Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 12-29-2008, 01:55 AM
Alizée's FireFighter

Youpidou1 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
One time? Sir, again let me stress...Disque has been doing his thing, regularly, since July. From what I can tell, he's dropped in the neighborhood of five or six hundred discs over the past several months...possibly more, since he apparently often does "incidental drops" of a dozen or so here and there that he doesn't even bother to mention on his blog.

Despite all that, he's had maybe one or two people who have bothered to comment on his blog that they even found a disc, much less that they've given it a spin and become an Alizée fan in the process. This is not a such a great return on investment. I suspect even Disque would admit that much.

See, the problem with this sentence here is the word "force". How likely would you be to embrace something that was "forced" on you?
Ok he drops 600 disc's, he's only one person. I want to see EVERYONE getting out there to promote her. Him and operation LTNY are really the only promotional events that happen(or so I hear). I call my local radio station Z100(at least once a week) and tell them to play Alizée and when they say they don't have it I offered to send them a copy but they rather put me on hold for an eternity.

I worded that last part wrong, we don't want to force it upon them. But we should encourage it alot. Just to the point where you will say alright these guys annoyed me so much now whats the fuss about this Alizée girl. Then when they find out what she is about they will fall in love like everyone else does.

All you need is 1 Truck.

Last edited by Youpidou1; 12-29-2008 at 01:58 AM..
Old 12-29-2008, 02:02 AM
Pronounced "I'm Rahj" ;)

ImRawdg is on a distinguished road

I picture myself in the shoes of the two people I showed Alizee to. They were not interested, even if they pretended to be. It seems a lot of people here at this forum came across her themselves, accidentally. That's where the charm is. I almost guarantee that if someone had actually showed her to me, I would have consciously dodged it, but that's just how I think.
Old 12-29-2008, 06:25 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Millions of people have seen the videos posted on YouTube.

I wonder what would happen if a really good video of her had a web site listed that had a place for them to indiacate if they would like for her to come to the USA and perform? And perhaps a place to indicate where (NY, CA, etc.).

I wonder what type of response the site would get?

If, for example, 100,000 responded, would this give her food for thought?
Old 12-29-2008, 08:26 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youpidou1 View Post
So say Alizée does go touring with Yelle, the few fans that she has in America will be depleted after the first few concerts because she isn't well known. Then what, she performs at Yelles concerts and she knows that she has not to many fans watching her, then she can only hope that this works. I mean people have different views on there music.
yes I know that, but I have seen many a Yelle fans that like Alizée when shown and many Alizée fans who like Yelle

then there are ones who are so biased that won't even watch or listen to the song I present

as far as her fans being depleted I think the opposite they will grow in strength

Quote:
Yelle is already known here and putting Alizée at that level to start out is just plain wrong, it will be very stressful for her. Now do we want that? I mean what happened to starting out small and working your way up. Going with Yelle is starting at the top and hoping for the best.
you see now you are both giving Yelle too much credit and saying that it is bad for someone smaller to tour with a bigger band

first off Yelle has had one tour in the US although it was very successful her biggest concert had 4000 people which in itself isn't bad for a foreign language band

second a lot of smaller bands need a little exposure from someone who is already more popular right? not saying it has to be Yelle but she almost needs someone with a little momentum to help out

Quote:
Are we even sure Yelle would allow Alizée to tour with her?
I can't say

all I will say is everything is in Alizée's hands

Old 12-29-2008, 02:58 PM
he eats the fish

i_luv_alizee is on a distinguished road

In order for anything to happen in America, she needs to be signed to an American record label. Only then can anything else hope to happen... As for the disque drop, or whatever it's called, of course us fans can do stuff like that. Or tell people about her at websites or whatever. It's something... But how much will that really help??? Not much. If she's going to succeed in a market like America, or even have a chance, she needs to have major backing from a label. Until that happens everything else is moot.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:03 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Ok he drops 600 disc's, he's only one person. I want to see EVERYONE getting out there to promote her. Him and operation LTNY are really the only promotional events that happen(or so I hear).
Don´t forget Amigo´s LTSF , and some other guys who have dropped some cds, as Lefty has done, right?

