Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Articles and Blog

Old 06-09-2018, 11:32 PM

Edsel Di Meo is on a distinguished road
Default My Daily Blog :)

Well... I wanted to start this personal blog cause i feel free to talk whatever i want to.... So lets start! (Sorry for the typos i'm not english native)

Today was a good day actually, i started the second level of my french courses (2 out of 17 lol), i'm used to listen to Toc de Mac before i start with the day officially and it really motivates me. Talking about the french class, during the mean time i talked with my new teacher and she asked me "What do you do to learn french?" and answered "well... I always listen to a French singer called Alizée" and then i showed her one Alizée's song because i wanted to know if she recognize her and my teacher's expression was like "i know who's her and i'm impressed that you listen to her music!" but i don't really know if she knows Alizée or not. The class finished okay but i still prefer my first level teacher haha.

By the way, today i friend asked me how can i always listen to Alizée without getting tired and i didn't know how to answer, the reason is probably Alizée is the kind of singer i always wanted to listen to, her music is my musical taste in a nutshell, Mes Courants Electriques for me is the best album i've ever listened to because it's energizing and combines a lot of instruments at the same time (the case of Toc de Mac), every song is completely different to the other, coeur deja pris is magic and its video clips are awesome (i prefer A contre courant video cause it's like the typical musical video of those times performed in a abandoned building and i love that! <3) so... Maybe the answer is that i ALWAYS listen to Alizée cause her music match with me and she as a person seems kind and sweet! (i write this lines cause i read jessica's letters and i really loved how she described Alizée's personality <3)

finally i want to say that i love this place, it lets me connect with Alizée (the person) even though i don't contribute a lot compared to other members, but i'm okay : D

à bientôt!

(Btw i love this piano cover of Toc de Mac http://soundcloud.com/velectrody/ali...e-megalizeecom) bye bye!

Story 1 (6/9/18)--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, i want to tell you guys about a story that have happened to me like 3 month ago:

first of all this is my actual collection of Alizée: http://www.dropbox.com/s/6uj9h9oluxq...24028.jpg?dl=0 (i know is pretty petit compared to other members collections)

I have a petit story with Mes courants electriques. When i bought Gourmandises my parents couldn't understand why a teenager would want a disk in 2018, back then every day before gourmandises arrived at my house my parents asked me the same thing, yeah it was pretty annoying, then they stopped days after the disc arrived but with Mes courants electriques was a bit different because when i bought it on Amazon my father didn't notice that he bought 2 copies instead one and he was suppeeeeer mad hahah, we couldn't return the second copy bought by mistake, the times passed and both arrived, i remember that day cause when i opened the box with the albums one of them was supeeeeeeeeeeeeer broken:

1.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/8r53erqzsdv...24145.jpg?dl=0

2.-http://www.dropbox.com/s/6o95x6apzql...24153.jpg?dl=0

But the other one was in pretty good conditions (the one you can see in the first link) this would sound rude but i'm happy that we bought a second copy by mistake because if the broken one arrives i would cry a lot, haha my father wants to return the broken MCE but maybe he will never do it.

this is my petit story (if my father doesn't return it by the time i'm gonna move to USA i'll grab the disk as mine haha, that's the only thing valuable there)

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 06-09-2018 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 06-16-2018, 10:23 PM

Salut mes amis!

I'm super happy today cause my Instagram page reached 50 followers and also I have to say thanks to Alizée cause she have helped me through music to my days, even though I couldn't listen to Mes courants électriques as i do everyday but I've been pretty busy so I know you understand ))), thanks Alizée!

I hope my french teacher recommended your songs to beginner people cause they really deserve such good music!

I hope Alizée can read my blog one day! Merci if you do!

Well I have to go to sleep because I'm tried but at least I could listen to Toc de mac so that's good

Baisers!
Old 06-17-2018, 10:27 PM

Default My story in europe

im gonna tell what happened when i was in europe and why i went there...

first of all, the backstory:

My grandfather born in Italy, he was an electrician. Before the ww2 there was a rumor which was if you got married with someone you didnt have to join the militia, so he got married with someone random but unfortunately he had to be part of the ww2 because that rumor was fake, so one day he was on his turn on duty he escaped, during that week he hid under the body of murdered people due to he wanted to be killed by german soldiers, he got into a ship as a intruder but the crew allowed him to stay, my grandfather did know where the boat was going so he ended in Venezuela fortunatelly.

He didn't have either passport nor money, fortunately back then Venezuela had a good economic situation and there were many italian groups here, one of those accepted him and (he didn't even know spanish at that moment) he started working as a electrician. Years after he met my grandmother in colombia, they got married and that's how my family ended in this continent haha.

In 2012 (i think) my mom earned enough money to gift us a travel to Europe because we wanted to know if my family is still there, so we took advantage that my uncle was a detective so he did an investigation and he ended up discovering that yeah our family is there but they don't know about our existence, they didn't even know what happened to my grandfather.

