View Poll Results: Should we change our twitter logo
Yes 12 70.59%
No 2 11.76%
Not sure 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-11-2012, 12:22 PM

Merci Alizée is on a distinguished road
Default AAm twitter logo

TDA suggested that we should change AAm twitter logo.

What other members think about this?
Old 03-11-2012, 03:33 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I never did like the logo. That's why when I went to the autograph session, I had my own made up.

Now maybe having the U.S. flag is misrepresentative of where many of our forum members are from, but I worry if we change it, that might lead Alizee to not recognize it. Besides, the U.S. flag is very color co-ordinated with the French flag and makes for a well balanced, picture wise logo.

I didn't like the torch or the yellow color in our logo. It should be something very pleasing to the eye and it's far from that. So I'm sure members here can come up with something better.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 03-11-2012 at 03:36 PM..
Old 03-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Take me to Lilly Town

Taxi Driver Aaron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I never did like the logo. That's why when I went to the autograph session, I had my own made up.

Now maybe having the U.S. flag is misrepresentative of where many of our forum members are from, but I worry if we change it, that might lead Alizee to not recognize it. Besides, the U.S. flag is very color co-ordinated with the French flag and makes for a well balanced, picture wise logo.

I didn't like the torch or the yellow color in our logo. It should be something very pleasing to the eye and it's far from that. So I'm sure members here can come up with something better.

Scruffy, I agree with you. The current logo that we have is an eye sore. Not to say that it was bad all along because I am sure it was good to begin with but I think, like many organizations, logos should be changed over time to conform to what is current and trendy. Yes we can do without the torch and the yellow, it is kind of meaningless, or if there is a meaning behind it then it is hard to decipher.

I disagree, however, that a logo change will confuse anyone, especially Alizée. And to say that changing a logo will confuse someone is kind of condescending to their intelligence (in my humble opinion). We should give Alizée and her fans more credit than that! Other Alizée organizations change their logos regularly and it has not phased any of us. We still recognize Alizée Italy, Alizée World, and that one organization that I can't think of right now... oh yes... Alizée France! Shoot, Alizée changes her Twitter icon almost on a weekly basis and we are still able to tell her apart from other twitter followers despite their matching logos! Even the Alizée imposter didn't stand a chance! So I know that we will still, definitely be recognized... provided that the new logo still has as strong indication of being from AAm.

To sandwich my disagreement with another agreement. I, too, agree that a new logo should have the American Flag in it, or at least a STRONG indication that the logo represents Alizée fans from America!

It is true that not all AAm fans are American's, however this organization represents the American fan base, therefore, I do not feel that a Strong American Insinuation in the logo is misleading to the location/type/heritage of its members. Let's face it, most of us are part of other fan pages too, for instance, I am on Alizée France, and I know that some people here are in the UK and Italy forums. Nobody is going to kick you out of their fan page because of where you're from... The beauty of the internet brings us together! I will proudly purchase and represent an Alizée France logo just as well; not turn it down because I'm not French... In any event, America is cultural melting pot... So technically, people of all nationalities can represent America anyway.

Edit... one of the positive aspects of changing the logo is that it may turn more heads and boost our member count! More people will be wondering what is going on with this American fan base that is going through these changes and they may snoop on over to check us out!

Last edited by Taxi Driver Aaron; 03-12-2012 at 12:45 AM..
Old 03-12-2012, 04:30 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
but I worry if we change it, that might lead Alizee to not recognize it.
This is the only reason I think we should keep it. But I got to thinking that if you guys create something with red, white, and blue, she'll easily recognize it as AlizeeAmerica, even though we have members all around the world.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:47 AM
For me... formidable

SpanishFan is on a distinguished road

Things i don't like:

It is a little bit plain
White background make it look even more plain
It looks outdated when you see it in Twitter in comparison with the rest of logos/avatars...

Things I like:

The composition: Flags to the sides, a figure in the middle and the signature at the bottom.
The simbolism of the flags. Simple but effective
I like the fact that there is something representative of New York in the logo since Alizée likes New York.(And the statue has french origins if i am not mistaken!)

I am not going to vote for yes or no, because I am undecided and at the moment there are not any new logo ideas to replace it. Hence my "not sure" vote.
But, as an idea for consideration, I want to say that with a few changes we could have a new logo based in the traditional one.
With a different background colour, or adding shadows or 3d effect to the flags so they have more "depth" and look more live, ondulating them instead of being "rigid" like the actuals...
Or even replacing the torch for another icon, or improving the actual one...
I don't know, i will vote for not sure and will leave the final decision to older members

Last edited by SpanishFan; 03-12-2012 at 11:57 AM..
Old 03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishFan View Post
I like the fact that there is something representative of New York in the logo since Alizée likes New York.(And the statue has french origins if i am not mistaken!)

I am not going to vote for yes or no, because I am undecided and at the moment there are not any new logo ideas to replace it. Hence my "not sure" vote.
I've got new logo ideas coming out my ears!!!!! I will post up some suggestions when I get home. You already hit one of my ideas on the head!!!! I love the NY statue of liberty French alliance symbolism as well. I think I know just how yo jazz it up! I also like the flags but think the current ones are too straight and plain...

I don't think the logo will entirely go away but it will morph into something current and trendy if it ever changes... but we'll see.

I will work on some suggestions when I get home. I am still at work right now. I encourage everyone to get involved and post up suggestions as well. The more suggestions we have the better as they may lead to ideas that make up the final product!

Old 03-12-2012, 08:03 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Post all the images you can TDA I wants to see since you do such good work
Old 03-12-2012, 10:57 PM

rj.bagby is on a distinguished road

I would give up my logo flag if you wanted to use it. It shows it's America and in the star field it shows there are many stars big and small, but only one stands out and it's Alizee with the old "A"
Old 03-12-2012, 11:35 PM
Take me to Lilly Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj.bagby View Post
I would give up my logo flag if you wanted to use it. It shows it's America and in the star field it shows there are many stars big and small, but only one stands out and it's Alizee with the old "A"
thanks RJ... one thing though, if it weren't for the stripes, I would have guessed it were an Australian Flag.

Old 03-13-2012, 12:04 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

If you want to incorporate the statue of liberty in there, you could do something as simple as coloring her robes to look like the French flag. Would be simple, and show both a. Symbol for America, and France.

Also keep Corsica in mind when coming up with ideas. Things like their flag, the island shape itself, stuff like that. If you are looking for something that well catch Lili's eye, and leave an impression with her, including her home would help with that quite a bit.