Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 06-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacotey View Post
Ditto

First Donovan and now Ribery? Who's next?
Old 06-07-2014, 10:19 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fall06 View Post
Who's next?
Now it's Reus!

Quote:
Marco Reus has been ruled out of the World Cup after suffering an ankle injury in Germany's 6-1 friendly win over Armenia.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/27745664
Old 06-09-2014, 11:09 AM
HipHopHead

Jacotey is on a distinguished road

Well, it looks like it's not so bad without Ribéry France just crushed Jamaica, 8-0
Old 06-09-2014, 12:45 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
Well, it looks like it's not so bad without Ribéry France just crushed Jamaica, 8-0
They'll certainly need that confidence going in. Doing well on day one is important
Old 06-12-2014, 11:59 PM
Against The Current

It's finally here!!

I was concerned that Brazil might actually lose the first game a couple of hours before it started Nothing against Croatia, it's just that I support Brazil The inauguration ceremony was a bit weird, but I liked it up until Pitbull and Jennifer Lopez showed up, I really can't stand them. Idk who the third girl was. Anyway, like I said on the chatbox the referee did give Brazil a little push forward here and there, but that happens all the time in football. CoughChampionsLeagueFinalrefpulling5minextratimeou thisasscough
Old 06-13-2014, 09:03 AM
HipHopHead

Quote:
CoughChampionsLeagueFinalrefpulling5minextratimeou thisasscough
http://playtheadvantage.com/2014/05/...-league-final/
It's all Atletico fault. And Ramos scored a goal in 90+3. End of story

Yesterday's match? What a shame. I'm very afraid that we gonna get another 'Korea & Japan 2002'. The biggest scandal in the history of football. I know that FIFA wants to prevent suicides, but not at the expense of others.

So why I don't like the Brazil team? Because of that hype. It's everywhere. Even in Polish TV. Neymar is treated like the God of Football, but his season in Barcelona was just... not so good. Everyone is so sure about the World Cup for Brazil, that I don't know why they organized it. FIFA should just give them the cup.

And now of course, I don't like Brazil even more.

Luckily, Brazil doesn't play very good. I would be very grateful for the next 'Maracanazo'. This time in the quarterfinals.

Last edited by Jacotey; 06-13-2014 at 09:23 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Against The Current

Quote:
http://playtheadvantage.com/2014/05/...-league-final/
It's all Atletico fault. And Ramos scored a goal in 90+3. End of story
Well you seem perfectly happy with the ref's (literally) game-changing decision here, no mention of Real benefiting from it and no suggestion that FIFA (perhaps UEFA would be more suitable) fixed the outcome to give the title to the favorite. Five minutes added is just what Real needed though isn't it? Now I'm not terribly cross about that whole deal, I was just sayin'.

Quote:
Yesterday's match? What a shame. I'm very afraid that we gonna get another 'Korea & Japan 2002'. The biggest scandal in the history of football. I know that FIFA wants to prevent suicides, but not at the expense of others.
To be honest it seems to me like a lot of people are making a scandal out of this World Cup this early. Yes there were questionable calls and yes people go 10x crazier during World Cup games, but I don't think there's reason to panic about it Croatia (and now Mexico) have time to come back strong, and strong they were btw!

Quote:
So why I don't like the Brazil team? Because of that hype. It's everywhere. Even in Polish TV. Neymar is treated like the God of Football, but his season in Barcelona was just... not so good. Everyone is so sure about the World Cup for Brazil, that I don't know why they organized it. FIFA should just give them the cup.

And now of course, I don't like Brazil even more.

Luckily, Brazil doesn't play very good. I would be very grateful for the next 'Maracanazo'. This time in the quarterfinals.
Really? I don't think the hype is that much. People always say Brazil is going to win it simply because they know they've won it the most times. I think it's more like everyone's watching Brazil for this one because:

1 - France in 98 was the last host nation to win the World Cup, can BRASIL do it at last, with the home field advantage?

2 - This may not be the best team they've ever fielded, but they've got some very solid players. They had a hell of a team in 2006 but like in the 80s they fell flat on their butts. Neymar's season in Barcelona was supposed to shape him further into a great footballer. Even Cristiano Ronaldo recognizes that he is one already, it's just bad luck that there was controversy about his contract and that he was injured. Having put that behind him, the world now sees Neymar as the one who will lead his team to victory. He's Brazil's No. 10 after all!

3 - Speaking of putting the past behind, Brazil may have won 5 times but the most important history lesson here is that they LOST last time they hosted it in 1950. They want to finally put that behind them. (Just as much or more, than Uruguay wants to make it happen again!)

