Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 03-13-2018, 01:32 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I've always liked her in that one. The song fit her voice well. Also, that was back in the days that her and Jennifer were still friends.
Old 03-13-2018, 07:29 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Thanks. I've always liked her in that one. The song fit her voice well. Also, that was back in the days that her and Jennifer were still friends.
I must have missed the details of the demise of their friendship. That is unfortunate.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:11 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

The break up of their friendship seemed to have something to do with an album Jenifer came out with. Here's a story I found on the subject with the translation. I guess it was an album of 'cover songs', (something I don't fully understand) of France Gall. I knew at the time Alizee was critical of her, but I didn't realize that as this article says, France Gall was critical of her too. But in my 11 years of following Alizee, I don't think I've ever seen her be critical of
anyone, except maybe was it her 7th grade English teacher? So this was a surprise to me anyways.

Jenifer has performed a number of times in Corsica. Wikipedia says this about her mother, "Her mother is part Corsican-Italian and part Belgian. She comes from a modest background. She participated in the Graines de star television broadcast in 1997, but this was a failure.".

Another article said these things about Jenifer.....
"She was born in Nice (just a ferry ride away from Corsica)........Jenifer's maternal grandmother initiated her in the art of Corsican polyphonic msic............In 1993, Jenifer got to support C. Jerome in concert when the latter performed at a Bastille day fireman's ball in Corsica. "
So I'm sure she's held a few concerts in Corsica and I know she's been in the Marie Do fund raising events ther so I think she too feels strongly about her Corsican ancestry.
By the way, Marie-Do is the name of an association that raises money for cancer research, it's victims and their families. It was formed in honor of Marie-Dominique Versini, an employee of Air Corsica who died of breast cancer at the age of 35.

http://www.gossip.fr/m-63177-jenifer...-reprises.html

Jenifer tackles Alizee.jpg

"JENIFER: TACKLED BY ALIZÉE ON HER COVER ALBUM!THIS ITEM HAS BEEN VIEWED 7 862 TIMES

Since the announcement of the release of her latest album composed only of covers, Jenifer has been heavily criticized, especially by the one to whom she wanted to pay tribute, France Gall. So that it does not wish to hear about the album "My statement " , Alizee has unfortunately not private to tackle the juror of The Voice on the subject!

Alizée, who has just reacted to the bad sales of her latest album "Blonde" , may not be the best person to criticize other people's albums, yet!

The pretty blonde did not hesitate to give his opinion on the album Jenifer, a tribute missed by France Gall . Indeed, during an interview, Alizée confided that it was really not a very good idea:

There are occasions in every direction. And the covers are good to have fun on stage, but a whole album, no. "

Moreover, after her victory in Danse avec les Stars , Alizée was also offered a cover album . She says:

The theme was not stopped, there were songs from the '80s and' 90s but it was not at all what I wanted to do.

While Jenifer had responded to France Gall's attacks with sadness , the young woman was still able to count on the support of Elodie Frégé but obviously not on that of Alizée. Indeed, during this same interview, the pretty blonde explained that for her a tribute did not go to a living person :

What disturbs me is that to make an album of covers in tribute to an artist still alive ... It bothers me a little ... "

Certainly, given all that poor Jenifer has taken in the figure compared to this covers album, no doubt she will never retest the experience!"

Here is a prank call Alizée made to Jenifer when she was on a radio show being interviewed;

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-13-2018 at 09:25 AM..
Old 03-13-2018, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Seems a little petty to me... but obviously not to them. Do you think Alizee was so critical on this because she idolized France Gall?

I like Jenifer, and it was obvious they had a close friendship. Hopefully one day they can reconcile.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 03-13-2018 at 11:42 AM..
Old 03-13-2018, 01:21 PM

I don't think so. I thought at first, it might be because Alizée had plans of doing something along the same lines and maybe Jenifer stole her idea, but now I think maybe it's because the album was too much France Gall and not enough Jenifer, if you know what I mean.
Old 03-13-2018, 04:01 PM

Yesterday I saw in chat a video I think Ray posted of an Alizée fan who did her best to do the JPVA dance and she did an okay job. She also did one of the JEAM or JAM or JEM dance or what ever you want to call it.

I really enjoyed them so I'm posting them here in case others missed them. I guess the videos were posted in 2015, but were actually filmed in 2014 from what it said on the Youtube page. So I made a comment on Youtube that I enjoyed her video and she responded with a heart, so she is still monitoring it so if you watch it and enjoy it, giver her a thumbs up.

The young lady's name is Stefany!

Here is what it says on her Youtube page: Published on Apr 9, 2015
Alizée fan since I was 13 years old, I knew Alizée the singer of the famous tube MOI LOLITA, 15 years ago and I continue to follow her, I loved more than all the dance and I had I want to learn her choreography to perfection, I did not arrive but I get closer to it, so I wanted to pay tribute to her career and make her more of the public she have not already, through me singing his songs and dancing.

I do not consider myself a look-alike because I do not really look exactly like her for a show.

Here is one of the videos to film during one of the shows in which I participated.
This video dates from last year, after having had a great deal of sight on my personal account fb, I was asked to publish it on youtube many times but I had not done it yet, it's done to present.

Tell me in comment if you like! Kisses and thank you for watching my video!

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-13-2018 at 04:29 PM..
Old 03-13-2018, 05:21 PM
Administrator

Stefany does a great job! It was a little humorous on the JPVA dance, since she has longer hair than Alizee, when she flips her hair from side to side, she has to end it off by taking her hand and flipping her hair back so it's not in her face. She does it like it's part of the dance move and you hardly notice it.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:36 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
Stefany does a great job!
I agree. I like her self-assembled outfits. Alizee would be proud
Old 03-14-2018, 03:58 AM
Miam Miam!

eru777 is on a distinguished road

Great finds, thanks for sharing.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:28 AM