Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-07-2012, 11:59 PM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road
Default Alizee's Career - what went wrong?

Okay, I didn't want to clog the pictures thread with this, but I had a response. Considering this is a discussion forum, I see nothing wrong with this topic. Anyway, here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
When she hooked up with Jeremy, she was one of the hottest singers in Europe and when he was done with her, they didn't even know she was still performing or should I say, trying to perform.
Let's not forget that getting married also ruined Jeremy's career. The both of them were extremely popular before they got together, but both of their images changed and it just didn't work out for them. He was dark and mysterious and wrote music that teens and young adults related to, but then he got with Alizee and started writing more positive lyrics. Ultimately, I think that was the demise of Alizee's fame. She went from young, sexy, and single to being a mom.

One of the reasons Mylene can still sell out stadiums is because she is a French icon. What ultimately set off Mylene's career was going from the conservative 80s look to being sexy and risque (also went through major physical changes), and quite frankly, she pushed the envelope. If you've looked at translations of her music, it isn't very happy. I'd say the majority is very depressing and some is quite dark and sexual. Her career is quite similar to Madonna's. She's not a goody goody, she's a bad gurl and people like that.

Alizee has gone from spicy and vibrant, to being very vanilla, at least career-wise. I don't think the music has ever really been the issue. Jeremy is a great artist and a very successful song writer and producer. UEDS was pretty prententious so I can see why it didn't go over well, but Chateau Marmont kind of left her in a lurch as well. Anyway, you have to think of it from different angles.

People have also been asking me what I meant when I said "you don't know what you're talking about." Okay, so it's not anything super special and I don't know ALL the details. Here is what I do know. This is from another forum and is available for everyone to see.

Regarding the recent split-up/divorce, I do not know the details. All I know is what my source told me a couple of years ago. Alizee did not want to go back into the entertainment industry and Jeremy basically had to force her to record Psychedelices. She was starting to feel very resentful that he made her go back to work when she didn't want to. When the rumors started that they split up the first time, it was true. I thought they might have reconciled since then, but it appears they have not.