Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the explanation Lefty!

AND SCRUFF IF YOU SEE THIS BEFORE YOU POST TO HER EBAY, CAN YOU DO IT MUCH EARLIER THAN THE AUCTION ENDS SO SHE SEES IT LIKE LEFTY AND I SAID? THANKS!

And just in case, I'll send the same exact message to her before the auction ends too since you said you'll only be on before it ends.

I meant to post this message 3 hours ago but I had to go. I hope it still applies

Thanks!

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Doh! We've been falling over ourselves here guys, but it's so simple. If we can't contact anyone by the time the auction's about to end, then bid on it. If we win, just say: "here's the €1000 but please keep the toy so you can auction it again to raise further money". To be honest, since there's no other obvious way of donating, maybe it's what we should have done in the first place. It makes our donation visible to Alizee and her fans without being overly obtrusive.
Sounds good and all, but then that's only giving her one option which is to reauction or send us it anyway. But its much better if someone else buys the toy for €500 and we can somehow send her the €1000. That way €1500 goes to JB in her name.

Last edited by User22; 08-06-2011 at 12:13 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Sounds good and all, but then that's only giving her one option which is to reauction or send us it anyway
I think eBay allows you to offer an item to the second highest bidder if the first one doesn't take it (info here). So she could still make the total €1500.

Basically, with the auction ending soon, I think we should bid. If we loose, great. She gets over 1k for the toy and we can continue trying to contact someone to donate our money.

If we win, we send the money but tell Alizee that we don't need the toy (don't even give an address). Then she can contact the second highest bidder and offer it to them for €500. Or re-list it if they don't want it.

That's my suggestion. Alizee put this on eBay, and I think it's best to use the tools she gives us.

Last edited by Ben; 08-06-2011 at 12:33 AM..
Old 08-06-2011, 12:25 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

So what are we going to do if we can't get through to someone about making a donation to J-B? Are we going to wait until the last bit of the auction time and then put our 1000 euros down as a regular bid? Because while it would be great if we could net them 1500, it would be a shame if the auction expired and we missed that chance. Either way, it would still be a donation and every bit counts.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 08-06-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
I think eBay allows you to offer an item to the second highest bidder if the first one doesn't take it (info here). So she could still make the total €1500.

Basically, with the auction ending soon, I think we should bid. If we loose, great. She gets over 1k for the toy and we can continue trying to contact someone to donate our money.

If we win, we send the money but tell Alizee that we don't need the toy (don't even give an address). Then she can contact the second highest bidder and offer it to them for €500. Or re-list it if they don't want it.

That's my suggestion. Alizee put this on eBay, and I think it's best to use the tools she gives us.
Second chance offers don't always work out the way people intend them to. But if we do bid and win, we will never know who or if it goes to anyone.

So I guess bidding is a good idea. But in the end it matters whether or not Scruffy see's this and agrees to bid...
Old 08-06-2011, 01:18 AM

BrianO1 is on a distinguished road

What Junkmale/Ben said is a good idea of we run out of time. (Im sorry Junkmale, I missed your post the first time around but great idea!!!)

Alizée, or someone representing her will have to contact the winner. And as they said, just tell um "keep the toy, and the change" and she can re-bid if she sees fit. If they insist on sending us the toy, and dont want to re-auction it, then hey, we boosted the toy from 500 to 1000. That isnt anything to feel bad about.

It may not have gone perfectly to plan...but in the end, we still made a huge donation in the name of AAm and its members. We can still walk away with our heads held high.

P.S.
If they insist on sending the toy to us, then I think the toy should go to Scruffy. He was the first person I went to about this, and has been working his rear-end off ever since. Plus I think he had the highest donation as well. So if it comes to us actually getting the toy, it should go to him.

Last edited by BrianO1; 08-06-2011 at 01:25 AM..
Old 08-06-2011, 01:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
P.S.
If they insist on sending the toy to us, then I think the toy should go to Scruffy. He was the first person I went to about this, and has been working his rear-end off ever since. Plus I think he had the highest donation as well. So if it comes to us actually getting the toy, it should go to him.
Totally agreed. But knowing Scruffy, if he/we do get the toy in the end, he will find a way for all the donators to have their time with it
Old 08-06-2011, 03:16 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Although I would prefer not to bid on the toy, if the group chooses to then I suggest we simply give it to Scruffy (with no need to circulate it). In addition to him tossing in the most, he has put out a lot of his own money in the past to support her.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:28 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

I have no problem Scruffy keeping the toy if he wants it. He deserves it. But, if he doesn't want to: How about tell Alizee to just give the toy to "Annily" as a present from AAM? I'm sure she'll like it, especially with her mom's name on it.

