Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road
Exclamation AAm LIVE Chat Party - "Metalizée" \m/. - Sun. June 28 4pm EST/1pm PST!

Hello Lilly Town people! Announcing a slight change to the chat party/podcast recording schedule: though initially we were set to do MCE Thunderdome next week, for a variety of reasons it looks like we will be recording the long-awaited Metalizée episode instead. (MCE Thunderdome will be bumped to the weekend of July 11/12, time TBA.)

Led by our resident metalheads TheBarrett, jung_adore_alizee, and company, this will be a round table discussion about the seemingly odd convergence between fans of hardcore heavy metal and frothy french pop (as sung by a certain Corsican cutie). You can learn more about their plans for the discussion in this thread here!

This will be an interesting one. I honestly have no idea what to expect. With Barrett and Jung in charge, though, it ought to be a wild ride if nothing else!

Hope to see everybody there. LET THE FIRES BURN THROUGH!

---

"How do I join?" you ask?

It's actually pretty easy. All you need is a headset & mic (or just a mic and your computer speakers), and to download the Ventrilo client. Then you configure a few settings (really easy to do), connect to the server, and you're off to the races.

Click here to read a really easy-to-follow tutorial that Tomtentp wrote up about it, complete with screenshots! Or just watch the video below!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tzPtst-tpJc&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature =player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

The settings for the Vent server that Jung has set up for AAm are as follows:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
Hostname IP: missouri.ventriloservers.biz
Port Number: 3798
Once you're in, all you have to do is click on the 'Video Commentary' room to join, and press the left CTRL key to talk!

Questions? Concerns? Problems setting up or connecting to Vent? Go ahead and ask below!

Thanks guys! Hope to see everybody there!

Last edited by Ruroshen; 06-21-2009 at 10:25 PM..
Old 06-22-2009, 02:15 PM
Logical Progression

Tomtentp is on a distinguished road

Anticipations through the roof.
LET THE FIRES BURN THROUGH!!!11111!1!!11

... I see avatar people...

L´Ordre D'Alizée!
Old 06-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Outline:

-Introduction to subject (courtesy of our Canadian fellowman)
-Introduction of all attending people.
-Description of the ideologies and beginnings of the podcast idea

Subject Matter 1: (B and J's rant on the beginnings of metalhead rise in Alizée communities)

-Occasional discussion on certain topics brought forth during the paragraph.
-The concept of similarities between Alizée music and certain Metal music.
-Discussing the many possible reasons why a gangrel group of metalfans could fall for such a French Pop Fairywoman.

Subject Matter 2: (Addressing the many questions about metal from the non metal community)
Includes:
-Addressing stereotypes against certain metal idolizations and criticisms
-Addressing the common mistake of classifying the metal genre into ONE certain sound.
-Discussing common misconceptions of "The Metalhead"
-Insulting those who do not hold true to the pure ideologies of "The Metalhead"

Subject Matter 3: (The Community Speaks)
-People who are not fans of metal (yet) discuss their experiences sharing a board with a whole lot of them.
-A better understanding between both communities should be established through common discussion.
-The "Mainstream" and "Underground" factors, and where Alizée exactly fits in the whole bloody situation.

Subject Matter 4: (Theoretical Comparison)
-Discussing the certain sounds and nuances between certain forms of Metal and Laurent's/J-man's/whoever compositions.

Subject Matter End: (The Musical Exchange)
-Use the chatbox to introduce each individual's pick on what the rest of the community should save to listen to. It could expand from trance, pop, hippity hop, country, rock and roll, metal, etc. It's a great chance for everyone to open their minds and intake a whole new world of new music or music they might have an idea of!
Old 06-22-2009, 06:49 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Wow, that sounds really interesting, I am wondering how a big metalhead like Barrett fell into listening to a pop singer like Alizée along with all the other metalheads out there, guess I will find out , looking forward to listening to it once its out, sorry I won't be able to make it to it.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!
Old 06-22-2009, 07:21 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
Outline:
Looks good. Though again, while addressing misconceptions is ok, proselytizing isn't. This isn't the critique and defend metal podcast. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, we're just here to ask "why metal and Alizée?"

Also I see a lot of comparing music. That's cool, though I can't speak to it much (just a few personal connections). My thoughts on this are mainly psychological/sociological. I.E., what makes a metal fan, especially a foreign (non-French) one, more likely to discover and like Alizée, or vice-versa. I also have some stuff to say about the "metalness" of Mylene Farmer's universe. Again not so much the music, but the images and themes she deals with.

Where's the best place for that stuff in the outline? The end of subject one? The start of four?
Old 06-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben View Post
Looks good. Though again, while addressing misconceptions is ok, proselytizing isn't. This isn't the critique and defend metal podcast. Everyone's entitled to their opinion, we're just here to ask "why metal and Alizée?"

Also I see a lot of comparing music. That's cool, though I can't speak to it much (just a few personal connections). My thoughts on this are mainly psychological / sociological. I.E., what makes a metal fan, especially a foreign (non-French) one, more likely to discover and like Alizée, or vice-versa. I also have some stuff to say about the "metalness" of Mylene Farmer's universe. Again not so much the music, but the images and themes she deals with.

Where's the best place for that stuff in the outline? The end of subject one? The start of four?
Sounds good. Four is mostly the die out section.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:04 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

woot I suppose I should get my mic working as I am part of subject matter 1

Old 06-22-2009, 08:59 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chommpers View Post
Wow, that sounds really interesting, I am wondering how a big metalhead like Barrett fell into listening to a pop singer like Alizée along with all the other metalheads out there, guess I will find out , looking forward to listening to it once its out, sorry I won't be able to make it to it.
Well, Chommpers, I have to congratulate you on 1,000 posts ! ! ! I hope there will be many thousands more ! ! ! I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't been on Twitter...
Old 06-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Oh yeah congrtz man.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 PM
Sunglasses wearing bloke

Chommpers is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys Been two years but I finally hit 1,000 and I am sure I will be here for many more, my fandom hasn't died and I don't expect it to especially with the great fan base here.

^ By the beautifully creative Amelie! Merci!

Tags
chat party, metalizee, podcast