Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 11-30-2007, 05:52 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyACE View Post
Even with the supply of entertainment US provides, I think we'll see a growth in exposure of foreign artists gradually, thanks to the internet mainly. Youtube anyone.

Yeah, I think the internet is making a difference, and I hope it continues to grow.
Old 11-30-2007, 07:04 PM

penguinluvr91 is on a distinguished road

it kinda makes me mad that they let people like kevin federline make "music" (if u could call it that) but they wont let people with real talent (even if theyre not from America) have a chance to succeed here

sure kevin did awful as a rapper but just because he was once married to britney doesnt mean that he should have an automatic ticket into the music industry

thats why im saying that americans should let music from other places into their music selections
Old 11-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I don't know, the language thing is probably part of it, especially when it comes to music. But movies get dubbed/subtitled all the time. Recently when the only source I had to watch the MJ videoclip was one with commercials preceding it, I saw a Hollywood movie with French dubbing advertised. You see foreign movies with subtitles or dubbing in English here, too, although they're never promoted as heavily as movies that are made in English to start with.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-30-2007, 08:42 PM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

I have noticed a lot more foreign films making it to the American market over the past few years. I believe part of the reason is the technology to create really good films is growing, enabling the smaller up start overseas studios to make first class films. Second, I believe most of the American movie scene has been monopolized by writers, directors, and actors more bent on pushing their political agenda in movies than in generating all around good stories. And third, the distribution technology (e.g., netflic) is making it easier to review and get access to foreign films.

I have probably seen more foreign films in the past year or two than I've seen in my entire previous years combined.

Again, supply and demand. But keep in mind that supply is not just numbers and demand can be picky. Hollywood produces a lot of supply, but a good bit is just plain crappy these days. So the excess domestic demand begins to look for overseas suppliers. Hence, a small but significant influx of foreign films in American households. And if Hollywood doesn't wake up, and stop becoming political hacks, Americans just might discover foreigners can produce some really good stuff.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:04 PM

Rocket is on a distinguished road

Gérard Depardieu as Cyrano De Bergerac is one of his greatest roles. He did a magnificent job. And it came with english sub-titles.
Old 12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

No foreign song will make it here unless it is played on the radio... repeatedly.

I think that if they were to put a song of hers into one of those accursed "song rotation loops" that gets played over and over and over again it would generate a huge amount of sales for her. I could see some of her songs doing very well here. Moi... Lolita, Par Les Paupieres, Coeur déjà pris, Amelie, À Contre-courant, probably a few more.

The music industry doesn't give enough credit to the American listeners. Look at the playlist of anyone on the 'net and you will almost always find foreign music in there. We just don't have access to it though the normal music listening channels.
Old 12-02-2007, 05:31 PM

ajaccio corsica is on a distinguished road
Cool

hi
actually it's pretty easy to find foreign cutural products if you live on the east coast, california or florida
it's true that it's more difficult to find french cd's or dvd's in hicksville ohio or little rock arkansas
cheers
Old 12-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Ultimate Member

WindReaver is on a distinguished road

Sure you can find them here, but you really have to go looking for it. For brick & mortar shopping most people buy their music from Wal-mart these days and not specialty music stores. The real trick is to get them hear it first so they will go looking for it.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:15 PM

Matrix is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskyy View Post
Just think of the rednecks that you may try to introduce to Alizee: "I aint listn'n to no French crap! They didn't support us in the war, etc etc.
you know I think you would find alot of french "rednecks" in the southern Louisiana bayous. But once they see a pic of Alizee, they would be like..."oh, so that's Alizee" tell me more, please