Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 09-14-2009, 09:38 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road
Question Quick Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Gasp. Everyone, I'm verklempt. So moved by all this poetry. This is getting to be truly Shakespearean.

But not Promethean! Me and all of us will do our bests to enfold as many of these sediments as possible.

As soon as possible, too!

Mentioning this again - e-mail in a signature, if you'd like it on there (otherwise it'll just have your normal, online names ) see post # 101 for more particulars.
I know it seems like a stupid question, but how big should the signature be? I dont want mine to look like an ant or a huge fancy showoff one (John Hancock did that i think, idk) Plus, if theres room, id like to be able to write a really short message there with my signature. Dont worry lol, just a couple of words, not sentences.
Old 09-14-2009, 09:44 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

hey chuck, i have no scanner or anything.. so if i was to take a picture of it via my cell phone, and send that to you, could you work with it? it seems like an awful lot of work over a simple signature, but if its going to Alizee, itd mean a lot to me!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:45 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
hey chuck, i have no scanner or anything.. so if i was to take a picture of it via my cell phone, and send that to you, could you work with it? it seems like an awful lot of work over a simple signature, but if its going to Alizee, itd mean a lot to me!
maybe he'd allow you to send it to him in the mail and he'd scan it

Old 09-14-2009, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
maybe he'd allow you to send it to him in the mail and he'd scan it
heck, if that's what you prefer chuck, i can do that too!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:50 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

If that's the way you want to go, why not start an online petition?
I've got no idea how to do that but there are plenty of them about so i presume it would be pretty simple for someone with the technical know how?
Old 09-14-2009, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
I've got no idea how to do that but there are plenty of them about so i presume it would be pretty simple for someone with the technical know how?
well, it's different than that. i dont' just want my name or anything, i want my actual signature. like, the one thats on my debit card and drivers license.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
good suggestion, i think that should be part of the letter we send to her label/company/representatives or whatever, but not to Alizée herself because it wouldnt have as much impact. Have we decided on that, whether to split the project in two? A more formal, letter with all our signatures as a petition to the company (appealing to their pockets and wallets), and a more heartfelt and loving one to Alizée? (to motivate her to come here) Idk, just throwing it out there.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:21 PM
amateur phlebotomist

Chuck is on a distinguished road
Wink Sending in Signatures...Size specs, Where to send 'em.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I know it seems like a stupid question, but how big should the signature be? I dont want mine to look like an ant or a huge fancy showoff one (John Hancock did that i think, idk) Plus, if theres room, id like to be able to write a really short message there with my signature. Dont worry lol, just a couple of words, not sentences.
Whew! Another excellent point, this size question. I would certainly want everyone's name to look reasonably equal in size and impressiveness.

That much being said, then HOW'S THIS SOUND for specs:

If possible, make your image somewhere close to 150k - 300k pixels .

To clarify that, I mean 2 to 3 square inches of area (1" x 2" -> 1" x 3", or about 1-1/2" round) at 300 dpi resolution.
Or, that's 4 to 8 square inches of total area if you're scanning at 200 dpi.
Just MULTIPLY YOUR IMAGE'S HEIGHT X WIDTH X DOTS-PER-INCH to count how many pixels it will have.

Or, if you're looking at the "properties" of your image on a computer, it's just height (in pixels) X width (in pixels).

If the resulting number is between 150,000 and 300,000, you've hit the target!

If it's not, however, don't worry, I'll deal!

That E-address again: bongovideo@tds.net .

Going Postal:
Jungster, why you an' Barrett an' 'Sabi gotta keep thinkin' up more work f'me? I joke agen.
No, traditional mail will be fine too - if someone wants to snail-mail me something, and have me scan it, yeah, great! It'd be an honor, but for safety's sake*, I'm not just posting the address. So PM me that you want an address to mail to, and I'll PM one back to ya!

{*safety - i.e. not being harmed by spouse. }

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
good suggestion, i think that should be part of the letter we send to her label/company/representatives or whatever, but not to Alizée herself because it wouldnt have as much impact. Have we decided on that, whether to split the project in two? A more formal, letter with all our signatures as a petition to the company (appealing to their pockets and wallets), and a more heartfelt and loving one to Alizée? (to motivate her to come here) Idk, just throwing it out there.

Junkmale and Fall06, this online petition sounds like a wonderful idea!

So go right ahead! It's not my idea, and I'm already getting pretty busy here. ('Not complaining, though!)

But also I just can't do that.

Say, some of the other forums have online polls right there on the forum! Let's ask Ben if we can get one of those!

Last edited by Chuck; 09-14-2009 at 11:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Write your signature what feels best to you. Don't write your signature like me where it's a bunch of random scribbles that nobody else can recreate, actually make it readable.

To those who have no scanners, just write your signature the best you can on GIMP, Photoshop, MS Paint, whatever.
Or if you'd rather just use your real signature, take a picture.
Whatever's welfare will work willingly, whatever works, we can work it.
Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Write your signature what feels best to you. Don't write your signature like me where it's a bunch of random scribbles that nobody else can recreate, actually make it readable.

mines pretty straight foward.. it's a messy cursive version of "Tommy" followed by my last name as a chinese symbol.

tis pretty neeto.

Tags
fan, french connection letter, mail