Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 03-11-2011, 03:24 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
The more I think about this topic, the more I realize why Alizee had to break away from Mylene. The French simply outgrew Alizee much like American pre-teens outgrew Britney. The English translations to Mylene's lyrics were horrible, but the French lyrics were probably not much better. Singing about goldfish and bubble baths is for bubble gum pop artists in their teens, not in their 20s. This probably explains why Alizee gets so much love from non-French audiences. They just love her voice and the tunes composed by LB. La Isla Bonita and Ella Elle L'a are her most populat songs on Youtube, and they aren't even written by the Mylene/LB duo. It's all about Alizee's sultry voice and the tune.
Uh, exactly. How many people here fell in love with at least one of her songs/performances before they had any clue what she was saying?

Merci Fanny
Old 03-11-2011, 09:51 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
Uh, exactly. How many people here fell in love with at least one of her songs/performances before they had any clue what she was saying?
The first two songs I found out about were LIB and ML. Of course I already knew what LIB was about and with ML, I knew what a lolita was, but really had no idea what the song was saying about this Lolita and most of her other French songs on MCE and Gour I had hardly any idea of what they were about but I loved the sound of them so much, that I'm sure I would have listened to them just as much as I have which I guarantee you is quite a bit, even if I had never found out the songs were about. Then finding out what the English lyrics were just doubled my pleasure.
Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Yes, a lot of it had to do with her being a product of Mylene. Also, she took waaaaay too long of a break when she broke from MF/LB. French people are very fickle when it comes to the music industry and they moved on. I've seen a lot of people lately refer to Alizee as "a joke". Its sad but, they see that she is not trying very hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNY View Post
The more I think about this topic, the more I realize why Alizee had to break away from Mylene. The French simply outgrew Alizee much like American pre-teens outgrew Britney. The English translations to Mylene's lyrics were horrible, but the French lyrics were probably not much better. Singing about goldfish and bubble baths is for bubble gum pop artists in their teens, not in their 20s. This probably explains why Alizee gets so much love from non-French audiences. They just love her voice and the tunes composed by LB. La Isla Bonita and Ella Elle L'a are her most populat songs on Youtube, and they aren't even written by the Mylene/LB duo. It's all about Alizee's sultry voice and the tune.
Yes, the English versions were really bad, but J'en Ai Marre is really about a girl....exploring herself in the tub. She also touches on the subject of rough sex and oral sex in the song. It is most definitely an adult song.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:37 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post

1) Taking four years off.
2) Getting Married
3) Having a child
4) Changing your style and
putting out two marginal Albums after returning.
I'll add to this list

5) Leaving Mylène Farmer... most influential french singer, like.. ever! and the one who made her famous, biggest mistake of her carreer..

6) Joining les Enfoirés (even though i'm a huge fan of LE , In France it's often considered as a gathering of fallen icons, and many artists from les enfoirés are seen as performers of poor quality popular french music , i don't share this opinion, but that's what the mainstream thinks. Her participation to LE ruined Mylène's successful formula of secrecy, mystery and rarity.. )

This is why the number of her french fans probably decreased by a factor 30- 40 . Fortunately for her, mexican fans filled the gap .

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..
Old 03-03-2013, 10:58 AM

foxy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapinschous View Post
I'll add to this list

6) Joining les Enfoirés (even though i'm a huge fan of LE , In France it's often considered as a gathering of fallen icons, and many artists from les enfoirés are seen as performers of poor quality popular french music , i don't share this opinion, but that's what the mainstream thinks. Her participation to LE ruined Mylène's successful formula of secrecy, mystery and rarity.. )
Are you serious?
I thought les Enfoires is one of the biggest TV show in france
les enfoires 2012 had over 12 million viewers.

But since you are from france, you should know it better than us...
Old 03-03-2013, 11:23 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy View Post
Are you serious?
I thought les Enfoires is one of the biggest TV show in france
les enfoires 2012 had over 12 million viewers.

But since you are from france, you should know it better than us...
I'm in France and I'm not agree. Lapinchous get mixed up with some criticism coming from some parisian intellectual "milieu" or some nasty comments from professionnal pain in the ass on the web, which as nothing to do with the real mainstream popular success of Les Enfoirés.

