Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

View Poll Results: The best songs on the album?
Éden, Éden 0 0%
Grand Central 2 40.00%
Limelight 2 40.00%
La Candida 1 20.00%
Les Collines 1 20.00%
14 décembre 0 0%
À cœur fendre 0 0%
Factory Girl 3 60.00%
Une fille difficile 0 0%
Mes fantômes 3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2021, 09:18 PM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Une enfant du siècle - Mini-Analysis of the album

I took on the project about a month ago to listen to the songs on the album and try to rank them in order.

But I simply haven’t been able to because they’re all so awesome.

It’s unfortunate that this great album isn’t known so well!

Do you have clear favorites from the album?

I can now put them in this order:

La Candida - This somehow feels best, but I can’t even justify any more.

Strongest challengers:

Les Collines - Everything is good in this song as well, but it may not quite get to the level of La Candida
Factory girl - In fact, at first I put this almost "worst*", but gradually it rose all the time. [*And so there are no bad songs on this album!]
Limelight - Interesting song because I can't place it, sometimes it's almost number one, sometimes lower...

The following (approximately in this order):

Éden, Éden
Grand Central
Une fille difficile
Mes fantômes
14 décembre
À cœur fendre

Alizée 💜
Old 03-18-2021, 09:49 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I have always been a fan of progressive rock music so it should come as no surprise that UEDS ranks as my second favorite Alizee album. I like the electronic effects that she uses in the album, but it is overused a little.

My overall favorite song of the album is Grand Central. When she starts talking the lyrics at the 2:00 minute mark, her voice is soft and sexy. There are plenty of time signature changes in the song to make it interesting and unpredictable.

Limelight is a close second. There is not a lot of lyrics, but from what there are, Alizee sings in English. I adore her accent when speaking or singing in English, so that helps rank the song up there near the top.

I think Mes fantômes is one of the most beautiful songs that Alizee has ever sung. The song needs a bridge to connect the second and third stanzas because overall the song sounds repetitive, but maybe that was intended. It's a very good song nonetheless.

Factory Girl deserves special mention. A few years back I took a winter road trip and got caught in an ice storm when I was within a half an hour from a hotel I planned on staying at for the night. It was midnight and very tired from the drive that day, and I had to drop my speed substantially and concentrate on not sliding off the highway. I was listening to UEDS at the time and Factory Girl came on. The intensity of the song and the intensity of the drive matched up closely, so I put it on repeat. That half hour got stretched to well over an hour, and I played Factory Girl all the way to the hotel parking lot.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:54 AM
Crazy Alizée fan 💘

AlizéeSuperFanFIN is on a distinguished road

Good stories Clever!

Mes Fantomes! I have to admit I put it too down, it’s a very good song! I have listened to UEDS almost all the time at once from start to finish, ie. when it's the last song on the album, MF may have been in the shadow of others...

I listened to it longer now alone and the song is like Alizée singing it in her concert and sitting on stage in her beautiful green dress.

It's unfortunate that there aren't a lot of live shows of these...

Alizée 💜