Last edited by Jake04; 08-06-2011 at 03:31 AM..
Old 08-06-2011, 03:49 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Well the die is cast, the horses have left the barn and the water has gone under the bridge.
The deed is done.

What I decided to do in the end is to post a question on the e bay page where you can ask a question of the seller. I thought this would be less intrusive than going to her Facebook page.

I wanted to use the statement that Bigdan so graciously translated for us, but it only allowed for 1,000 characters (1 for each euro.............jk) so I had to do some fancy foot work to get it down to that limit and it was too late to get further help from Bigdan, so I had to trust Google translate. I'll post below what I wrote and the translation for it below along with what it said after I posted.

I posted it at 3:15 am EST, which is 9:15 am Paris time, so she has about 4 hours to see it before the auction ends.
The good thing about doing it this way is if I did it by posting a message on her wall, everyone could see my e-mail address and someone could try and pull a fast one, but this way, only she will see the post.

Question is, what do we do if she doesn't respond? I feel we should still make the donation, but how do we get in touch with them if all of our efforts have failed so far? I guess we'll worry about that tomorrow if it comes to it.
Hello Alizee.

I am a member of AlizeeAmerica. A forum with members from all over the world. We wanted to do something to thank you for what you did for us in march of last year.

We heard of this auction to benefit Un sourire pour Jean Baptiste. We wanted to make a small donation of 1,000 euros, in your name directly to this organization but all our attempts to contact them have failed. Probably due to the language differences.

So we are appealing to you, to help us get this money to that organization. We do apologize for getting you involved in this. That was not our intention.
Again this is a donation. We still want you to have the toy to still auction off and raise more money.

If there is a way we can send the money via e-bay, or paypal, please let us know.

Thank You.
David Hardy

e-mail: dh777@comcast.net
Bonjour Alizée.
Je suis un membre de AlizeeAmerica. Un forum avec les membres de partout dans le monde. Nous voulions faire quelque chose à vous remercier pour ce que vous avez fait pour nous en mars de l'année dernière.

Nous avons entendu de cette enchères au profit de Un sourire pour Jean Baptiste. Nous voulions faire un petit don de 1.000 euros, en votre nom directement à cette organisation, mais toutes nos tentatives pour les contacter ont échoué. Probablement à cause des différences linguistiques.

Donc, nous faisons appel à vous, pour nous aider à obtenir cet argent à cette organisation. Nous nous excusons pour obtenir-vous impliqué dans cette affaire. Ce n'était pas notre intention.
Là encore, c'est un don. Nous voulons toujours que vous avez toujours le jouet à vendre aux enchères et de récolter plus d'argent.

Si il ya une manière, nous pouvons envoyer de l'argent via e-bay, ou paypal, s'il vous plaît laissez-nous savoir.

Merci.
David Hardy

e-mail: dh777@comcast.net

Your message about the subject Toy2r customized by Alizée for Jean Baptiste was sent to alizee.officiel.

You should receive a response within 1-2 business days. The member is in a timezone different from yours, and may need more time to answer your question. A copy of this e-mail was placed in the Sent folder of the Messages section of your account. A copy was also sent to your e-mail address.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 08-06-2011 at 03:51 AM..
Old 08-06-2011, 05:40 AM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianO1 View Post
great news!! Thanks!
In a pm I made to scruffy a few days ago, made with the intention of speeding up the effort, I confirmed a few things through about an hour of digging.

The first UneSourirePour Jean Baptiste is the official one.

Maryline Leca (Who is in some of those recent photos with Alizée) is friends with that page, and also friends with Alizée. She was also organising that massive lottery for the cause, which is all the evidence I needed.

Sadly it seems this route was unsucessful, but it was only an attempt to help.

I am very surprised that even by pooling our resources we have been unable to get very far at all.

Guess Alizée knows how to keep private
Closed Thread