Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 12-04-2017, 08:07 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Of course Tinkerbell was a big blow to many of us. Why did it have to be so big? But at least it was on her back. Then came the ones on her arm and what was a killer about that is they came in such quick succession, but as I've said before I think depression had a lot to do with it.
Depression and low self-esteem.

Her tattoos cannot even be considered "art", and makes her look like a billboard for Disney. Maybe the characters were her childhood favorites? One must think that they hold some special significance to her. Personally, I loved the Flintstones, but would never consider a Barney Rubble tattoo anywhere.

Here is one situation where being so private really worked against her, being a public figure. She probably lost half her fans when the tats went on. Maybe a few words as to why, and why those characters, would have went a long way. Those that followed her on a superficial level would have left anyway, but for those that love her as a person, it would have settled the matter without all the wild speculations.

Edit:

Quote:
My ex-wife was born on 8/20. Then I got into a relationship with another woman who was born on that date. It was a break up of that relationship that led to 7 years of depression that finally ended with the discovery of Alizee and of course, Alizee was born on 8/21. I'd like to know what time of day Alizee was born? If she was born early in the day, it might have been still been 8/20 here and I would have hit the trifecta!
Wow! That is some coincidence, fate, or whatever you want to call it. My brother in law also has an 8/20 birthday. It would be interesting to know what time Alizee was born, but I doubt if we can ever find out!

I can totally understand how depression can linger, buddy. Looks like we share that Alizee became very instrumental in our recovery.

Quote:
As far as Jeremy, of course one thing we have to consider is Annily's feelings. I think Alizee has heard it all and can take anything we throw her way or at least I hope she can, but we have to be careful in our criticism of him.
It is certainly very brave of Alizee to fall on the sword to protect her family. Her and Jeremy could have been just two young kids who fell in love and realized a few years later that they were basically incompatible once the infatuation with each other wore off, and made the mistakes that young people make. The press and the Internet can be very cruel, and it is very tactful of her to not say much, as one day Annily will be old enough to freely read what has been said about her parents on the Internet.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 12-04-2017 at 08:07 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 12-04-2017, 03:34 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
It's so rare of Alizée to say something critical of someone else. One of the few times I remember was her criticizing Jenifer, who used to be her friend and who has often performed in Corsica, over something to do with an album Jenifer put out and I 'think' it might have to do with the fact that Jenifer might have stolen her idea for an album.

Again for her to say something critical is something that is very hard for her to bring herself to do. It's just not her nature and as you say, it must've taken a deep sense of betrayal for her to speak out.

Though not many spoke out, I think there were a lot of fans who were bothered by what went on.
Jennifer effectively killed the friendship with that bit of betrayal. Pity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
... What I am willing to bet the house on is that she is also fiercely loyal.
She is. Loyalty is very important to her.

Quote:
Her saying at DALS that she failed the family, to me, is that she has regrets that she gave up, which violated one of her core principles. Maybe she feels guilt that if she stuck with it "just a little longer", it would have worked out...
I think she did try those extra attempts. The relationship started to go bad before Annily. when she finally did end it, I believe that she was totally burned out - that she stuck with it for too long. She should have left sooner than she did.

Quote:
I'm going to bite my tongue at this point over the most probable scenario surrounding this relationship. What is important is that she is out and with Gregoire, and I hope he treats her well as she deserves.
He is head over heels for her.

Quote:
...Another thing that baffled me is why did she get all those tattoos on one arm (Thank goodness she did)? It's like she recognized the fact that she needed to have one good looking arm for her career...
Wrong arm, in my opinion.

Quote:
... I'd like to know what time of day Alizee was born? If she was born early in the day, it might have been still been 8/20 here and I would have hit the trifecta!...
Half of all babies are born between Midnight and 6AM, so there is a good chance she was.

Quote:
As far as Jeremy, of course one thing we have to consider is Annily's feelings. I think Alizee has heard it all and can take anything we throw her way or at least I hope she can, but we have to be careful in our criticism of him.
Good point.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
The relationship started to go bad before Annily. when she finally did end it, I believe that she was totally burned out - that she stuck with it for too long. She should have left sooner than she did.
Annily came fairly quickly after the marriage, so it sounds like it was rocky from the start.

