Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Translations

Old 07-28-2010, 09:23 PM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizéeInspired View Post
Then I came across the lyrics about her being fed up with rain and zucchinis/courgettes. There I was just like "Zucchinis? Why?". Then she says something like "That make me throw up under the sheets."... At first I was like, "Maybe she is allergic to them... Or is she talking about... Dude, wtf?! No".
Une Heure Avec Alizée - Fun TV - June 3, 2003

Lucas (Host): Alizée, I have chosen the following lyrics from "J'en ai marre." "I'm fed up with the big sister who moans over everything and cries. Fed up with the rain, the zucchinis that make me vomit under the covers." I'm interested in the big sister. Who's the big sister who moans over everything and cries?
Alizée: It's simply an imaginary big sister. Like in "Parler tout bas," where there was the imaginary teddy bear. So like the imaginary bear, this is an imaginary sister.
L: The zucchinis?
A: I'm allergic.
L: Really?
A: Really.
L: What happens when you eat zucchinis?
A: My tongue gets swollen, I vomit and blotches come out. Voilà. There are those who are allergic to peaches, to strawberries... For me it's zucchinis.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:14 AM
>9K

AlizéeInspired is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeerre View Post
Une Heure Avec Alizée - Fun TV - June 3, 2003

Lucas (Host): Alizée, I have chosen the following lyrics from "J'en ai marre." "I'm fed up with the big sister who moans over everything and cries. Fed up with the rain, the zucchinis that make me vomit under the covers." I'm interested in the big sister. Who's the big sister who moans over everything and cries?
Alizée: It's simply an imaginary big sister. Like in "Parler tout bas," where there was the imaginary teddy bear. So like the imaginary bear, this is an imaginary sister.
L: The zucchinis?
A: I'm allergic.
L: Really?
A: Really.
L: What happens when you eat zucchinis?
A: My tongue gets swollen, I vomit and blotches come out. Voilà. There are those who are allergic to peaches, to strawberries... For me it's zucchinis.
Haha, thanks for this. I actually ended up finding that she was allergic sometime after me looking into the lyrics, but I just forgot where I found it. When finding this out, this really reinforced me that my interpretation and meaning of the song to me was much better/accurate than the "naughty" version of interpretation.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:33 AM

ferb96 is on a distinguished road

Oh man. Oh my god. I regret seeing those analytics. I regret it. Ugh !!!
Old 05-19-2011, 05:07 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Why does it not matter? It's like people just want to cover their ears and pretend that her songs don't have sexual meaning when they DO. ACC is basically about a fuck buddy and how she has "fun" when he's not around. Stop acting like children.
Old 05-19-2011, 09:46 AM

Bigdan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
Why does it not matter? It's like people just want to cover their ears and pretend that her songs don't have sexual meaning when they DO. ACC is basically about a fuck buddy and how she has "fun" when he's not around. Stop acting like children.
ACC ? Sorry but I don't think so...
It's precisely a very romantic song with only metaphors abouts love as an energy.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:25 AM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
First, most people here cannot agree or disagree with such a statement because their knowledge of the French language and culture is not good enough. Second, once again Euphoria, do you really think it is advisable to just state something like that and not give any detail whatsoever. If you want to have a discussion about this, then you would need to state where you see these connections. If you do not want to discuss this, then why post it in the first place?

Who really cares about unsubstantiated assertions on an Internet forum?
Old 05-19-2011, 10:36 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Guess I'm one of the few people that put two and two together. For me, it's just rather obvious that ACC is about a sexually charged relationship between two incompatible lovers. It doesn't really have a lot of hidden meaning behind it.
Old 05-19-2011, 10:50 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Not this again...
Old 05-20-2011, 06:49 AM

ferb96 is on a distinguished road

guys, guys. Chill down. I'm just surprised of the JEAM meaning like everyone here see it the first time that's all. I mean ... JEAM was my favorite song and ... now I know the meaning ... well maybe i should instead listen to the instrumental of the song for couple of days (here)

And for the song ACC. I don't know, maybe Euphoria's true, it does have that meaning, maybe it doesn't. Idk maybe I'll understand better as I grow up. But at the moment I prefer the metaphors about love as energy better.

So anyway after reading JEAM meaning i was like NYYEEAAHH !!

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERVU-4Yjh2c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ERVU-4Yjh2c?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="390" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
Old 05-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Just remember that many of these lyrics have double meanings. That means more than one interpretation can be correct depending on how you see it. As I, and many others have said before, I believe this analysis is over the top, but I also believe it is right in some respects.

One could argue that whatever you believe the meaning to be is correct - that the listener is a participant in the creative process and the full meaning of the song is not complete until the listener interprets it.

Sometimes songs have layers of meaning that one can peal off as they grow in age, knowledge and experience, at least if they choose to do so. It can be enjoyable for people to share their interpretations and discuss them. But the downside of analyzing lyrics in a forum like this is that all the layers get pealed and thrown at you all at once, whether you are ready for it or not. It's almost like someone revealing the end of a movie to you before you've had a chance to see the whole thing.

I would say to anyone who feels that these analyses are disturbing - your personal take on the song can be whatever you want it to be. Each one of us has to decide for ourselves how to interpret the song. I believe these songs work on more than one level, so pick the level you are comfortable with. It's no more right or wrong than the next person's choice.