Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 04-15-2007, 01:39 AM
---

theit77 is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée's Musical Beauty

Alizée's physical beauty and the beauty of her character have often been commented upon, but what about her musical beauty?? I discovered her 3 months ago and have listened to nothing else since. Every minute I'm at my computer (3+ hrs/day) I have Alizée playing. I have 100 or so songs of hers including en concert, mixes, and some fan remixes. I've listened to each 15, 20, or more times, and they don't get old, they just don't. Her music is phenomenal. I give major credit to Laurent for some amazing composition, Mylene for her lyrics, and Alizée for the perfect voice, singing, and mannerisms of singing (= very cute). It all comes together so well, and the songs are just so good!

Agree? Disagree?

do any of you notice you listen to nothing but Alizée?
Old 04-15-2007, 01:42 AM
Banned

thats amazazazing is on a distinguished road

i was listening to her an unbelieavable amount, but now its just when she pops up on my main playlist of about 400 songs
Old 04-15-2007, 01:53 AM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

Well I can't say that I do, don't get me wrong I do enjoy her voice, but I have been listening to Alizée since 2001 about when Gourmandises was released in Canada (I know weren't we lucky ) And there is just to many talented artists out there putting out new work that I like to ignore them. And having only taken a serious interest in French music in the last few years I have a lot of ground to make up, and a lot of artists left to discover. So I keep current with any news about Alizée's new work, but can't ignore all the other music that I like in the meantime. So yes I do listen to her music, but not exclusively.

Last edited by Twitch; 04-15-2007 at 02:58 AM.. Reason: mixed up the dates, bought CD in Jan 02 but started listening in 01 :)
Old 04-15-2007, 03:34 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

I listen about 90% Alizée. She's my favorite pop singer now, and has been for about a year.

But alas, as has happened with all singers I've been attracted to in the past, she will (I think) eventually give way to someone or something else. I will grant that her staying power on my player is very strong. Perhaps stronger than any artist I've followed in my lifetime. And like many other artists I've followed, her songs will ALWAYS be with me, until the day I die. Perhaps her new album will extend her streak for many years to come. But eventually, it always happens, someone or something new comes along, or I simply have the need for more balance. So the 90% Alizée I have today will gradually wane...never completely away...but wane back into the pack of artist and songs I hold dear, settling into a steady state position, perhaps in the 10% range.

But I can't say when this will happen. It could be this year...it could be next year. It could be several years. No sense fighting to keep it...and no sense fighting not to lose it....just go with the flow, and enjoy the ride for however long it takes me.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:35 AM

Drake498 is on a distinguished road

i know what ya mean, ever since i got my Alizée CD's they havent left my CD player in the car, or my MP3 player

Je t'aime Alizée
Old 04-15-2007, 04:27 AM

kdn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
just go with the flow, and enjoy the ride for however long it takes me.
I agree with you again OGRE
Old 04-15-2007, 04:28 AM

MiamMiam is on a distinguished road

I listen to her about 50% of the time, Leanne Rimes about 30% and everything else the rest of the 20% lol
Old 04-15-2007, 05:24 AM

Rad's is on a distinguished road

Me too,i listen to her 70% nirvana 20% others 10%..
Old 04-15-2007, 06:49 AM

SanchomacH is on a distinguished road

I listen to her as part of my workout routine. By the time both her cd's are over i have been in the gym for 1hr 1/2. As long as I keep seeing results, I will keep listening to her when I work out.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:28 AM
Banned

RMJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by theit77 View Post
Alizée's physical beauty and the beauty of her character have often been commented upon, but what about her musical beauty?? I discovered her 3 months ago and have listened to nothing else since. Every minute I'm at my computer (3+ hrs/day) I have Alizée playing. I have 100 or so songs of hers including en concert, mixes, and some fan remixes. I've listened to each 15, 20, or more times, and they don't get old, they just don't. Her music is phenomenal. I give major credit to Laurent for some amazing composition, Mylene for her lyrics, and Alizée for the perfect voice, singing, and mannerisms of singing (= very cute). It all comes together so well, and the songs are just so good!

Agree? Disagree?

do any of you notice you listen to nothing but Alizée?
Yeah, That's how it is. Those three just made things work. Laurent is wizard of compositions. They songs are basically extremely simple but he just made them work. Just listen to at the instrumentals or try t ignore Alizée's voice and listen just the instrumental. And use of varying instruments on the ongs makes them sound so nice. Love the use of violins for example (even tho they obviously are synths... but still they are awesome).

And well... Her voice... That's the one that took me and keeps me running. A day without her voice is like... like... umm... there's no day without her voice. In the past 5 years, I have heard each of her songs thousands of times. It's just impossible to stop listening to her. It's her voice that made me pick the speakers I have, it's her voice that made me pick headphones I have. Everything runs around her. And I enjoy it all.

And of course I listen to other music, too. But Alizée is beyond all of them .