Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 10-11-2006, 11:37 AM

O Rly is on a distinguished road

Yeah i know that, they probably wouldn't sue for that, but i was just saying that they could do it.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:14 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatchaman View Post
I like the acquisition. YouTube is the biggest and most popular video site out there. Advertisers know that, and so does Hollywood. YouTube has also made great strides in acuiring the rights to host videos from major studios such as Fox, Universal, Warner Bros, etc.

Because of that, Google went ahead with the purchase. Besides, YouTube was a money pit, and burning tons of cash monthly to stay afloat. So this is a win for Google because of the potential advertising revenue, a win for YouTube (obviously, and a win for us viewers.

There are still a bunch of competition out there such as Vmix, DailyMotion, etc, so YouTube will still continue to work hard to improve itself.

Look for Yahoo to step up and make the next video service purchase.
Actually, I wonder if YouTube will continue to exist. Google already has a very similar service, integrated with their web browser, called GoogleVideo. They might have just bought YouTube to eliminate competition. It's not quite like when Yahoo bought Broadcast.com and turned it into Yahoo Broadcast - they didn't have the feature at that time. Google doesn't "need" YouTube in that way, so they might just dismantle it.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:06 PM

Gatchaman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Greg View Post
Actually, I wonder if YouTube will continue to exist. Google already has a very similar service, integrated with their web browser, called GoogleVideo. They might have just bought YouTube to eliminate competition. It's not quite like when Yahoo bought Broadcast.com and turned it into Yahoo Broadcast - they didn't have the feature at that time. Google doesn't "need" YouTube in that way, so they might just dismantle it.
Google has stated that they will continue to operate independently, and will work together to create new features for YouTube. My guess is that Google will phase out their current video service.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:50 PM

Pirate515 is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Google has stated that they will continue to operate independently, and will work together to create new features for YouTube. My guess is that Google will phase out their current video service.
That's what I thought of as well. Business-wise, it just doesn't make sense for one company to have two products/services that do the exact same thing. So one of them will have to go, and given the fact that YouTube is far more popular than Google Video, Google Video will probably bite the dust.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

Spartan500 is on a distinguished road

yeah i wonder if they do decide to "phase" google video out if they are gonna put all the google video vids on youtube and combine the collection cause there is stuff on google that isn't on youtube
Old 10-11-2006, 03:14 PM
100th Member

DJ_Greg is on a distinguished road

I wonder, though, if YouTube will continue to be known as "YouTube" or if they'll incorporate the Google name in..."GoogleTube" or something. It's branding...gotta get your name out in as many places as possible.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:35 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

yeah but they might want to stick with youtube as the name because people already know it. its like with the newest generation mazda mx-5 they cut off miata but people still call them miatas and now mazda has or is already putting miata back in the name
Old 10-11-2006, 04:03 PM

Gatchaman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by O Rly View Post
Stupid question - How?
Seriously.
Check this site out guys http://www.keepvid.com

It allows you to download .flv video files from YouTube, Google Video, etc. I'm not sure how long this site will last, so use it while you can.

Oh, and you will need to download an FLV player to view the files. I suggest using this one. Works for both Windows and Mac.
http://www.wimpyplayer.com/products/...lv_player.html
Old 10-11-2006, 06:42 PM
Faithful Fan

bt_bird_90 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Check this site out guys http://www.keepvid.com

It allows you to download .flv video files from YouTube, Google Video, etc. I'm not sure how long this site will last, so use it while you can.

Oh, and you will need to download an FLV player to view the files. I suggest using this one. Works for both Windows and Mac.
http://www.wimpyplayer.com/products/...lv_player.html
Oh... my... Alizée... thank you Gatchaman!!!!1!!one!!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:09 PM
I'm awesome, u know it

yeah thanks gatchaman im gonna download as much videos as i can