Furthermore, now you don't mind putting the blame on the benefiting team and/or FIFA, what's up with that? You dislike them even more for that? Brazil had the upper hand and to doubt that is nuts. Croatia was a worthy adversary, and came close to having Brazil's confidence by the throat after Marcelo's OG. However, even if Marcelo hadn't touched the ball it would have made no difference as there was a Croatian right behind him and it's the same with the penalty (that was no penalty): it would have hardly changed the outcome. You really have to take into account that Brazil has the home field advantage. I'd only worry about them if they come up against a team playing like Netherlands played today.

EDIT
Oh btw, this year's ads are awesomesauce but this is still my favorite

Last edited by Fall; 06-13-2014 at 11:46 PM..
Old 06-14-2014, 01:04 AM

_♥_ is on a distinguished road

"The answer is: Politics, Religion and Sports." ( and "sometimes" Alizée's 'very personal' life )

Old 06-14-2014, 04:17 AM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

So far...it's been pretty enjoyable.
Brazil..umm...mix of bad referee decisions and poor goalkeeping by the Croatian keeper.
Fantastic result for The Netherlands and great effort by Australia.
Come on England tonight!!
Old 06-14-2014, 06:11 AM
HipHopHead

Quote:
Well you seem perfectly happy with the ref's (literally) game-changing decision here, no mention of Real benefiting from it and no suggestion that FIFA (perhaps UEFA would be more suitable) fixed the outcome to give the title to the favorite. Five minutes added is just what Real needed though isn't it? Now I'm not terribly cross about that whole deal, I was just sayin'.
I don't understand. You really don't see a difference between extra time which was granted properly and mistakes like penalty from nowhere etc.? There were no others controversies in the final of CL, but match of Brazil was full of them. I wouldn't mind if Brazil got the extra time and then score a goal.

And you don't know why they favor the Brazil team? Imagine what's gonna happen in their country if Brazil won't win the World Cup. The present protests will be nothing compared with what would happen if they won't win.

Quote:
To be honest it seems to me like a lot of people are making a scandal out of this World Cup this early. Yes there were questionable calls and yes people go 10x crazier during World Cup games, but I don't think there's reason to panic about it Croatia (and now Mexico) have time to come back strong, and strong they were btw!
I edited my post, so why there is an old version? To be clear - I meant 'it was' of course, the biggest scandal was the World Cup in Korea & Japan. The current one is incomparable... yet.

Quote:
Furthermore, now you don't mind putting the blame on the benefiting team and/or FIFA, what's up with that?
As I said, there is a HUGE difference between an extra time and dozen of ref's mistakes.

Quote:
You dislike them even more for that?
You know what? Right after the match I was very angry. On the next day, in school, I was thinking about it and I decided to not write such a hateful post, which I was planning to write. But then I read what Scolari said after the game:

Quote:
"Millions didn't see the penalty?" he asked. "The referee did and he said it was a penalty and they are the ones that must decide.
"We also think it was a penalty. I have seen it 10 times and I think it is a penalty."
How he could lie so much?

Quote:
Brazil had the upper hand and to doubt that is nuts. Croatia was a worthy adversary, and came close to having Brazil's confidence by the throat after Marcelo's OG. However, even if Marcelo hadn't touched the ball it would have made no difference as there was a Croatian right behind him and it's the same with the penalty (that was no penalty): it would have hardly changed the outcome.
Football is not about 'having the upper hand', it's about goals (You think that Atletico should win the final of CL? Who was attacking during the whole second half and who was only clearing the ball?). The truth is that Croatia should win 2:1 or at least tie - there were no penalty, there should not be the third goal, there should be one more goal for Croatia and disputable red card for Neymar - the last two are not so clear (Too be honest, red card for Neymar would not be fair, but I've seen that pointed as mistake on many sites, so I just post it there as an information. The second goal for Croatia should be concede in my opinion). Even if the only mistake was penalty, there is a huge difference in playing when you are losing and when there is a draw. The outcome could be very different.

Quote:
I'd only worry about them if they come up against a team playing like Netherlands played today.
If Brazil wins their group, they will play with the vice-leader of group B. Spain, Netherlands or Chile? It will be very interesting.

The video section:

Red card for Neymar:

After that header some Croatian player scored a goal, but ref didn't concede it, cause it 'was' a foul on Júlio César...

Clear foul on Rakitić. After that Oscar scored the third goal for Brazil.

I hope you won't find many grammatical errors in my post and you understand everything

Last edited by Jacotey; 06-14-2014 at 06:16 AM..