Old 08-16-2017, 12:14 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road
Default Studio de danse Lyonnet-Ajaccio

Grégoire just announced the new danse studio on his IG

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX3GLPlHChb/

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregoirelyonnet
Grande nouvelle: Je vais ouvrir un nouveau studio de danse Lyonnet a Ajaccio!!! Avec Alizée nous avions ce projet depuis longtemps, ça se concrétise enfin pour la rentrée 2017. J'en profite aussi pour confirmer que je ne serai pas dans danse avec les stars la saison à venir.
Je donne des cours de danse depuis que j'ai 15 ans dans le studio de danse de mes parents et ce que j'ai envie de faire a l'heure actuelle c'est de transmettre la passion de la danse, apprendre a danser au plus grand nombre et faire progresser des danseurs de tout age...
Voila le programme de notre studio de danse.
La question est: Est ce que les Ajacciens vont danser aussi bien que les stars?
La réponse dans quelques mois ��

=========================================

Great news: I will open a new dance Lyonnet studio in Ajaccio !!! With Alizée this project we had a long time, it's finally getting back to 2017. I also want to confirm that I will not be in dancing with the stars next season. I give dance classes since I was 15 years in the dance studio of my parents and what I want to do at present is to convey the passion of the dance, learn to dance the greatest number and advance dancers of all ages ... Here is the program of our dance studio. The question is: Is the Ajacciens will dance as well as the stars? The answer in a few months

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 08-16-2017 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: add more content
Old 08-16-2017, 02:03 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Thx for the Info, sounds good.
so they are going to run the business together? What this will mean for Alizee, being involved full time?

Last edited by kulli; 08-16-2017 at 02:36 PM..
Old 08-16-2017, 02:45 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I heard about this from a friend on Facebook who seemed to be very concerned that it might dampen the chances for a new album. I don't think it will. I'm sure they'll still be in other engagements here and there, so they will have other instructors too I'm sure to give them that flexibility and if there comes the opportunity for an album, he can cover while she's in Paris during the week. It's not a positive thing as far as chances for another album, but this isn't the worst news we could've received.
Old 08-16-2017, 04:53 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I heard about this from a friend on Facebook who seemed to be very concerned that it might dampen the chances for a new album. I don't think it will. I'm sure they'll still be in other engagements here and there, so they will have other instructors too I'm sure to give them that flexibility and if there comes the opportunity for an album, he can cover while she's in Paris during the week. It's not a positive thing as far as chances for another album, but this isn't the worst news we could've received.

Stomach churning. This may also mean fewer public appearances. She could all but disappear from the Internet. Greg would, of course, want to advertise his dance studio, so there should be some public appearances. As much as Alizee loves Corsica, this might not be a good business decision. There are only 69,000 people in Ajaccio. A very small percent would want dance lessons. Traveling from other cities on the Island would be time consuming. It's not likely many, if any, students will come from the mainland. I wonder how many students they need to earn an acceptable income. The cost of living in Ajaccio is probably not very high. A reduced income may not bother Alizee. Aside from some fashion accessories, she has always lived a modest existence. Having been the center of attention most of her life, I wonder how she will adjust to a more reclusive existence. Again this is probably not a problem as she is a very private person. The worst impact will be on her fans.

There's also the--hopeful--possibility, she will get bored and decide to cut an album.

After all is said and done, I think the party is over.
Old 08-16-2017, 05:57 PM

Well we have so little to go on at this point that there is no sense in worrying. I think she could easily fit an album into her schedule, that's if she wanted to. I think we need to wait until there is some announcement from them or some interview that clarifies what exactly this business decision means, to their careers.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Fan Standing

I'm sure Alizée is very excited about the project. I am happiest when Alizée is happy.
Old 08-16-2017, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
I'm sure Alizée is very excited about the project. I am happiest when Alizée is happy.
I think you might have a sense of where the new school will be located????
Old 08-16-2017, 09:47 PM
Last Fan Standing

Quote:
I think you might have a sense of where the new school will be located????
Nope. No idea. I'd probably open it out where all the sprawl is occurring though rather than downtown. Probably cheaper space there, and not stuck in an old ground floor unit with support pillars everywhere. Closer to the Palatinu for shows.
Old 08-17-2017, 12:01 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepherd View Post
Stomach churning. There are only 69,000 people in Ajaccio. A very small percent would want dance lessons. Traveling from other cities on the Island would be time consuming. It's not likely many, if any, students will come from the mainland. I wonder how many students they need to earn an acceptable income. The cost of living in Ajaccio is probably not very high.
There are many issues that Alizée and Greg have probably gone over before deciding to open the studio. One Ajaccio is not cheap to live in. Everything is pretty much imported from the mainland. Many travel guides tell you if you want to buy something wait until you're back in France proper because almost everything on the island is 30% more. The cost of property and even renting is very expensive on Corsica, especially in the larger population centers like Ajaccio. real-estate-ajaccio/for-sell-ajaccio

The other issue is the average Corsician makes around $37,700 (32,000€) a year in due to the economy being largely based on tourism and fishing. Forty percent of Corsica's total income (GDP) comes from Paris through Government handouts and subsidies.

Students are going to come due to the fact it's Alizée and Greg, winners of the 2013 DALS. I don't think there is anyone running a dance studio in Ajaccio that has Greg's background and the number of awards he's acquired for his dance skills. Plus Greg has his families years of experience running a successful dance school to lean on to make it work.

The only issue that you brought up that has been discussed before, is there are number of established dance schools in Ajaccio already. The problem is gaining new students not already affiliated with another school and how many students can they really poach from those other schools.

It all comes down to X number of students at Y€ per month tuition, minus monthly over head costs.

Edit: Link to Alizée and Greg's Ajaccio Dance Studio Facebook page. facebook.com/studiodedanselyonnet/

Last edited by ALS; 08-17-2017 at 12:16 AM..
Old 08-17-2017, 01:57 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I doubt she'll do an new album any time soon. She didn't really do anything in the music business since the last album in 2014. She said herself a few years ago that she's not in the mood to do another album. Also she doesn't have a label or a contract so where should she do the album? Who will support her financially?

Since then she got married, she's probably planning to have another baby and to be honest the dance school sounds like a good way to settle down. If the school works well she would have her work place just around the corner, would have an income that doesn't depend on the success of albums only her loyal fans buy, and she would have enough time for her family and maybe for a new baby was well.

She prefers dancing over music, she always did. When she originally applied for "Graines de stars" she wanted to get in the show as a dancer but there weren't any places left so she became a singer instead. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure she loves to be a singer but her true passion is dancing. And now with Grégoire she can make her true passion her job.

Don't get me wrong, I also want a new album, I really really want one. I will always prefer Alizée her singer. I miss her performances. All I ever wanted was a "real" Alizée concert. Myself in the audience, singing alone and screaming. I'm just trying to be realistic. And I'm happy as long she's happy.

But I wonder about something else... if Greg left DALS will he still be part of the DALS tours or not? When he took a break from the show for the first time he was only one of the professional dancers during the tour and had also some extra dances with Alizée. But now? Will DALS still agree to make him part of the tour if he quits? And if they don't... does that mean Alizée might have some free time in January to come back to the Enfoirés? Or will she now spend all her time in the dance school? Who knows...