Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 08-03-2007, 01:17 PM

deanej is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée in Canada

Did Alizée ever release anything in Canada? I'm going to Toronto next week and was wondering if I could find a copy of the En Concert DVD there.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Fidèle Toujours

Cooney is on a distinguished road

I'm not sure if En Concert was released in Canada - if so, it was only the CD, not the DVD.

I believe her two albums may have been released there, and I know the "I'm Not Twenty" international edition was as well. Beyond that, I'm not certain.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm not 20.

Zack -Alizee Lover- is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanej View Post
Did Alizée ever release anything in Canada? I'm going to Toronto next week and was wondering if I could find a copy of the En Concert DVD there.
Officialy no, She didn't promote anything there. But im sure Canada does have "Gourmandises" and "MCE", i don't know about the singles. As far as i know Canada doesn't have the En Concert DVD nor Cd. The best way to get En Concert DVD has always been through Amazon.fr, Brad posted how to buy it from Amazon, maybe you should try it out.
Old 08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

You're not going to find anything in the Western provinces, that's for sure. Even Ontario hosts nothing of Alizée, and believe me, I've searched. I'm going to Montreal this month, and I'll have a look around there when I go. I know that Mylène Farmer is accessible, which is a start.
Old 08-03-2007, 03:26 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

As far as I know only Gourmandises and the English I'm not Twenty single had official releases but no promotion that I know of so sales weren't great why MCE and the En Concerts were only available as imports (and the DVD was usually by request only as it is PAL). They were available in some stores in the areas that had large enough French speaking populations but being that it has been several years most are no longer kept in stock. Also Québec tends to have a very inward looking and protective attitude when it comes to culture so it is not very often that artists from France receive much if any support from local media.

For me I did see Gourmandises on shelves here in 2001 but had passed it by as I wasn't listening to French music and it wasn't until seeing part of the Moi Lolita video on Much a few months later that I decided to look into it a bit more out of curiousity. And since having my copy stolen have been looking around the local stores myself but so far none have any, not even the ones that did back in 01 telling me they shipped them back to the distributor when they didn't sell after a few years. I never did see the I'm not Twenty single on shelves but I ordered it dirt cheap through Amazon.ca($7CDN) from a store in BC. Not so much that I liked the single but that it was the first album released here since Gourmandises and was trying to help it do well enough so that they would have a Canadian release of the next album.

So long story short your going to have to be really really lucky to find a store in Toronto that has the DVD, and might even have a hard time finding one that knows what you are talking about. So like the others have said ordering it from Amazon.fr or other French store would be your best bet. You can find them on Ebay as well but a lot of them are fakes so be careful if you go that route.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:18 PM

davmuz is on a distinguished road
Default Canada

As far as we know, Alizee is French, not Canadian.
Old 08-03-2007, 06:21 PM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmuz View Post
davmuz, it's not just as far as we know; It's a fact that Alizée was born in Corsica and is a French citizen. She likely never even stepped foot in Canada, pauvres nous.

We're talking about finding Alizée's CDs and DVDs in Canadian stores.

Last edited by espire; 08-03-2007 at 06:23 PM..
Old 08-03-2007, 06:30 PM

davmuz is on a distinguished road
Default True

Amazon France is looking like your best bet then Seriously, i've had no trouble buying stuff from 'overseas' websites - postage rates reasonable, the fun of getting a package - i dont think you'll be able to wander into a store in Canada and say "hey dudes, latest Alizee?". Thats the world's record industry for you. (Shame on them).
Old 08-03-2007, 06:36 PM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack -Alizee Lover- View Post
Officialy no, She didn't promote anything there. But im sure Canada does have "Gourmandises" and "MCE", i don't know about the singles. As far as i know Canada doesn't have the En Concert DVD nor Cd. The best way to get En Concert DVD has always been through Amazon.fr, Brad posted how to buy it from Amazon, maybe you should try it out.
how the hell did you know?!

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change
It's a shame..."
Old 08-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by davmuz View Post
But Mylene Farmer is Canadian. She spent the first eight years of her life in Quebec, so there is some connection between Alizee and Canada, aside from the fact that her CDs were sold in some parts of Canada and that she speaks French and so does people in the province of Quebec and elsewhere.