Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 09-01-2014, 01:51 PM

Lucas is on a distinguished road
Default [2014-10-03] Concert for "La Marie-Do"

Alizée's concert for "La Marie-Do" - 3 October 2014 - Ajaccio

"ALIZÉE makes us the honour to offer us forward her first new show, with which will do a tour in the end of October! . . ."

source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 09-18-2014, 09:18 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Change of plans, the Marie-Do people announced that Alizée will not attend this event.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asso la Marie-Do
La MARIE DO tient à remercier ALIZEE qui ,pour des raisons indépendantes de sa volonté ,ne pourra se produire sous notre chapiteau .
Elle est une amie fidèle de notre association et nous sommes sûrs que ce n'est que partie remise !!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Translator App
The MARIE DO like to thank ALIZEE who, for reasons beyond his control, will not happen under our tent.
She is a loyal friend of our organization and we are sure this is only a postponement !!!!
Source - https://www.facebook.com/lamariedo/p...03661011264586
Old 09-19-2014, 11:10 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It's interesting that she wont be able to attend this event which is in the first week of october. If she was just going to take part in the DALS tour, then she'd have plenty of time to again be a part of this Marie-Do event. So they must be trying to find a way to make her a part of the DALS competition.

I guess a lot of people will look upon this as damage control. They had a decent album and they blew it and because of that, they blew the Tour and in the process pissed off a lot of her old fans who are used to it and a lot of her new fans which unfortunately for them, apparently didn't know her history.

Now they are trying to salvage something and they think they can do it with DALS and I have to believe that wont be the case and people will recognize it for what it is.

Last year, the DALS competition was an incredible story. The French people got to see what an beautiful dancer she was, but a bigger part of that was they got to see who she was as a person. When it looked like a couple of times that injury would cause her to drop out, she fought it off with the inner toughness she has. Then there was that great moment on the final day when it looked like Brahim and his partner would surely win, but Alizee with her new found fans some how pulled it out.

So there will be nothing new this year in no matter what role she plays, but I'm sure there will be stories of some of the other participants that will grab the lion's share of the fans interest.

I think all she can really get out of this is a little bit of an extension on her career, but nothing really meaningful. Maybe she'll be a judge next year, maybe a host on some other show, but I can't really forsee another album.

Now I think they could have made this Alizee Tour work, but now that they gave up on it, I don't see any way another Tour or that type of show will happen. The freshness of the 2013 DALs win is gone and no matter how many times she appears on that show and in what ever capacity she appears, it can never do for her what 2013 did. So by caving on her Tour, she gave up again on her meaningful career. I'm sure we'll see her plenty of times in this and that events but to see what I think we all want to see and that is to see her sing and dance to her own songs is a thing of the past.
Old 09-19-2014, 11:28 AM

Lucas is on a distinguished road

I don't think it has something to do with DALS
Old 09-19-2014, 06:39 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

If that's the case, unless she's doing a show of her very own, or at least a show where she is singing some of her own songs, by herself, it wont be able to undo the damage to her caused by cancelling the Tour.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:51 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Change of plans, the Marie-Do people announced that Alizée will not attend this event.

As shown above:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Translator App
The MARIE DO like to thank ALIZEE who, for reasons beyond his control, will not happen under our tent.
She is a loyal friend of our organization and we are sure this is only a postponement !!!!

There is the postponement word again. Apparently, this is a common expression to show that the current event is canceled, but that "we will meet again in the future."