Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 01-16-2018, 10:50 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Mag article about 5 album being dedicated to France Gall

I was looking for a magazine article to post and by dum luck, I stumbled upon this one which was from May, 2013, about Alizée's album 5 and how it was a tribute to France Gall, who recently passed away.

AIFC was nice enough to share these pictures with us and a translation. The translation was in Russian and I used Google to translate. If any of who sees this is Russian, here is a link to the Russian text file in my Google drive.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/189n...ew?usp=sharing

Attachment 1820

Attachment 1821

Attachment 1822

TRIBU 168, mai 2013
ALBUM Alizée «5» - CONTEMPORARY DAY OF RESPECT FRANC GALL!
Interview / Thierry Kalmon / May 2013

Album Alizée "5" - a modern tribute to France Gall!
What is Alize's wonderful creative path: today she has 5 albums, 13 years of career in her account, and she managed to achieve recognition abroad. Three years after her rejection of electronic music - the album "Une Enfant Du Siècle" - she decided to return to the scene with a disc that looks like her: the key words for him are simplicity, sincerity and sincerity! In it, it opens up more and no longer hides behind double meanings and word games. Themes are universal (amorous disappointments ...) and are affected with nostalgia and sadness.

To create this new creative world, she turned to producer Alexander Azaria (music for films, Indochine, Zazi, Christoph Willem ...) and composers from pop, rock and variety music: Adrian Gallo (BB Brunes), Tom Boular (Luke), Sevren, Barton ...
These 11 songs mark a real return to the French stage and form a self-portrait puzzle. As in her time, Kylie Minogue opened her own vision of Brigitte Bardot in the album "Body Language", and Alizée now pays tribute to her idol, Frans Gall. "5" took the sound of the sixties from her, being, nevertheless, actual and modern, as, for example, the first single - "A Cause De L'Automne", with a clip in the style of "Bondiana".

Does "5" reveal a new or real Alize?
I would say that it is rather a new Alizée, because the stories told in the album are more like me today than the ones I sang before. They have more of me compared to the album "Une Enfant Du Siècle", in which I told the story of the muse of Andy Warhol. In Psychédélices, I had authors such as Jean Fock, who was amused by word games. And on the discs that Milen wrote for me, there were always double meanings and word games. Now I'm no longer hiding behind all this: I speak more clearly!
In terms of sound and image, everything became easier, if not poorer!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I think that sometimes, when you try to complicate something, it's better to make it easier! For me, in its simplicity is sincerity, and I believe that people are very much waiting for this. I also called it "5", because it was simple and effective, and it suits me. I open it a little more, because I wanted people to penetrate my inner world. After 13 years of his career, I think that the audience is waiting for this, too.

How did you create this new world?
After my "electronic" retreat with the album "Une Enfant Du Siècle", I again decided to bring something new. I do this on every album, and every time I answer for it, saying: "On this album, I took a chance ...". Hence the desire to talk about yourself and surround yourself with people from pop and pop music. I wanted to make an album of 2013 - modern, and that it was in the spirit of the times. My benchmark was France Gaul, it was the basis of my work with the sound of the 60s. Producer Alexander Azaria, who wrote a lot of music for the films, brought a cinematic note that links the album to "Une Enfant Du Siècle".

What attracted you to France Gall?
I listen to her music from childhood. I like insanely what she chose on her musical path: she always knew how to choose her surroundings, make the right decisions, be modern, and sometimes even avant-garde. Her songs do not go out of fashion, and making timeless music is very difficult. Fashion, like music, moves in a circle, all the time returns: Brigitte Bardot is a huge source of inspiration in fashion and for stylists. It's a muse.

Have you heard that Jennifer releases the album-dedication of France Gall ("Ma Déclaration" on June 3)?
I have this question: did she already speak of France Gall? I think that we are recording an album of cover versions because these songs influence us a lifetime: for example, I always talked about Madonna, I sang "La Isla Bonita", and no one would be surprised that I sing these songs, because this person I have always admired. Jennifer will need to ask: did she listen to the songs of Frans Gall from birth? I thought she liked Lenny Kravitz music more ... At the same time, this is a very good idea, because in France the two artists are most audible: Jean-Jacques Goldman and France Gall.
In the clip "À Cause De L'Automne" many references: James Bond, "Sherbourg Umbrellas", "Umbrella" Rihanna .
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In terms of the script, we wanted to make a screen saver in the style of James Bond with references to various films. I got a lot of fun, entering the role of the James Bond girl. (She laughs).
What would you like, what do people remember when they listen to the album?
That this disc is similar to me and quickly ends. When they say that it ends quickly - for me it's good, because it means that people do not lose interest, and they are not a second bored. I would like people to say that he brings the benefit of the French stage.

