Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 01-10-2016, 03:40 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

I have a feeling part three will be even more special.
Old 01-10-2016, 04:44 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

When I'm done, I will probably put all three together. I wont be able to upload that to Youtube, but I will share it through Google Drive or DC hub. I will probably trim it down some and I will probably embed the subtitles. I didn't like the bird song and I feel I would leave something like that out unless others feel differently.
Old 01-12-2016, 01:08 AM

Working on the final part and getting close. I hope to finish tomorrow. Again a time consuming part is trying to come up with good, accurate, translations of the songs or at least the better songs. Christophe Willem sang a very good rendition of Idealiser. I looked at several translations and I didn't think any of them did a very good job so I put a lot of effort into translating it. One difficutly I ran into is there are two lines one after another;
Ce qui blesse et qu'on laisse
dernier soi.

This is how a couple of different sites list the lryics, but after a lot of research, I finally figured out that 3 words from 2 different lines actually need to go together to get the right definition "laisse dernier soi".

I do think I came up with a good interrpretation and I'll post it here because this is the song that it was rumored was a dig towards Mylene Farmer and looking at these lyrics you can kind of see why, someone with a vivid imagination, might come up with that. But I did a little research on the song and the writer said it was about a woman he knew back in the 80s who was going through some tough times and eventually commited suicide.
She is alone on the floor
Flowing in alcohol
The veneer is cracking
Under the idol
Powdered faces
Dressed in silk
That which hurts and that we leave behind
It's not a parade
of all nighters
Snow white exhibited
to the archangels
It's snowing in downtown
Late seventies
Time is of the autumn
Unsurprisingly
Idealize
a broken past
not realizing
he is no longer there
Idealize
Beautify oneself
Back stage
plan to go away and not return
The leap into the dark
The small club-kid
does not love the day
Idealize
Just suppose
She dared everything
and to him asked
One last kiss

I will shortly after I'm done post the songs seperately with the English captions

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-12-2016 at 01:11 AM..
Old 01-12-2016, 10:32 AM

Having verified my account with Youtube, that allowed me to up my limits on how long a video I could post, thinking the new limit was 20, but I guess the new limit, is acually the size of the file. So it looks like I could've done this all in one post, but if I had to put together a 50 minute video, it would probably never get done, at least not with the amount of detail of what I'm trying to put into this. I think it will work out better this way.

I had made that post last night with the Idealiser lyrics around 1 am. I was tired at the time and as I said, I put a lot into it and think I got it very close to what was intended. As I said, the writer said he wrote this song about a woman who went through tough times, then commited suicide and those how I tried to interpret it with little to go on really and I said only someone with a vivid imagination could think this was directed at MF.

This morning, after a good nights sleep, I decided to proof read it, especially the lyrics and it was like getting hit right between the eyes. I thought how could someone not think this was about MF.

The veneer is cracking
Under the idol

Of course idol would be MF and I think the verneer is cracking refered to Jeremy telling her about the deeper meanings of the song, so Alizee did not look upon Mylene in the same terms she did before.

That which hurts and we leave behind.

She was leaving MF behind and no matter what the reason, I'm sure it hurt.\

Snow white exhibited
to the archangels

Though she didn't have it at the time, Alizee has a tattoo of Snow White on her arm now, showing it was an important chacacter to her. Of course MF revealed Snow White (Alizee) to the archangels but here archangels just referred to the masses.

plan to go away and not return

Alizee left and had no plans of returning

The small club-kid
does not love the day

Alizee, the small-club kid was not happy with her career at that point

and to him asked
One last kiss

I think this should have been to "her" asked referring to one last kiss. Supposedly they left on good terms and this last kiss would have been a kiss on both cheeks as the French so often do on meeting or departing with a close friend.

The line referring to the late 70s seems to have nothing to do with MF or Zee.

As far as the line about alcohol; I have no idea if MF drinks or not but it's possible this line too has nothing to do with Mylene.

The snow in downtown seems to have no connection to either one

Maybe this song wasn't about MF, but it's very easy to see why a lot of people may have felt it was and probably the only way to disprove that would be if the writer had maybe posted at some point who this woman was he said he wrote the song about. Maybe it's out there?

Now I have to try and come up with a good interpretation for Seulement pour te plaire which Tina Arena sang and which will turn into another translation.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-12-2016 at 11:01 AM..
Old 01-12-2016, 09:22 PM

Part 3 is ready. I still have to check it to make sure everything uploaded okay, but I anticipate no major problems so here it is.

Edit:

I did notice a mistake in the song Seulement pour te Plaire which I believe I corrected. I also noticed a couple of small spelling mistakes that I'm not worried about. I'll triple check it tomorrow.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-12-2016 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 01-13-2016, 10:58 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Wow! I am REALLY glad you captioned these. Alizée talks about herself more here than anywhere else, at least recently. Part 3 is especially good.

Thanks very much Scruffy.
Old 01-14-2016, 02:32 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Wow! Scruffy! This video is so excellent. I don't know what to say. The miracle that she planned to enter the amateur contest as a dancer--what a disaster that would have been, she might never have been discovered--and then her friend signed her to sing, and thank god, she agreed to do it. What a critical moment in all of our lives!
Old 01-14-2016, 09:49 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Thank you so much Scruffy for putting these captioned videos together for us.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Wow! Scruffy! This video is so excellent. I don't know what to say. The miracle that she planned to enter the amateur contest as a dancer--what a disaster that would have been, she might never have been discovered--and then her friend signed her to sing, and thank god, she agreed to do it. What a critical moment in all of our lives!
Plus you add the fact Mylene was just channel surfing when she saw her on tv. Those were such huge strokes of luck, for her and for us.
Old 01-14-2016, 04:41 PM

I separated the Sans Bruit song and uploaded it at a high res with captions. There are similar videos out, but not with English captions. I tweaked the lyrics after doing a lot more research on French phrases. I'll do the same with some other songs including songs of her sung by others. Might as well post them here because they're all from SAGA.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 01-14-2016 at 04:44 PM..