Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 01-14-2024, 10:34 AM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road
Default Patrick Mahomes Helmet Shatters in the Cold

It was so cold in Kansas city; that on a hit Patrick Mahomes Helmet was shattered ! There aren't supposed to be helmet hits in the NFL or it should be a penalty; but since Patrick puts his head down; I guess they don't call it !
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lo...e-vs-dolphins/

I don't follow the game much anymore but offhand I would have given the game to the Chiefs; because Miami wouldn't be used to the Cold ! His team-mates told Mahomes; Hey , man your Helmet is Damaged ! But they didn't stop play for the next series. When they did stop it so he could get his back-up helmet; he said he could hardly get it on because the back-up helmet was too cold !

And of course Taylor Swift at the game; rooting on her beau TE Travis
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/other...me/ar-AA1mX089

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 01-14-2024 at 11:04 AM.. Reason: To Add Taylor Swift ! Ha !
Old 01-14-2024, 03:54 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
It was so cold in Kansas city; that on a hit Patrick Mahomes Helmet was shattered ! There aren't supposed to be helmet hits in the NFL or it should be a penalty; but since Patrick puts his head down; I guess they don't call it !
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/lo...e-vs-dolphins/

I don't follow the game much anymore but offhand I would have given the game to the Chiefs; because Miami wouldn't be used to the Cold ! His team-mates told Mahomes; Hey , man your Helmet is Damaged ! But they didn't stop play for the next series. When they did stop it so he could get his back-up helmet; he said he could hardly get it on because the back-up helmet was too cold !

And of course Taylor Swift at the game; rooting on her beau TE Travis
http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/other...me/ar-AA1mX089
That was pretty amazing what happened to the helmet. Of course those helmets are of recent design. I guess they'll have to go back to the drawing board or at least use a different material.

As far as Taylor Swift, I like her voice, but her songs don't do much for me. It's too bad the media focuses on her so much during the games. Take a few pictures of her sure, but don't smother her.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
That was pretty amazing what happened to the helmet. Of course those helmets are of recent design. I guess they'll have to go back to the drawing board or at least use a different material.

As far as Taylor Swift, I like her voice, but her songs don't do much for me. It's too bad the media focuses on her so much during the games. Take a few pictures of her sure, but don't smother her.
You are Correct Scruffy ! The Helmet is of the new design; o maybe they are not quite perfected !
Sometimes they focus on Taylor too much and the fans don't like it ! I listened to a couple of her early songs at one time; but I couldn't stand them ! Ha ! Let's just say at that time she wasn't Mylene or Alizee ! But the teeny-bopper girls love her and she does put on a good show on tour ! I haven't listened to her current song's but she keeps getting awards for them; so maybe they are better than they used to be !

There is a lot of talk about bad officiating this year ! I know I saw some play by play of the Ravens game and at one time the Houston Texans seemed to be getting called for false start or something a lot ! But sometimes the play by play repeats plays for some reason ; like it is stuttering, so I don't know whether there were multiple penalties really.

They say; after the team went into the locker room at half time with the score tied at 10 to 10; Lamar the quarterback exploded on the team, calling out everyone. To one guy; "You missed that Block ! , or another you missed that Blitz !, or another How many passes are you going to drop ? And Are you too lazy to win this game ? Ha! Usually he doesn't say anything; so he chewed them out ! Then they finally started to score and put some effort into the game ! Ha !
Old 01-23-2024, 07:35 PM

Default Le Play is not over; until the Play is Over !

The Play is not over; until the Play is Over ! This is why the defenders keep hitting the ball carrier; because even if he is going to the goal line to put the ball over the line and score a touchdown; he still might fumble the ball, and if you do not have possession, then the TD does not Count !
So it is Nice to see the Slow-Motion of the Kansas City receiver getting hit by 3 Bills Defenders and the ball coming out in a fumble ! Now the Controversy is that was he down ; before the ball came out in which case it is still KC ball on the 2 yard line. Or did he fumble; before he was down and the ball goes through the side of the endzone; then it becomes Bills Ball and a touchback to the 20 yard line !
[ Note this rule is inconsistent; because if you fumble forward on a play out of bounds , then your team still retains possession ! But this rule states if you fumble forward into and out of the opponents end zone; then they take over possession ! So this is inconsistent ! ] And so this article has the fumble caused by the bills defenders and saves the TD ! [ slo-mo is so nice ! Ha ! ]
http://www.thebiglead.com/posts/chie...o-01hmqeyndaj6

Arms and legs going everywhere ! Ha ! This is why one should never Fumble the Ball !
Neither team is mine; so I apologize if anybody is a KC or Bills Fan !

In Looking at it; the ball carrier might have been trying to place the ball over the goal line to score the TD; but in doing so he didn't keep the ball in a safe position; but tried to thrust it over. This gave the defenders the opportunity to strip the ball from him !
It is as they say; "A Game of Inches" and an inch or two can cost you the game on a Play !
The Bills Field Goal kicker later missed a field goal and that killed their season
in a sad Echo of Super Bowl XXV where their field goal kicker missed the kick and lost them the game !

87 Travis of KC puts a good block on the Defender; but it is not enough to take 21 the bills defender out of the play and it is he who causes the Fumble !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 01-23-2024 at 07:59 PM.. Reason: more info
Old 02-12-2024, 05:30 PM

Default Le Play that could have cost San Francisco the Game !