Themes, however, are complex: frustration in love ...
But they are so realistic! (She laughs). I think that many people recognize themselves in them, because I'm just touching on simple topics that have happened to me in varying degrees, and which happen to other people. They are also expressed with ease, without aggression: rather, they are nostalgic and melancholic.
I thought that you depicted a portrait of a man in a not very profitable light!

This is true, and at the same time, this is my point of view. I think, by the way, that this is why many people recognize themselves in songs, and I hope that on the other hand, some will open their eyes. It would be nice! (He laughs).
Here you can say that this is actually autobiographical.

The authors who wrote the lyrics made the songs look like me, and they were always open to any changes in the texts. Paradoxically, I have not received a single text written by a woman, and therefore we can say that men, in the long run, write well on behalf of women. That's why I proposed to change some words and phrases, because from the mouth of a woman it sounded different. I was lucky to deal with understanding authors, it's good for me when I sing their lyrics.
In the song "La guerre en dentelles" we are far from women's mutual help, as in "Sex in the City"?

The theme is universal: from a kindergarten girls quarrel among themselves, and, at the same time, this does not mean that we do not love each other. In the end, we always make peace behind the guy! (She laughs).
I'm surprised that there is no duet in the album!
--------------------------------------------------------------------
My dream is to sing a duet with Vanessa Parady. I admire her as much as France Gall.
You supported "Marriage for All", did you understand all this hype about same-sex marriage?
No! There is no feeling that we will be in 2013. That's strange! There was a new outbreak of homophobia, France split. Personally, I do not stop repeating: the mother of my goddaughter - my cousin is a lesbian and lives with her girlfriend. I do not even ask myself whether it's good or bad, because for me, I repeat, it's normal, it's not a disease ... It seems logical to me that we are all equal. It's the same with same-sex parents: my goddaughter is not out of balance. In fact, I'm more surprised when people say it's abnormal! It's strange that they say this ...

Is it not too difficult to support "Les Restos Du Coeur" every year: there is no end to this ...
Unfortunately! It is difficult to support them in the artistic sense, but at the same time, you think that if we stop it, it will be even harder. It does not take us much time: what is a week of concerts a year? We have fun, and still try to mobilize people: they do not buy a CD because of me, Amel Bent or Patrick Bruel ... This is the joint work of all these artists! Just by buying a concert ticket to see us, people do a good deed: they already bring money to Restos Du Coeur. Personally, I would like people to bring money all year round, not just once a year, buying a CD or DVD. But it requires so much energy from us and from personnel, technicians, volunteers ... Besides, this year with such a cold winter I thought about people living on the street: it's impossible to stay there. I would like, that one day we, the artists, say to each other: "Next year we will not see each other!". This, at last, would mean that there are no more people living on the street ...

I believe that you have changed, that today you show your character more.
Maybe it is in the thirtieth anniversary! (She laughs). I dare to do more ...
Even in terms of clothes: no more glamorous lolita, and your style is more like thrash rock.
I like to wear Perfecto leather jackets, do yourself a tattoo. I feel comfortable with my appearance, and besides, fashion today is more "fatal": skulls, rivets ... Earlier, if you had tattoos, about you
----------------------------------------------------------------------
thought you were a biker or a prisoner, but today it is available to everyone. It's the same with fashion, and many other things.
Have you ever been invited to participate in a show for any brand of clothing?
I would have craved it, but I was never offered: maybe because I was too young, and now I'm almost thirty, so maybe I'm already too old ... (laughs). My image changes with the girl I am. I do not feel very comfortable in a dress and in heels, but I can wear them when I need them. Tight pants with stars and sneakers on the platform are more suited to me!
Is it a good experience to be a jury member at the World Tattoos Exhibition?
I liked that I was offered it, because I'm not a professional in tattoos, and I like a rather peculiar style: colorful and manga-tattoos. The fact that Ten-Ten offered this to me proves that tattooists are ready to open the doors, ready to be made available to everyone. Today tattoos are Art!

Do you still have body parts that do not have tattoos?
(Laughs). Feet, and there are still empty seats on the arm. It's like a drug: you always say that you stop, and ultimately you make yourself another.

What annoys you today?
Injustice in any field, in everyday life. This freaks me out, but at the same time, it's part of life.
What is your current view of the music industry?
I'm optimistic because people love music. I like artists who take risks, because often this is emphasized. Some are content to do the same thing, at some point it is a success, but here, as elsewhere: people are fed up, and they themselves, after all, too.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-09-2022 at 11:44 PM..
Old 01-17-2018, 07:40 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
Do you still have body parts that do not have tattoos?
(Laughs). Feet, and there are still empty seats on the arm. It's like a drug: you always say that you stop, and ultimately you make yourself another.
Oh boy. I guess the good news is that it looks like she went to "rehab" and kicked the habit.

At least I think.