Old 10-24-2010, 10:25 PM
Alizée's Thug Life

severianb is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Paparazzis here would hide under her house just like they did in France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
What does this mean? I remember Alizée mentioning in one of the Mexican press conferences that there were people "beneath her house" trying to damage her, or something to that effect. I just never understood what she meant by that, could anyone shed light on this issue?
Yeah, the Mexico press conference: http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=116 (has subtitles)
That was the most unintentionally funny answers I've heard. Obviously nobody was under her house... probably she meant Paparazzi on the street. She was nice about it, but it really sounds to me like some of her Mexican fans were a bit.... psycho. The whole calling her house phone thing... creeeepy.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by severianb View Post
Yeah, the Mexico press conference: http://alizeeamerica.com/play/?v=116 (has subtitles)
That was the most unintentionally funny answers I've heard. Obviously nobody was under her house... probably she meant Paparazzi on the street. She was nice about it, but it really sounds to me like some of her Mexican fans were a bit.... psycho. The whole calling her house phone thing... creeeepy.
I'm pretty sure paparazzis hid under her house. I know there is another interview that says it.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I'm pretty sure paparazzis hid under her house. I know there is another interview that says it.
When did this happen?
Old 10-25-2010, 01:36 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
At the time she was in an apartment in Paris. The paparazzi were likely down on the street, essentially "under" where she lived.
Old 10-25-2010, 02:04 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
At the time she was in an apartment in Paris. The paparazzi were likely down on the street, essentially "under" where she lived.
Was there any reason in particular why they were stalking her? Or just because she was famous?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:37 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

I always tell someone I see about Alizée. This last one I did the same, Limelight, Im Not Twenty, Im Fed Up, LIB then he wanted to hear more, so I made him a promo and he just now told me on Sunday he listened to her over and over again, loves her, cant get enough!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:05 AM
On a hiatus break

Aayush is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobandSandy View Post
I always tell someone I see about Alizée. This last one I did the same, Limelight, Im Not Twenty, Im Fed Up, LIB then he wanted to hear more, so I made him a promo and he just now told me on Sunday he listened to her over and over again, loves her, cant get enough!!!
another lili fan you should suggest him to join the AAm forum too.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:01 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I hate this kind of question. Alizée has so many beautiful songs, it's so tough to put them in any kind of order of which ones are your favorites. But if I had to choose 3, Moi Lolita would be first.

After that, as people have mentioned, people in this country are kind of narrow minded when it comes to songs in foreign languages, so I'd have to choose at least 1 song in English and La Isla Bonita you would think would be the obvious choice, but I think something would be lost in the impression we're trying to make on someone new to her in the fact that it's not one of her own songs. This was the song of hers that I discovered her by, and I thought at the time, it's a beautiful rendition of the song, but does she have any good songs of her own? Boy did I ever find out.

So for an English song, I'd have to choose Amelie. It's a beautiful song. I think it's one of her English songs that had the best chance of becoming a hit in this country if it had been released as a single here.

Now trying to choose one more song is a truely hard task. I try not to let the visual effect of her performances sway my opinion by just listening to her audio files, but as many times as I've seen her performances, even if I close my eyes, I still see her image as if she were standing right in front of me.

So be that as it may, I think I'd have to choose ACC. Close behind would be JPVA and L'Alize.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:41 PM

babyblue558 is on a distinguished road

When I introduce someone for the first time I usually use either Moi... Lolita or J'ai Pas Vingt Ans depending on what I feel like. I think they're her two most instantly likeable songs.

Personally, I never use English songs to introduce people because I find most people just go "the lyrics mean nothing, she can't pronounce them etc etc"..... if I'm honest they do have a point - I'm not a massive fan of her english songs and I'll always pick french over english any day.

I've never had someone watch / listen to an Alizée song and totally dislike it - they're always either indifferent or adore it (by far most often the second ) which is a great thing and I honestly think that if she had a decent bit of promotion in the UK she could do very well indeed here (at least with the first 3 albums, the electropop won't go down as well I think)

Last edited by babyblue558; 10-27-2010 at 09:25 AM..
Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 PM
A Contre Courant...

Rictor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyblue558 View Post
I've never had someone watch / listen to an Alizée song and totally dislike it - they're always either indifferent or adore it (by far most often the second ) which is a great thing and I honestly think that if she had a decent bit of promotion in the UK she could do very well indeed here (at least with the first 3 albums, the electropop won't go down as well I think)
Ah...then you've been lucky! I'd have to agree with you on the "never had someone listen to an Alizée song and totally dislike it" part, but I have gotten quite a few laughs in my time. Yes, people have laughed at me for listening to her music. I think if I showed them videos instead of just playing the music, they wouldn't laugh because they would be too busy falling in love.

Visit my channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCikDcLKqMBQpkJ5gUANAX0Q

Tags
alizee, introduction, music, newbie