Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-14-2013, 07:31 AM
#Lilibugged #Alizéen #Hashtag

melovelily is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkmale View Post
Interesting point FRA.
I wonder had there been an Internet in the time of The Beatles or say Elvis's heyday what the outcome would have been?
It just seems so sad to me that the art of actual intelligent debate seems to be dying somewhat. Social Media seems to be playing a part in that i think.
Ah reminds me of this

http://planetivy.com/news/19748/cut-...justin-bieber/

Old 03-14-2013, 12:07 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Interesting point FRA.
I wonder had there been an Internet in the time of The Beatles or say Elvis's heyday what the outcome would have been?
It just seems so sad to me that the art of actual intelligent debate seems to be dying somewhat. Social Media seems to be playing a part in that i think.
Yup it is very sad. Though I dont think people are any less intelligent today ... there just seems to be no encouragement to think anymore. I dont know who is to blame, these reality shows, celebrities, social media, etc!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 03-15-2013, 07:39 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Recently i've become increasingly depressed by certain elements of fandom in general but in some of Alizee's fans in particular.
I speak mainly of her Official Facebook page.
All she has has to do is post a picture of her shoes and within minutes there are dozens of ridiculous comments along the likes of 'I love you'...'You are beautiful' silly 'Heart' smilies and there equivalents (usually in Spanish).

It happens here from time to time too but, thankfully, not as frequently. It's really beginning to grind me down.
You are wrong on this one. If anything, the critical things we write here about Alizee should depress you.

There was a time when Alizee didn't share ANYTHING with her fans! It was like pulling teeth to find a pic of Alizee out in public. Her Facebook had about 5,000 followers because she'd post maybe once a year, and it was most likely an advertisement about her store. Now, Alizee is finally giving her fans what they wanted all along - intimate, personal pictures instead of ones by the paparazzi where she's dodging cameras. And you still find a way to criticize her.

Enjoy it while it lasts because it can end any minute. Thank her, appreciate her, and let her know. I don't care for her pictures of clothes or candies (she went through a period where she let us know she had chocolate and sweets on her mind), but for every one of those pics, there's a beautiful shot of her in her private life. They remind me why I love her so much. She's just a beautiful human being (sans the tattoos) inside and out, and it shows.

I wish every one of her 556,000 Facebook fans would tell her how much we appreciate her and her pics. Meanwhile, everyone here is judgmental of her (me included) and criticize every move that she makes. I've actually stayed away here for awhile and just viewed her Facebook page and Instagram pics to keep up with her. It felt good that I wasn't picking her apart like we do here. I am loving her more every day.
Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

@Joe

Where did i criticise her?
I criticise the dozens upon dozens of complete idiots who have nothing better to say than 'I love you'....You are beautiful'...etc.
If she posts a picture of a pair of shoes then it's easy to say 'Like the shoes'....'Shoes rock' etc etc.
That's not difficult is it? At least the comment would have some relevance to the actual picture (or message) that she posted.
Obviously, i don't know how she feels but i'd be willing to place a bet that she is sick, sore and tired of reading the same old rubbish day after day after day.

Now if i was to personally criticise her it would be way to easy to say 'Hey Alizee...10 days to the album release! Nice to see that you are making a complete mess of the promotion for it'
But then that was expected...

Last edited by Junkmale; 03-15-2013 at 01:09 PM..
Old 03-16-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
@Joe

Where did i criticise her?
I criticise the dozens upon dozens of complete idiots who have nothing better to say than 'I love you'....You are beautiful'...etc.
If she posts a picture of a pair of shoes then it's easy to say 'Like the shoes'....'Shoes rock' etc etc.
That's not difficult is it? At least the comment would have some relevance to the actual picture (or message) that she posted.
Obviously, i don't know how she feels but i'd be willing to place a bet that she is sick, sore and tired of reading the same old rubbish day after day after day.

Now if i was to personally criticise her it would be way to easy to say 'Hey Alizee...10 days to the album release! Nice to see that you are making a complete mess of the promotion for it'
But then that was expected...
I'm not pointing fingers at you. I just want you to understand why people post "shallow comments". I'm sorry, but when I am just looking at Alizee's pic for the day, I'm not looking for something insightful to say. I don't have a well-thought out commentary. The first thought that comes into my head is "Alizee is beautiful." When I see her pic of shoes, I think "Alizee is beautiful". It's Facebook/Instagram, not a review site. People are most likely typing from their cell phones.

It's actually quite nice to just see a picture from her and know it will brighten your day. Honestly, it took a week before I stopped critiquing her pics and just sat back to appreciate them. Who knows if Alizee disappears for years again after this album, so be grateful that she's sharing with us now.
Old 03-16-2013, 02:34 AM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
Who knows if Alizee disappears for years again after this album, so be grateful that she's sharing with us now.
This, has me very worried. Despite the articles and other promotion that call this her grand retour or something along those lines, I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong. Anyway I think this is still a possibility and those last lines in Dans Mon Sac I believe it was, certainly don't help.

I can't imagine not being able to look forward to another album for a longer span than the already lengthy time between Psych - UEDS - 5, let alone the big break after MCE.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
This, has me very worried. Despite the articles and other promotion that call this her grand retour or something along those lines, I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong. Anyway I think this is still a possibility and those last lines in Dans Mon Sac I believe it was, certainly don't help.

I can't imagine not being able to look forward to another album for a longer span than the already lengthy time between Psych - UEDS - 5, let alone the big break after MCE.
Scruffy has been warning us for years about the possibility of this being Alizee's last CD depending on its success. I'm sure Alizee's posts on Facebook and Twitter are fun and therapeutic for her, but it's mostly for promotion and marketing of her CD. If CD sales are lackluster, Alizee may go back to being just a full-time mom. No more pics. No more updates. For us...Alizee withdrawal...followed by madness.
Old 03-16-2013, 07:48 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong. Anyway I think this is still a possibility and those last lines in Dans Mon Sac I believe it was, certainly don't help.
Spelled it right

Well, as Lili repeatedly said, she's always wanted to try making her first steps in front of the camera , so even though I'm afraid this album might very well be her last one, or at least the last before many more years, I doubt she'll ever step out of the spotlight. Alizée international actress how cool would that be!

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 03-16-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Spelled it right

Well, as Lili repeatedly said, she's always wanted to try making her first steps in front of the camera , so even though I'm afraid this album might very well be her last one, or at least the last before many more years, I doubt she'll ever step out of the spotlight. Alizée international actress how cool would that be!
Alizee should've been a Bond girl, although thankfully, not the one in Skyfall. She's 5'3 and Craig is 5'10. And Alizee looks great in high heels. I think people around the world already know and recognize her as a sex symbol. I actually hope she takes some acting classes and pursues a movie career. No money in music anymore.
Old 03-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
For us...Alizee withdrawal...followed by madness.
Indeed, brotha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
Spelled it right
Thanks for the spellcheck