As I think I've said before the Punt or kickoff is actually one of the most dangerous plays in the game; because anything can happen ! And the last thing a PR Punt Returner or KR the Kickoff returner want to do is Fumble the Football because if the enemy recovers it will be deep in your own territory. So the situation is San Francisco is leading 10 to 6 in the 3rd Quarter ! The San Francisco Defence stops Kansas City on a 4th down with 2 Yards to go; so Kansas City decides to punt the ball ! British or Australian fans may think of it; if the ball is punted safely, then 10 big "Rugby" style players are running down the field as fast as they can go, to hit the punt returner and cause him to fumble ! So KC Punts the ball and their coverage defence gets down to the SF PR fast; so he decides to let the ball bounce possibly into the end zone for a touch back to the 20 yard line. Unfortunately , though, the ball hits the foot of another SF player, so then it is a loose ball or the same as a fumble so the KC players can recover it ! The SF PR desperately tries to get his hands on the ball; but he is knocked out of the play and then KC players recover the ball on the SF 16 yard line as a fumble ! And with an excellent QB as Mahomes is for KC; he has only 16 yards to go for his touchdown and then KC takes the Lead !
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...c6317d67&ei=37

Or another view; I think...

http://sports.yahoo.com/super-bowl-4...023643262.html

Everyone misses this though....The KC Punter is run into by a SF Defender ! This is Roughing the kicker which results in an automatic first down for the kicking team ! ( This is to prevent hurting the kicker whose leg is extended in the kick and he is defenceless at that point ! ) You can block the football in it's kick; but you cannot run into the kicker ! The referees seemingly don't call this as they see KC recover the football on the SF 16 yard line; so the penalty would have been Declined anyway.

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 02-12-2024 at 06:11 PM..
Old 02-12-2024, 10:03 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshal Davout View Post
As I think I've said before the Punt or kickoff is actually one of the most dangerous plays in the game; because anything can happen ! And the last thing a PR Punt Returner or KR the Kickoff returner want to do is Fumble the Football because if the enemy recovers it will be deep in your own territory. So the situation is San Francisco is leading 10 to 6 in the 3rd Quarter ! The San Francisco Defence stops Kansas City on a 4th down with 2 Yards to go; so Kansas City decides to punt the ball ! British or Australian fans may think of it; if the ball is punted safely, then 10 big "Rugby" style players are running down the field as fast as they can go, to hit the punt returner and cause him to fumble ! So KC Punts the ball and their coverage defence gets down to the SF PR fast; so he decides to let the ball bounce possibly into the end zone for a touch back to the 20 yard line. Unfortunately , though, the ball hits the foot of another SF player, so then it is a loose ball or the same as a fumble so the KC players can recover it ! The SF PR desperately tries to get his hands on the ball; but he is knocked out of the play and then KC players recover the ball on the SF 16 yard line as a fumble ! And with an excellent QB as Mahomes is for KC; he has only 16 yards to go for his touchdown and then KC takes the Lead !
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/...c6317d67&ei=37

Or another view; I think...

http://sports.yahoo.com/super-bowl-4...023643262.html

Everyone misses this though....The KC Punter is run into by a SF Defender ! This is Roughing the kicker which results in an automatic first down for the kicking team ! ( This is to prevent hurting the kicker whose leg is extended in the kick and he is defenceless at that point ! ) You can block the football in it's kick; but you cannot run into the kicker ! The referees seemingly don't call this as they see KC recover the football on the SF 16 yard line; so the penalty would have been Declined anyway.
You never know how the referees are going to call any particular game. Sometimes they call every little thing and sometimes, they let players play the game in which case, they won't call something unless it's flagrant as far as that type of penalty. The kicker didn't seem in any real danger of getting hurt, so they let it go.

I think the determining moment of this game was in the second quarter when SF's linebacker Greenlaw I believe his name is, started running out onto the field, then immediately collapsed. He had torn his achilles. We saw in the second half where KC started making short passes to the right side and that was also where Mahomes made his runs. I don't think that would've happened if Greenlaw was still in the game.
Old 02-13-2024, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
You never know how the referees are going to call any particular game. Sometimes they call every little thing and sometimes, they let players play the game in which case, they won't call something unless it's flagrant as far as that type of penalty. The kicker didn't seem in any real danger of getting hurt, so they let it go.

I think the determining moment of this game was in the second quarter when SF's linebacker Greenlaw I believe his name is, started running out onto the field, then immediately collapsed. He had torn his achilles. We saw in the second half where KC started making short passes to the right side and that was also where Mahomes made his runs. I don't think that would've happened if Greenlaw was still in the game.
Yes Scruffy ! Perhaps that is why they didn't call it ! I did not actually watch the game; as I am on to other persuits and i only watch the high-lights. So then that might have been the turning point, too when Greenlaw went down! They don't allow a team to have too many good players at every position, as I think they are restricted to 53 suited up players. If you lose a good player at any position, then you are in trouble.
It seems nobody likes the referees lately as sometimes they seem to call non-existent penalties or miss blatant penalties that should have been called ! Ha !

Last edited by Marshal Davout; 02-13-2024 at 09:59 AM.. Reason: more info