Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 10-17-2023, 05:46 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Default State of the forum

I think most of you know that I've been paying the small cost of $25/mo Ben asks to keep the forum going. I will end that support at the end of the year. I had actually planned on doing it earlier this year but got side tracked by many other things. It's just that everything has been going up in price and the small amounts I send here and there for this and that have become more noticeable amounts and I only see that situation getting worse.

I've kept this going in the hope something meaningful in the way of singing would come along but "meaningful" is not going to happen.

I doubt if anyone will pick up those payments because I think everyone has lost hope and they are impacted in the same way I am.

I notified Ben that December's payment will be my last. I don't know if he might still keep the forum running or not. If it comes to an end, well it was a good ride while it lasted.
Old 10-17-2023, 07:02 PM
Super Moderator

Bamagirl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I notified Ben that December's payment will be my last. I don't know if he might still keep the forum running or not. If it comes to an end, well it was a good ride while it lasted.
You’ve been a fantastic supporter of this forum for so long, Scruffydog. Thank you for giving and doing so much for it all these years.
I know all members will join me in expressing the deepest appreciation and sincere wishes for all the best to you in the future!!!
Old 10-18-2023, 07:51 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Scruffy, you had mentioned earlier in the year that you were considering ending your financial support of the site at the end of 2023, so thanks for the update. I do want to thank you for your support all these years, not only financial but your consistent presence on this forum and your contributions. You are second to none in that regard.

I would consider stepping in to keep this site going for a while longer, but it would be under a few conditions. I would want full administrative powers since it can be difficult to administer this forum with one hand tied behind my back. Also, I would request that vBulletin be updated to a version that supports a secured site. Who knows how many times we've been hacked already. Lastly, I would want the ability to make some content updates to at least the landing page because it is so dated. In the end it is up to Ben, of course.

With Alizee's music career most certainly dead and Mylene announcing her retirement, it sure does seem like an end to an era. We had a few times where we thought Alizee might be jump starting her music career, but that all ended with the canceled concerts in Mexico. She leveraged her fame to start a cosmetics line, sell fashion and jewelry, and get some guest appearances on TV here and there, but didn't deliver on what her fans really wanted, an album.

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but Alizee has alienated her long time fans the last few years. It would have been nice to hear her talk to her fans here and there like she used to through social media, without trying to sell something or promote a cause. Posting family photos on Instagram is not enough. Maybe the pandemic affected her like it has so many others, who knows? But one thing is pretty clear now, and that is her focus is her dance school and her family, and there is nothing wrong with that.

So anyway, your reasons are completely understandable. Basic living costs just keep creeping up and I'm feeling it too. With the world seeming to get crazier by the day, it's hard to see the trend reversing any time soon.

But I agree that it has been a nice ride. I've had a lot of fun on this forum over the years.
Old 10-18-2023, 11:51 AM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

Thanks Scruffy for everything, not only for helping to keep this site running but also for the unique videos we've been watching thanks to you.
Although Alizee is not very active in terms of her career, there will always be some new fans who have just discovered her, but I don't expect a flood of new fans unless something drastic changes.
I will continue to follow Alize and occasionally make some kind of fan video, if this website does not continue to work and someone wants to stay in touch, you can find me on Instagram or Telegram.
Old 10-22-2023, 05:51 PM

Alex Rien is on a distinguished road

I shall be very sorry to lose you.
Old 10-23-2023, 08:37 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think most of you know that I've been paying the small cost of $25/mo Ben asks to keep the forum going. I will end that support at the end of the year. I had actually planned on doing it earlier this year but got side tracked by many other things. It's just that everything has been going up in price and the small amounts I send here and there for this and that have become more noticeable amounts and I only see that situation getting worse.

I've kept this going in the hope something meaningful in the way of singing would come along but "meaningful" is not going to happen.

I doubt if anyone will pick up those payments because I think everyone has lost hope and they are impacted in the same way I am.