Now I am curious as to divorce rates of Vegas weddings compared to those taking the more traditional route. The Vegas way is very compulsive, in my opinion. Planning a traditional wedding over time brings out character traits of both that otherwise could be missed. I think most girls dream of their wedding day, being in that one special dress and led down the aisle by their father. And of course we know Alizee would burn the retinas out of the guests that were there seeing her in her dress! Perhaps she felt robbed of her day going the Vegas route, and strained the marriage in some way. Women can be funny about these things.

With her second wedding, glad to see she went traditional. She was stunning.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:16 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Jeremy has been out of the picture for so long that her fans have pretty much written him off. Gregoire is now the one who is the important guy in her life.

I'll never understand how some guys will have someone great in their lives, and they totally screw it up.
Old 12-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Jeremy has been out of the picture for so long that her fans have pretty much written him off. Gregoire is now the one who is the important guy in her life.

I'll never understand how some guys will have someone great in their lives, and they totally screw it up.
I'm really new to this forum, even though I have been watching Alizee for 11 years. There are some details of her life that I need to reconcile in my mind, and there are some very knowledgeable people in this forum. So please excuse me rehashing some old news. Since I have grown to love her as a person, I do care about these things.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:02 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm really new to this forum, even though I have been watching Alizee for 11 years. There are some details of her life that I need to reconcile in my mind, and there are some very knowledgeable people in this forum. So please excuse me rehashing some old news. Since I have grown to love her as a person, I do care about these things.
Oh I totally understand where you're coming from we've all been there.

I ran across her in Nov 2004 and was overwhelmed by all the information that was out there on Alizée on the boards like this one back in 2005-2006.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Annily came fairly quickly after the marriage, so it sounds like it was rocky from the start.

Now I am curious as to divorce rates of Vegas weddings compared to those taking the more traditional route. The Vegas way is very compulsive, in my opinion. Planning a traditional wedding over time brings out character traits of both that otherwise could be missed. I think most girls dream of their wedding day, being in that one special dress and led down the aisle by their father. And of course we know Alizee would burn the retinas out of the guests that were there seeing her in her dress! Perhaps she felt robbed of her day going the Vegas route, and strained the marriage in some way. Women can be funny about these things.

With her second wedding, glad to see she went traditional. She was stunning.
Didn't seem to matter to her that much at the time.

Please note that she never did officially marry Jeremy. By this I mean that they could at any time have followed up the quick wedding in Vegas with a "real" wedding in France. This never happened.

I wonder if she eventually came to the conclusion that she had been too impulsive?
Old 12-05-2017, 01:18 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Didn't seem to matter to her that much at the time.

Please note that she never did officially marry Jeremy. By this I mean that they could at any time have followed up the quick wedding in Vegas with a "real" wedding in France. This never happened.

I wonder if she eventually came to the conclusion that she had been too impulsive?
Well I think Jeremy was her soul mate and that she was deeply in love with him even at the end and it was him not reciprocating that love at the end in any way which led to the break up.
We also know she is more superstitious than religious and I think that quicky marriage in Las Vegas meant as much to her as any church or state wedding. She gave her word and with Alizee, you know you can take her word to the bank.

EDIT:

Just to make things a little clearer for our newer fans, she was married in Las Vegas and the marriage wasn't recognized by the Church or the French government.

I think the thing she really regrets about her first wedding is the fact her family wasn't there and I believe when she got married in Corsica she said something like she was glad her family could attend this time.

I do think the LV wedding was an impulsive move. She's a non-practicing Catholic and he was Jewish so they could also have been looking to avoid any squabbles about whether to have a wedding in a Church or a Temple. If she had been married in a temple, that might have raised some eyebrows on Corsica among friends and family.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-05-2017 at 10:58 AM..
Old 12-08-2017, 12:10 AM

I have to disagree with the concept of Jeremy being her soulmate. They deeply resonated at one level, but one level only. This is why there was trouble only a few years into the marriage.
Old 12-17-2017, 09:35 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

This thread has been very entertaining! I didn't read all of it, but the pages I did read were quite something. (very funny responses)

The Annily tattoo is cute, and while I prefer smaller tattoos that have some sort of meaning, some that are just there for beauty are fine too, imo.

I don't know about covering up yourself completely with tattoos, it's not for me (I have a small one on my left wrist) but some people can pull it off. I don't think Alizee is going for that look though.

So while watching anime today I stumbled upon an episode of dragonball that had Arale chan in it, and remembered Alizee's tattoo. I think her haircut nowadays is very close to Arale's so why not? It's pretty funny.

My opinion on the tattoos is that I don't really care, as long as she is happy, that's what's important.