Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-03-2014, 04:46 AM
Mélodie de vie, c'est l'odyssée!

Marka is on a distinguished road
Default The whole "she left MF and LB" thing...

I've just been wondering...

As you know, I am one of those fans who really adore Zée's first two albums and the whole world behind them. Lui ou toi, Amelié m'a dit, Tempête, ... still seem fresh and valid to me even though I've listened to them surely more than ten thousand times.

But I must confess that whenever I see someone mention Alizée leaving MF and LB, even though that happened more than ten years ago, in the recent posts regarding her current career, I start to feel a little tickle. Well, perhaps not exactly a tickle, but more of a shiver.

Surely she would have left them eventually, the same way as kids leave their parent's nest. In the end, I think that she would find herself in a similar situation, even if she had done one or two more albums with them... and I also think that her current situation is not THAT bad and her leaving MF and LB later would not have changed that.

Anyway, what do you think?

By the owner, the dog is respected. (Corsican Proverb)

Last edited by Marka; 05-03-2014 at 06:58 AM..
Old 05-03-2014, 06:51 AM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
I've just been wondering...

Surely she would have left them eventually, the same way as kids leave their parent's nest. In the end, I think that she would find herself in a similar situation, even if she had done one or two more albums with them...
I think you make a valid point here. We can all speculate as to what might have happened had she stayed with them but it's fairly pointless. The fact is, she is where she is now and probably would have been somewhere close to that whatever happened.

The whole business of her leaving MF & LB was what sparked my interest in Alizee. I have always wondered why she did that and my best guess was that she felt increasingly uncomfortable acting out the roles that MF assigned to her. I base that on her mannerisms in her videos - especially the later ones - and the manner in which she walked out so suddenly. If Jeremy played a part in all of that I think it was more about giving her the courage to do it rather than persuading her to do it.

Mylene and Alizee are completely different in terms of performance style. I've watched all of Mylene's performances and Alizee was never going to be anything like that. Perhaps I shouldn't say 'never' but I'd be very surprised if Alizee ever emulated Mylene's raunchy style in a performance. I just don't think it's in her character to do that. Put simply, I think Alizee finds that sort of thing a bit distasteful.

Last edited by Panther; 05-03-2014 at 06:54 AM..
Old 05-03-2014, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
The whole business of her leaving MF & LB was what sparked my interest in Alizee. I have always wondered why she did that and my best guess was that she felt increasingly uncomfortable acting out the roles that MF assigned to her. I base that on her mannerisms in her videos - especially the later ones - and the manner in which she walked out so suddenly. If Jeremy played a part in all of that I think it was more about giving her the courage to do it rather than persuading her to do it.

Mylene and Alizee are completely different in terms of performance style. I've watched all of Mylene's performances and Alizee was never going to be anything like that. Perhaps I shouldn't say 'never' but I'd be very surprised if Alizee ever emulated Mylene's raunchy style in a performance. I just don't think it's in her character to do that. Put simply, I think Alizee finds that sort of thing a bit distasteful.
I highlighted the points in your answer I agree with and which I deem important to note from my perspective.

Yet, we have discussed this so many times over and over again... don't you think that everything is getting a little redundant... that does not mean, that I would not like her to stay longer with them and produce another sequel of MCE, but such a wish is for the past and has no validity today. And her solo albums are far from being bad in my opinion, otherwise I would not follow her career. In some sense, they are sequels of MCE.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyway, does anybody here know, what is up with LB? Is he still alive or what? I haven't seen anything about him for a long time (since MF released her album in 2012).

Last edited by Marka; 05-03-2014 at 07:14 AM..
Old 05-03-2014, 10:32 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

Alizée would left MF/LB anyhow... sooner or later. Well I understand the fans were disappointed by the situation. It take time to settle into the new reality. But 10 years, and there is still someone who has problem with A vs. MF... crazy for me. Same like the stupid anti-Alizée comments on various sites.

Everytime when Alizée was talking about MF, only in good. So it's clear that for her is MF still someone important.

If I should talk about a success of her albums... its clearly why the first albums were so successful, cause Mylene. I think the much % of Alizée fans, were fans of Mylene. Simply when Alizée closed the door between her and Mylene, the Mylene fans just left Alizée. Just watch reportage about Alizée's concert in Olympia, how they were asking the people outside... bla bla Mylene...

Last edited by Lucas; 05-03-2014 at 10:38 AM..
Old 05-03-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
But 10 years, and there is still someone who has problem with A vs. MF... crazy for me. Same like the stupid anti-Alizée comments on various sites.
I believe I have never seen any anti-Alizée comments in my almost three year long fandom of her. People just worry about her in different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
Everytime when Alizée was talking about MF, only in good. So it's clear that for her is MF still someone important.
Yes, but do you think that she is more genuinely thankful towards MF and LB, or more because others (including us) expect her to be thankful?

Old 05-03-2014, 01:40 PM

Panther is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marka View Post
I believe I have never seen any anti-Alizée comments in my almost three year long fandom of her. People just worry about her in different ways.

Really? Well you should have a look at some of the comments in these threads then:

http://www.mf-international.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Have a good look. You will see me challenging some of it but I gave up in the end.
Old 05-03-2014, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
Really? Well you should have a look at some of the comments in these threads then:

http://www.mf-international.com/viewforum.php?f=1

Have a good look. You will see me challenging some of it but I gave up in the end.
Oh there... that does not count. I mean here on AAm and on AF.

Old 05-04-2014, 05:03 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

RMJ is probably one of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to everything Alizee. A couple of times, once after a Les Enfoires show in Lyon and another before a L.E. show in Paris, we met up and went out for a couple of drinks together and discussed everything Allizee.

I myself believe that Jeremy did tell Alizee about the deeper meanings of her songs and he told her she wasn't making as much money as she should be and these are what led to the split. RMJ if I remember things exactly said he thought Alizee was under contract for a 3rd album and the reason for the long absence was that "time" was one of the ways she could get out of that contract.

The split came at a very unfortunate time. Amelie was rumored to be the next single to be released and I think the English version could've been a hit in this country.

It was rumored that one of the lines from a song in Psych, was a slap at Mylene.

When Psych was released, she sent the first cd to MF/LB and apparently they never responded.

A lot of members here are also members of AF, I suggest you contact RMJ and ask him his views, becasue I may be misquoting him and where he's banned here, he can't respond. Just make sure you don't ask him why he insists on putting his mark on all his photographs. Still I wouldn't take his views as gospel. With everything else about Alizee, you have to listen to all the different views, then form your own opinions of what went down.

That's not easy. I've followed her for over 7 years now and feel I still have no idea what she's like in real life.

It did seem very strange that she quit cold turkey the way she did. Some say MF/LB wanted the split. That's hog wash in my opinion.

I'm still not sure what to believe. My general feeling is that Alizee was upset buy what Jeremy told her and because the two were young artists, who at that point had big heads, they thought they could make it on their own and they decided to wait until the contract expired to come out with an album of their own. But then again some believe that when Alizee left, she didn't want to come back and Jeremy talked her into putting out another album which I think is very possible. So like I say, listen to all the views, do some research and formulate your own opinion. We'll probably never know for sure.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 05-04-2014 at 05:06 AM..