Thank You ! Scruffy for all your hard work on the Forum and all the financial support. i know you came up with some support for the medical apartment in Marseille,I think it was, so that there would be an apartment for families to go to; if someone had Cancer in Corsica and had to go to the hospital in Marseille ! Your are a real Saint ! I know Prices of everything are going up in the states and that hurts everybody ! Being semi-retired I would have to see if I could come up with $25 a month; but I don't think I know who Ben is or where to send it ? Perhaps if my books hit, I will have more money ! I can't lose the forum ! Where else can I post all my crazy ideas ? Ha !
Old 10-24-2023, 12:19 AM

Aldighieri is on a distinguished road

Can I help in some way? Can't we open a subscription between members? I'ìì pay my part..
Old 10-24-2023, 10:03 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

I would like to remind everybody that closing down the forum at the end of the year is not a done deal. I would like to see it running for years into the future.

I think we all can agree that AAm activity has slowed down significantly in the last few years. Can we turn that around and make it more inviting for new Alizee fans to join? I think so.

For those that newly discover Alizee and are looking for a fan club, a Google search brings up AAm in the top 3 results. The vast majority of time, it is because of her music all over YouTube that interests a new fan. However, when a visitor comes to this site, what they see is an Alizee picture during her DALS days. That picture of Alizee was relevant 10 years ago when she was competing regularly, but her DALS days are gone and was just a part of her career.

The social media feeds on the main page are old or no longer working. Many of the menu options at the top are obsolete or questionable. The code page is not translating characters correctly and looks sloppy. The only reliably working section is the Latest Discussion, which leads the visitor to the forum.

I don't think it's an unreasonable request to update the main page and make it more relevant and inviting because right now the site looks neglected. Is it any wonder why we are not getting a steady stream of new members joining?

My hope is that Ben would be open to updating the site and the policies surrounding the administration of this site. It is worth saving.
Old 10-24-2023, 05:15 PM

Marshal Davout is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
I would like to remind everybody that closing down the forum at the end of the year is not a done deal. I would like to see it running for years into the future.

I think we all can agree that AAm activity has slowed down significantly in the last few years. Can we turn that around and make it more inviting for new Alizee fans to join? I think so.

For those that newly discover Alizee and are looking for a fan club, a Google search brings up AAm in the top 3 results. The vast majority of time, it is because of her music all over YouTube that interests a new fan. However, when a visitor comes to this site, what they see is an Alizee picture during her DALS days. That picture of Alizee was relevant 10 years ago when she was competing regularly, but her DALS days are gone and was just a part of her career.

The social media feeds on the main page are old or no longer working. Many of the menu options at the top are obsolete or questionable. The code page is not translating characters correctly and looks sloppy. The only reliably working section is the Latest Discussion, which leads the visitor to the forum.

I don't think it's an unreasonable request to update the main page and make it more relevant and inviting because right now the site looks neglected. Is it any wonder why we are not getting a steady stream of new members joining?

My hope is that Ben would be open to updating the site and the policies surrounding the administration of this site. It is worth saving.
All very good ideas, Clever Cowboy ! It does seem like the website needs some re-vamping ! Not to disparage all of the work that has gone into it before; but we can build on the original !
If we could find 25 members to pay $1 per month; we would have Scruffy's kind support covered ! Or even 13 member's at $2 per month ! Like Dante's Idea a Subscription fee for full member's ( can I call him Dante ? ; I apologize if i am taking License ! )
Old 10-24-2023, 05:34 PM

Magnetic Lili is on a distinguished road

New Alizee fans will appear for a long time, but we cannot fool ourselves that this will be a significant influx. Ali will be getting older, and there is no sign of resuming her musical career, so even if someone new appears, his "enthusiasm" may quickly fade.

However, this does not change the fact that Alizee America is a forum that every new fan of hers comes to. The only place that is not a Facebook group that is "still fighting".

Closing this forum will be truly symbolic, in the negative sense of the word.