Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Support

View Poll Results: Black T-Shirt Logo: Centered or Pocket?
Center 27 61.36%
Pocket 17 38.64%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2009, 02:07 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
the french flag came out to be black, white, and red, and "Alizee America" is kinda blurred out.
Ouch
I think we could avoid this if we go for the centered design so that the logo and flags aren't messed because of their small size when printing
Old 11-30-2009, 02:47 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Ouch
I think we could avoid this if we go for the centered design so that the logo and flags aren't messed because of their small size when printing
I am in complete agreement with you.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:38 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
hey ben, i got my shirt today!
but just letting you know, the french flag came out to be black, white, and red, and "Alizee America" is kinda blurred out.

but that's probably because i got the black one.

Love it though!!
Hmm that's strange, mine was fine. Sorry, I'll take it off the shop for the time being, and send you another one once I know what's going on. I don't think it's a center vs. pocket issue though (at least not the flag, which is probably transparency), but I'll check both.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:58 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
hey ben, i got my shirt today!
but just letting you know, the french flag came out to be black, white, and red, and "Alizee America" is kinda blurred out.

but that's probably because i got the black one.

Love it though!!
I'd assume you got a lemon so to speak, the shop should take it back and give you a new one. If the printing company don't take it back they are a pile of shit. Some colors do not work on certain colored shirts either.

Out of curiousness has anyone else gotten the black shirt and had it turn out the same? or did they turn out with the image as it should?

Old 11-30-2009, 08:03 PM
Century Child

I placed wasabi's order so would have to deal with a return. Don't worry wasabi, I'll take this one on myself. For the record, only three other black shirts have gone out so far, and one had a centered logo, so the problem shouldn't be wide spread (plus I paid for two of 'em). Though yes, if anyone else has a problem please let me know! Just to be safe, I'm taking the dark shirt off the shop while a few samples are printed and sent to me.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:16 PM
Deceased

JimmyDean23 is on a distinguished road

I just got mine and I have the same problem. The blue on the flag is definitely transparent, you can tell by holding it up to the light and looking from the inside. There is a dark sheen on it but the tag said it would wash out so maybe it will look better after washing. I agree that it really needs to be centered and larger. I think the real problem is the shirt itself. American Apparel shirts are much softer and higher quality. Trust me on this one, switch to the dark fitted shirts. They're only $2 more but well worth it.

Ninjedit:

Last edited by JimmyDean23; 11-30-2009 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: added pic
Old 11-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

When I got my shirt it seemed fine. I ordered a maroon t-shirt. After reading the comments here I took a closer look at it. The color seems a bit lighter than what I would call maroon, and seems closer to just regular red. The blue in the French flag did pick up some of the red, thus making it look a little like dark purple. You'd think this would also make the yellow flame look orange, but it doesn't. The other colors are fine.

All in all, considering the price and the fact that it's a t-shirt, I'm quite satisfied with the one I got. In the case of my shirt, I doubt most people would even notice unless I pointed it out to them. It seems that we are getting some mixed results here, but it appears to mostly affect the blue printed areas.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 PM
Century Child

Alright, thanks for the feedback. A few points:

-This only effects the black-background logo, which was only used for the dark shirt. All other merchandise, including the golf shirt (which was always my main idea for the shop) should be fine.

-I'd already switched to a larger, centered design for the dark shirt before removing it. But I'm waiting for a test of that, plus the American Apparel shirt (down side is it has less color options), before putting it back on sale.

-After the tests are done, I'll send new dark shirts to everyone who got one with the small pocket logo (only three were ever made). Or I can send a golf shirt now, just let me know.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:38 AM
Half Dog Half Human

FireCanine is on a distinguished road

I got my shirt today! It's great! but I have to agree with wasabi the ''Alizée America'' is really blurred out and looks like a white-out spill. Other than than I think it's awesome!

Last edited by FireCanine; 12-01-2009 at 12:41 AM..
Old 12-01-2009, 12:56 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

thanks ben. im proudly wearing the shirt now, but a better version would be awesome too!