Well, I just wanted to say that, though we are her fans and we, of course, should support and promote her, we are NOT her promotion team! or whoever she hires for promoting her. Of course it should be our dutty to promote Alizee, actually many of us (well, many of you ´coz unfortunately I have not done anything to promote her but to write on several desks in my school "visit alizeeamerica.com" ) have promoted her, and as I already said, we should do that, because we want her to succes here and to bring more people, but she is supposed to have someone to do it! It feels good, but we are not supposed to do everything! At least a little bit more of effort from their/her part would help (Im not saying that she/they doesnt make an effort). What I want to point out is that her promotion team should do more or make a bigger effort for promoting her, and I hope they will get the courage and desire for promoting her in an organized and official way here.

Quote:
I worded that last part wrong, we don't want to force it upon them. But we should encourage it alot.
Well, I don´t think that forcing them to listen or like Alizee would really work. Just like somebody said some post above, try to picture yourself in the shoes of the other people. If they dont like, they don´t like it! When someone is trying to encourage me to listen to some music, and if I don´t like it, Im not listening to it!, because I didn´t find it interesting the first time and it didn´t attract me so Im not interested on it. Here is when a hit is needed as OGRE said.

Quote:
Just to the point where you will say alright these guys annoyed me so much now whats the fuss about this Alizée girl. Then when they find out what she is about they will fall in love like everyone else does.
Or maybe it could work . I didn´t use to like/listen METAL, but I see Barrett and P. or Jung talking about it, to the point that Im like "whats the fuss about all this". Then maybe I get interested on it, (though maybe I didn´t like it at the beginning), because I see other people talking about it and I get used .

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
all I will say is everything is in Alizée's hands
Amén .

Last edited by edgar93; 12-29-2008 at 04:19 PM..
Old 12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgar93 View Post

Or maybe it could work . I didn´t use to like/listen some kind of rock, but I see Barrett and P. or Jung talking about it, to the point that Im like "whats the fuss about all this". Then maybe I get interested on it, (though maybe I didn´t like it at the beginning), because I see other people talking about it and I get used .
The proper term for our music is not rock, it isn't mineral, it isn't iron.
It is strictly METAL
Old 12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
A-Team

edgar93 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
The proper term for our music is not rock, it isn't mineral, it isn't iron.
It is strictly METAL
Ok, now it is corrected
Old 12-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Blacksmith/knifemaker

woohoo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
and why not?

are you afraid of who will open?
A duet would solve that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I don’t know, maybe you could have a French Pop Diva Tour. Get Alizée, Yelle, Natasha St. Pier and a few more together. Possible other candidates could be Jenifer, Lorie, Nolwenn Leroy and Amel Bent. Each could perform 3 or 4 songs of their own and then do a few songs together. They could also perform some English standards. Like a mini Les Enfoirés.

They could even film a concert in France and get it shown on PBS, just like they did with “Riverdance” or “Celtic Woman”. Then follow that up with a US tour. It might be easier to promote something like that.

OK, I admit it. I’ve probably gone off the deep end...
I would Watch a Alizee/Yelle/Lorie concert. It would be as cool as ninjas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_luv_alizee View Post
In order for anything to happen in America, she needs to be signed to an American record label. Only then can anything else hope to happen... As for the disque drop, or whatever it's called, of course us fans can do stuff like that. Or tell people about her at websites or whatever. It's something... But how much will that really help??? Not much. If she's going to succeed in a market like America, or even have a chance, she needs to have major backing from a label. Until that happens everything else is moot.
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Yelle was singed to An American label when she toured here or any other labels of countries she preformed in so labels shouldn't be a Problem for Alizee. Also the disk drop hasn't been to successful to my knowledge so if Alizee tours with Yelle, or any other foriegn artist for that matter, in America she will become known faster and more wide spread than any efforts we have been trying.

http://www.youtube.com/user/nickwoo2
Old 12-29-2008, 05:57 PM
he eats the fish

i_luv_alizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
Correct me if I am wrong but I don't believe Yelle was singed to An American label when she toured here or any other labels of countries she preformed in so labels shouldn't be a Problem for Alizee. Also the disk drop hasn't been to successful to my knowledge so if Alizee tours with Yelle, or any other foriegn artist for that matter, in America she will become known faster and more wide spread than any efforts we have been trying.
I was just at Amazon (US) and apparently Yelle's album was released here in America back in April. So that would mean that she does have a record deal. As for when she actually toured here, I don't know when that was. Maybe she toured before she signed to a label? I don't know. But she's obviously signed to one now.

Tags
aam project, alizee, america, canada, promotion, tour