Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Promoting her new album in the U.S.

I've said before I'm not going to do any promotion for her and what I mainly meant by that is I won't do anything along the line of what I did with the radio ads or going someplace like the Boston Common and passing out sample cds. Most of you know why so I wont bother explaining, but there is still some promoting that I'd still would like to do that might be time consuming, but will cost little otherwise to do.

Now promoting this new album in this country I think will be a difficult if not impossible thing to do, because I believe there will be few lines if any in English on it and I think most of us who have tried promoting her French songs in this country found it's almost impossible to do. Well that is almost impossible to English speaking people, so I hope to do some promoting to French speaking people in this country.

The first thing I need though is for the album to be successful in France. If it doesn't do well there, it doesn't really stand a chance here.

The best timing will be right after the album comes out and hopefully a song or two will be high on the charts.

I think one of my biggest handicaps in trying to promote her is the songs in the past is the ones I tried to promote had come out years earlier.

I know there is a station in Boston that plays some French music on certain mornings that I can target. A couple of years back there was a station in San Francisco that I got in touch with by e-mail. A woman I communicated with was actually interested in setting up a possible interview with Alizee over the air. Unfortunately the timing wasn't good. Her album wasn't doing well and I had no idea how to get in touch with Alizee, but I want to be ready this time. I want to have my ducks in a row when the time comes, have the stations lined up with all the contact info I will need; mabe making a promotional dvd for the occassion, but like I said, the album has to be well received in France for this to have any success.

I'm hoping we might be able to target the French speaking parts of Canada too.

So I'd like to know if others think this is worth the effort or not?

I'm also working on anothe video that I do for my, as well as other peoples enjoyment that I hope will help promote "her" as opposed to the album. It will be different I think from anything anyone else has done. I had an idea for something and I put a few clips together and I'm highly pleased with the results so far, but timing is critical, so I hope to finish it within a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-27-2012 at 01:53 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 02:25 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

I'm all for it. I've recently been editing quite a few videos of my own on Sony Vegas Pro 12 so I'm willing to whip up a promotional DVD if need be. Maybe we can even go on a french-music radio station hunt and send them promo DVDs and CDs leading up to the release of ACDLA. Who knows, maybe Alizee might do a phone interview with one of the stations! She has done many before, I don't know why it would hurt if she did one for a US station
Old 12-27-2012, 02:25 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Is there any French language groups in the area. I ran across this one here in Pittsburgh Meet Up/French Lessons. So far I haven't attempted to contact them until I get some time into my Rosetta Stone (after the 1st) and get a little understanding of the language before joining the group and trying to improve my conversation skills. After your report on Corsica I don't want to hit the ground there as a clueless American when it comes to my French language skills.

Scruffydog, I'd bet there are groups like this in the larger cities all over the country.

Do we have any members from the Canadian Province of Quebec on the board? There has to be more than a few French language radio stations in the area.

Last edited by ALS; 12-27-2012 at 02:39 PM..
Old 12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

There is also at least one channel on Sirius/XM that is in French, I suppose directed at Quebec. Before my subscription lapsed I gave it a listen but I never heard her on it.

ALS's idea sounds like a good one. A captive group of folks learning French could be a great audience for Alizée songs. I have planned to start learning French and so far just by listening to the songs I've been able to separate many of the words when I hear French spoken. Not much understanding though... And I've read that Alizée sings with very good pronunciation.

The biggest challenge will be getting anyone who becomes interested in Alizée to actually go through the hassle of purchasing her material instead of just watching YouTube. Not much support without sales....
Old 12-28-2012, 02:30 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I'm hoping we might be able to target the French speaking parts of Canada too.
I think if the album does well in France, it'll take care of itself in Canada as well, specifically in Quebec where most people speak French.

Isabelle Boulay had considerable success in Quebec. And, just this week, Jenifer Bartoli performed on a tv show in Quebec.

But of course, a little help from us as well as her fans in Canda will go a long way.

As far as promoting her here in the US: After seeing Alizee become famous in Mexico or that Korean guy named Psy become famous here in the US (and around the world) - I say, nothing is impossible.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:24 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
I think if the album does well in France, it'll take care of itself in Canada as well, specifically in Quebec where most people speak French.

Isabelle Boulay had considerable success in Quebec. And, just this week, Jenifer Bartoli performed on a tv show in Quebec.

But of course, a little help from us as well as her fans in Canda will go a long way.

As far as promoting her here in the US: After seeing Alizee become famous in Mexico or that Korean guy named Psy become famous here in the US (and around the world) - I say, nothing is impossible.
I've heard and I could very well be wrong, that there is a lot of animosity between the Canadian French and the French of France, so what sells in France, wont necessarily sell in Canada, so until I hear different from someone who lives or lived there, I'll treat them as people who may never get to hear her album or at least not in a timely manner which would be most condusive to promoting her (Wow............2 big words in one paragraph..........that has to be a first!).

Either way, as you pointed out, a little extra promotion, wont hurt.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Perfect time for us to promote her. Americans now have easy access to her through Amazon, iTunes, and Spotify.

We could easily go pamphlet dropping in several cities, especially with me living in MusicCity USA
Old 03-26-2013, 02:42 PM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I've heard and I could very well be wrong, that there is a lot of animosity between the Canadian French and the French of France, so what sells in France, wont necessarily sell in Canada,
This is the sad truth... I don't think any Canadian tv show have ever invited her , and even Mylène Farmer who's half canadian has only performed a handful of times there....

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 03-28-2013, 04:28 PM

Melle Katherine is on a distinguished road

Maybe I'm posting into a wrong place, but I don't know where to write this.
Does anyone know anything about Hungary? I mean, will it be released here or will she have a bigger tour? For example in the USA, in Europe? Not just Mexico and Russia.

Old 04-10-2013, 09:50 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melle Katherine View Post
Maybe I'm posting into a wrong place, but I don't know where to write this.
Does anyone know anything about Hungary? I mean, will it be released here or will she have a bigger tour? For example in the USA, in Europe? Not just Mexico and Russia.
Sorry MK, I can't tell you but I'm sure there are some members that are 'in-the-know'.