We started our trip to Europe, we went to Frankfurt, Germany and then Paris, France (we stayed there during the week of december 31th, it was awesome), after that we did a road trip from France to Italy we went to Milan, Rome and then we decided to visit the town where our family are supposed to live, we went there and is the typical town in a mountain, super beautiful, when we arrived there we asked for the family "Di Meo" and fortunately in those kind of places everyone knows everyone so the french old man told us about a place where maybe our family was, going there we saw a 40ish man walking down the street, he seemed tired, he was going home after playing football, so we asked him in english: "hello, do you know where does family di meo live?"

He was impressed maybe confused and he said: "I'm di meo"

and we were like:"wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooot:danc e:"

We told him: "We are your family who lives in latin america, Panfilo (was the name of my grandfather) survived! my mom is his daughter!"

He was even more confused and he invited us to his house, then he asked us to go to the basement because there is someone special who can corroborate our story, we went there and we found panfilo's brother, we showed him our album of photo where there were photos with Panfilo and us, he shouted out loud! and then they hugged us! it was an epic moment, maybe the best moment of my life.

After that hug they started to call every familiar and we got together at a family pizza shop (yes they had a pizza shop lol) and we told them what happened with panfilo! I even met 2 cousins there, i had a hard time trying to communicate with them haha.

Nowadays we receive some updates about them on emails, i'm happy that they're okay, hopefully we can visit them again

the end.

I hope you guys like it!

Last edited by Edsel Di Meo; 06-17-2018 at 10:34 PM..
Old 06-17-2018, 10:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

What an incredible story Edsel! Thank you for sharing it with us.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:03 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

This is a very interesting piece of your family history! I like history of all types, but I think learning about a person's family history is one of the most interesting.

Question: Your grandfather married somebody random in Italy, and then married in Venezuela. I am assuming he lost contact with his first wife after stowing away on the ship, or did he ever have to go through some kind of divorce process?

By the way, I don't blame him for wanting to get out of Italy and not fighting in that brutal war. My parents came out of war torn Europe and it wasn't a pretty sight.
Old 06-18-2018, 10:08 PM

Bonsoir! Comment allez-vous? Ca va bien

Wow today i finished reading a handbook of my philosophy class and wow!!!! i did understand a lot of stuff today, basically it talks about how the eastern people discovered that everything is connected and how we (western civilization) lasted and struggled to understand that, we started using their ideas cause we realized that there are problems that we cannot understand or solve without the idea of everything is a system.... Im no gonna spoil more you guys! but im really really impressed! tomorrow i have a discussion of this at 2 pm so wish me luck and success!!

P.D: im gonna listen to some toc de mac before going to sleep

bye bye!
Old 06-19-2018, 10:59 AM

VitaminAlizée333 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edsel Di Meo View Post
Bonsoir! Comment allez-vous? Ca va bien

Wow today i finished reading a handbook of my philosophy class and wow!!!! i did understand a lot of stuff today, basically it talks about how the eastern people discovered that everything is connected and how we (western civilization) lasted and struggled to understand that, we started using their ideas cause we realized that there are problems that we cannot understand or solve without the idea of everything is a system.... Im no gonna spoil more you guys! but im really really impressed! tomorrow i have a discussion of this at 2 pm so wish me luck and success!!

P.D: im gonna listen to some toc de mac before going to sleep

bye bye!

Great job sounds like you learned a lot!

Good luck!
Old 06-19-2018, 09:20 PM

Well i want to tell you guys how discovered Alizée's music:

In November of 2017 i was going through a really hard moment because i did something bad to a friend so i was super alone and sorry, back then my birthday was soon so my sadness almost made me desire to not have a birthday party and this one was special cause i was turning to eighteen. One day i was on my facebook timeline just reading memes and looking for a reason to be happy and this blog appeared (i'm not pretty sure this one was but the date is close so i'm gonna pretend that was this one, maybe it is):

https://gyazo.com/8b86e06ec7d4d62c38f8544120ac4088

When i read that post i was like "who's her?" and then i clicked and my god, i had a reason to live! it was Alizée!!!! I couldn't believe that someone was THAT beautiful, also i love that performance cause everything is prefect in it, the crowd is on point, her voice is omg, her movements!, her look!! i could describe hundred more things but these ones are the most important for me.

Then i looked on her Wikipedia bio too see who's her and how she was doing nowadays, i frankly got a bit sad when i read she left the music 3 years ago but i decided to be happy cause i felt a bit alive so i wanted to hear her albums, i don't remember what was the first album i listened to, but i remember that the first weeks i listened to MCE, Gourmandises and Psychedelices.

Every day for me changed since then so i said to myself that i wanted one of her albums because for me she is more than just an artist is like a symbol of freedom and she's even more than that! she was my reason to keep being happy! also back then i was going to travel alone for the first time from Venezuela to USA (houston) and i was going to stop first in Panamá and returning i stopped in Los Angeles so Alizée really helped me to be distracted and relaxed during the flights....