Now, if you want to know what is the state of mind of french Alizee fans, ask Psychalizee.net members what they think about Alizée cancelation of her appareance in the Cauet tvshow....

Last edited by Bigdan; 03-03-2013 at 11:28 AM..
Old 03-03-2013, 11:34 AM

Lili4ever is on a distinguished road

She stopped performing half naked. That alone reduced a number of horny followers. But the image of sexy Lolita dancing half naked to childish songs is still in people's memories. Everywhere she went, on every tv performance she was shown as sexy lolita. A joy to men.
And her last 2 albums really were not that adult oriented or well done. I think right after divorcing with MF she should have announced that Lolita grew up, found a solid solid crew and released 5. A solid album, with lots of violins and other classical instruments and not a single yuppidou type of song. But of course being young, she overestimated her self and tried to have more impact on the creative part of the albums. Since she seems she can't write lyrics and music her own, she needs a solid crew. Not some friends and friends of friends. But experts with experience and succesfull projects.
It looks like 5 is really solid album. I hope it will help her to get at least a little respect among adult French. Even though she said that French people like to categorize people and it is very hard to get out of that category
Old 03-03-2013, 02:39 PM

Vike is on a distinguished road

Alizee tried to manage her own career, which was a huge mistake. Also she gave up dancing altogether, which was another big mistake. Her recent concerts did not have any props or other dancers, which was not very entertaining. So that's it, in my opinion. She still has some loyal fans, like us, who love her regardless of what she does.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:44 PM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
6) Joining les Enfoirés (even though i'm a huge fan of LE , In France it's often considered as a gathering of fallen icons, and many artists from les enfoirés are seen as performers of poor quality popular french music
Shy'm, Matt Pokora, Tal, Amel Bent, Zaz, Christophe Willem, etc. I thought these artists are at the top of their careers at this time? Even JJ Goldman, Johnny Hallyday, Jean-Louis Aubert, Patrick Bruel, Pascal Obispo, Francis Cabrel and some others, although not as active or as popular as before, are still well-respected/regarded just like Toni Bennett, Bruce Springsteen, Sir Paul McCartney and Mick Jagger here in the US? I would agree with, maybe, Helene Segara, Zazie, MC Solaar, Elsa, Lorie and a few others.

Quote:
6)Her participation to LE ruined Mylène's successful formula of secrecy, mystery and rarity.
I thought it was MF's idea for her to join the LE back in 2001-02?

Quote:
6)This is why the number of her french fans probably decreased by a factor 30- 40 . Fortunately for her, mexican fans filled the gap .
And it's time for the rest of us to finish the job and put Alizee back on top!
Old 03-04-2013, 05:45 AM
Amélie's Fed Up in Autumn

lapinschous is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
Shy'm, Matt Pokora, Tal, Amel Bent, Zaz, Christophe Willem, etc. I thought these artists are at the top of their careers at this time?
Except Shy'm and Tal (who just became famous) all those artist you quoted are losing ground every passing year, and are considered by many to survive on the rest of their former nationwide success by releasing poor quality music for the taste of a musically immature public.

Quote:
Even JJ Goldman, Johnny Hallyday, Jean-Louis Aubert, Patrick Bruel, Pascal Obispo, Francis Cabrel and some others
Those guys remain famous because of the massive success of their carreer, but just like old elephants are gathering in mudpools , those icons of the previous generations came to Les Enfoirés to "musically die" even though they still release good content .

Quote:
I would agree with, maybe, Helene Segara, Zazie, MC Solaar, Elsa, Lorie and a few others.
Excellent choice.

Quote:
I thought it was MF's idea for her to join the LE back in 2001-02?
Well a part of this is true since she allowed her to join them, but I doubt it was her idea. Alizée during her first interviews always said she was excited at the idea of meeting the artist she once looked up to on an artist to artist relationship. Just thinking of performing along Patrick Bruel, David Hallyday, Goldman , Patricia Kaas... (all on alizée's list of favorite singers back in 2001) made Lili wish to join LE by whatever mean possible.

Ps : sorry for my english, it's awful in the morning...

La Nostalgie des jours gourmands..