Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-18-2024, 05:30 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Le Reconstruction de Notre Dame !

Unless you are in France or the EU; you my not know that the Reconstruction of the Cathedral Notre Dame has been almost completed ! So I append one of the stories I found on that recently; as I did not know it was that far along !
They have been Monumentally successful ! But are still working on many of the major details inside !
At one point somebody said that they wouldn't be able to find the Oak Trees necessary to do the job; but they have ! and many people the world over have contributed monies for it's completion ! So I append the story for everybody !
http://www.cnn.com/style/notre-dame-...ion/index.html

It makes me immensely Happy !

It reminds me of one of my little stories; if you will, A Fairy is arrested by a Gendarme for messing around in a Pond ! And so she is interrogated by Inspector Rosseau of the Sirte. what is your Name ? Hermione. What is your last name ? I don't have one. Ridiculous ! How do you get Mail ? Fairies don't get Mail ! If you are a Fairy then where are your wings ? I don't choose to put them out now, as you might damage them ! All right; where were you born and what year ? I was born in the Fairy Queen's Castle north of Paris. They told me I was born the same year the Cathedral was started. What Cathedral ? Notre Dame. What year was Notre Dame started ? ; Rosseau asked the Corporal. Wiki says 1163 ! Girl, Are you trying to tell me that you are 700 to 800 Years old ? Well , when you say it like that, it sounds ugly ! Girl, I am going to have to spank some sense into you in the back ! I think that would be abuse to have a human spank a Fairy ! Fairies live longer than humans; for a Fairy I am quite young. Balderdash ! What is the address of the Fairy Castle ? I won't tell you as it is a secret ; and it doesn't have an address ! How do they get mail ? I told you Fairies don't get mail ! What is the name of the Fairy Queen ? I won't tell you; as she doesn't like her name bandied about ! You had better release me; as the Fairy Queen will be very mad on you !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 04-18-2024 at 06:10 PM.. Reason: Le Story
Old 04-18-2024, 06:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
Unless you are in France or the EU; you my not know that the Reconstruction of the Cathedral Notre Dame has been almost completed ! So I append one of the stories I found on that recently; as I did not know it was that far along !
They have been Monumentally successful ! But are still working on many of the major details inside !
At one point somebody said that they wouldn't be able to find the Oak Trees necessary to do the job; but they have ! and many people the world over have contributed monies for it's completion ! So I append the story for everybody !
http://www.cnn.com/style/notre-dame-...ion/index.html

It makes me immensely Happy !

It reminds me of one of my little stories; if you will, A Fairy is arrested by a Gendarme for messing around in a Pond ! And so she is interrogated by Inspector Rosseau of the Sirte. what is your Name ? Hermione. What is your last name ? I don't have one. Ridiculous ! How do you get Mail ? Fairies don't get Mail ! If you are a Fairy then where are your wings ? I don't choose to put them out now, as you might damage them ! All right; where were you born and what year ? I was born in the Fairy Queen's Castle north of Paris. They told me I was born the same year the Cathedral was started. What Cathedral ? Notre Dame. What year was Notre Dame started ? ; Rosseau asked the Corporal. Wiki says 1163 ! Girl, Are you trying to tell me that you are 700 to 800 Years old ? Well , when you say it like that, it sounds ugly ! Girl, I am going to have to spank some sense into you in the back ! I think that would be abuse to have a human spank a Fairy ! Fairies live longer than humans; for a Fairy I am quite young. Balderdash ! What is the address of the Fairy Castle ? I won't tell you as it is a secret ; and it doesn't have an address ! How do they get mail ? I told you Fairies don't get mail ! What is the name of the Fairy Queen ? I won't tell you; as she doesn't like her name bandied about ! You had better release me; as the Fairy Queen will be very mad on you !
I watched a video on the reconstruction recently and I believe the section where they hold masses hopefully will be done by the end of the year but there's still a lot of work to be done in other sections. It's hard to believe they are this far along when you see the pains taking details they had to do to restore so many items that had intricate details to them.

I told the story in here before how I hadn't been to confession in over 40 years. Then I walked into Notre Dame as I had done on a few other occasions and saw a sign that said "confession dialogue". So I decided to wait and talk to one of the priests. I was worried that he might not speak English but when it finally came my turn, it turned out the priest had taught for a while in South Boston, an area I was born in.
Old 04-20-2024, 12:14 AM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I watched a video on the reconstruction recently and I believe the section where they hold masses hopefully will be done by the end of the year but there's still a lot of work to be done in other sections. It's hard to believe they are this far along when you see the pains taking details they had to do to restore so many items that had intricate details to them.

I told the story in here before how I hadn't been to confession in over 40 years. Then I walked into Notre Dame as I had done on a few other occasions and saw a sign that said "confession dialogue". So I decided to wait and talk to one of the priests. I was worried that he might not speak English but when it finally came my turn, it turned out the priest had taught for a while in South Boston, an area I was born in.
A nice story ; Scruffy ! If I ever get to France I must see Notre Dame, and the Louvre, and the Eiffel ! And then I would look to see if I could find a French Girl like Alizee or perhaps I would have to go down to Corsica to find one ! Ha !