What i want to say with all of this is that Alizée changed my life so i wanted to advertise her music some way, what i did first was to join in some FB alizée groups and 3 month later i discovered this place. I confess that i was afraid that this kind of places were completely alone and abandoned, also i wanted to be accepted for you guys and i didn't know if you were going to accept me. Fortunatelly i met Ray and he seemed pretty kind and then i met every of you and i happy to be part of this project.

This is my story and i hope you guys liked it haha
Old 06-19-2018, 10:58 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Well i want to tell you guys how discovered Alizée's music:

In November of 2017 i was going through a really hard moment because i did something bad to a friend so i was super alone and sorry, back then my birthday was soon so my sadness almost made me desire to not have a birthday party and this one was special cause i was turning to eighteen. One day i was on my facebook timeline just reading memes and looking for a reason to be happy and this blog appeared (i'm not pretty sure this one was but the date is close so i'm gonna pretend that was this one, maybe it is):

https://gyazo.com/8b86e06ec7d4d62c38f8544120ac4088

When i read that post i was like "who's her?" and then i clicked and my god, i had a reason to live! it was Alizée!!!! I couldn't believe that someone was THAT beautiful, also i love that performance cause everything is prefect in it, the crowd is on point, her voice is omg, her movements!, her look!! i could describe hundred more things but these ones are the most important for me.

Then i looked on her Wikipedia bio too see who's her and how she was doing nowadays, i frankly got a bit sad when i read she left the music 3 years ago but i decided to be happy cause i felt a bit alive so i wanted to hear her albums, i don't remember what was the first album i listened to, but i remember that the first weeks i listened to MCE, Gourmandises and Psychedelices.

Every day for me changed since then so i said to myself that i wanted one of her albums because for me she is more than just an artist is like a symbol of freedom and she's even more than that! she was my reason to keep being happy! also back then i was going to travel alone for the first time from Venezuela to USA (houston) and i was going to stop first in Panamá and returning i stopped in Los Angeles so Alizée really helped me to be distracted and relaxed during the flights....

What i want to say with all of this is that Alizée changed my life so i wanted to advertise her music some way, what i did first was to join in some FB alizée groups and 3 month later i discovered this place. I confess that i was afraid that this kind of places were completely alone and abandoned, also i wanted to be accepted for you guys and i didn't know if you were going to accept me. Fortunatelly i met Ray and he seemed pretty kind and then i met every of you and i happy to be part of this project.

It's a great story Edsel and I'm sure there are many similar ones from the now and the past. I think there are a lot of people who were going through some tough times, who needed something beautiful in their lives, something exceptional and then they discovered Alizée and you can get any more beautiful or any more exceptional, or special, as Alizée.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:51 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I confess that i was afraid that this kind of places were completely alone and abandoned, also i wanted to be accepted for you guys and i didn't know if you were going to accept me. Fortunatelly i met Ray and he seemed pretty kind and then i met every of you and i happy to be part of this project.

Edsel, I think I can speak for the rest when I say this, but you are absolutely accepted just as you are on our forums. There is no reason to ever doubt that. It is obvious that Alizee is someone important to you, and you make a great addition here. Nationality and age does not matter, and even if you feel you are struggling with your English when you communicate with us, you do better than what you think!

Alizee just has that special something that seems to help people feel better and put a smile on their face. I had gone through tough times as well, and just seeing her face and smile, hearing her voice whether it be singing or talking, just makes me feel better.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:57 PM

Default My thought on Alizée's look during 2004

Bonsoir!! today i want to talk about what i think of ALizée's look during the emo /punk era haha

Im gonna talk about this photo only:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q9gv3u139m...zauzb.jpg?dl=0

That photo is the perfect resume of the years since 2002 - 2006

I like that photo cause it's the first one i see Jeremy with Alizée in one photo, the first thing i can't understand is why people wore her underwear out, like for some reason that was cool even though i like that outfit cause is "special" we're not going to see alizée or Jeremy underwear ever again so enjoy it...

The second thing is that back then in 2002 and even nowadays (but more discrete) the pants in fashion was the ones which are a bit tore, being frankly they look pretty good on Alizée for some reason. In 2018 you can see this pants on people at my age, they're more discrete than they were in the past. (i don't use that kind of pants but i cannot say that they're people who seems good wearing them)

Third thing is that i like Jeremy's look, for me he seems like the typical teenager cool guy who always go to the parties and the heart breaker of the college i also like his haircut, when i was 14yo i wanted to have it.

And the last thing is that they seemed cute as a couple tho, he was lucky and i think Alizee too, for me they were in those years like the typical teenager popular couples that we can see on tv in films like High School Musical and such.... Jeremy was the Troy Bolton and Alizée the Gabriella Montez of the french pop music ahahahah like the perfect couple.

this is all i wanted to say, pardonez-moi if you think this is stupid hahah

also i played this on piano today so you can listen to it (it's pretty simple i know, also please TURN DOWN THE VOLUME! if you don't want to get deaf )

P.D: Download the link and reproduce it as audio

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h61k3bc7ne...0031.opus?dl=0

bye bye! baisers! remember you are toc de mac!