Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2012, 01:51 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default Promoting her new album in the U.S.

I've said before I'm not going to do any promotion for her and what I mainly meant by that is I won't do anything along the line of what I did with the radio ads or going someplace like the Boston Common and passing out sample cds. Most of you know why so I wont bother explaining, but there is still some promoting that I'd still would like to do that might be time consuming, but will cost little otherwise to do.

Now promoting this new album in this country I think will be a difficult if not impossible thing to do, because I believe there will be few lines if any in English on it and I think most of us who have tried promoting her French songs in this country found it's almost impossible to do. Well that is almost impossible to English speaking people, so I hope to do some promoting to French speaking people in this country.

The first thing I need though is for the album to be successful in France. If it doesn't do well there, it doesn't really stand a chance here.

The best timing will be right after the album comes out and hopefully a song or two will be high on the charts.

I think one of my biggest handicaps in trying to promote her is the songs in the past is the ones I tried to promote had come out years earlier.

I know there is a station in Boston that plays some French music on certain mornings that I can target. A couple of years back there was a station in San Francisco that I got in touch with by e-mail. A woman I communicated with was actually interested in setting up a possible interview with Alizee over the air. Unfortunately the timing wasn't good. Her album wasn't doing well and I had no idea how to get in touch with Alizee, but I want to be ready this time. I want to have my ducks in a row when the time comes, have the stations lined up with all the contact info I will need; mabe making a promotional dvd for the occassion, but like I said, the album has to be well received in France for this to have any success.

I'm hoping we might be able to target the French speaking parts of Canada too.

So I'd like to know if others think this is worth the effort or not?

I'm also working on anothe video that I do for my, as well as other peoples enjoyment that I hope will help promote "her" as opposed to the album. It will be different I think from anything anyone else has done. I had an idea for something and I put a few clips together and I'm highly pleased with the results so far, but timing is critical, so I hope to finish it within a couple of weeks.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 12-27-2012 at 01:53 PM..