Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > The AAm Project

Old 04-18-2010, 11:13 PM
Lili Loyal

paintballpdh19 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
He didn't tell Alizée she should go on the show; instead he worked to get the show to INVITE her to take part.
this is the key!! if Alizee sees that shows are interested and they want her for an interview, she will be more likely to come over because that means that people are becoming more and more interested in her. this is a much better plan then having her create a whole new fan base by coming over here on her own.

Last edited by paintballpdh19; 04-18-2010 at 11:17 PM..
Old 04-18-2010, 11:32 PM

MYGOGT is on a distinguished road
Default Prototype promotion decal

Here is the prototype for the left side rear bumper. I will add ALIZEERADIO.COM to the right side. And I am changing it to reflective black so it illuminates when headlights hit it.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...e/100_9669.jpg
Old 04-18-2010, 11:34 PM
Lili Loyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYGOGT View Post
Here is the prototype for the left side rear bumper. I will add ALIZEERADIO.COM to the right side. And I am changing it to reflective black so it illuminates when headlights hit it.
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...e/100_9669.jpg
thats freakin' SWEET! i might just have to look into getting one like that! how'd u make it?
Old 04-18-2010, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
thats freakin' SWEET! i might just have to look into getting one like that! how'd u make it?
I actually made it with individual 1" vinyl letters spaced 4mm apart. I will be getting it made out of better vinyl on transfer paper to make it much faster to install.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:45 PM

sumi1 is on a distinguished road

That's AWESOME MYGOGT!!!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:46 PM
Lili Loyal

Quote:
I actually made it with individual 1" vinyl letters spaced 4mm apart. I will be getting it made out of better vinyl on transfer paper to make it much faster to install.
it looks like so professionally done because of the perfect spacing and straight line.... i kno if i did it then it would look like crap.... but urs is amazing!! it was a great idea!!
Old 04-18-2010, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballpdh19 View Post
it looks like so professionally done because of the perfect spacing and straight line.... i kno if i did it then it would look like crap.... but urs is amazing!! it was a great idea!!
Once I make the real one on the transfer paper all the spacing will be automatic. You just lay it in place, press it down, and peel the paper off. The prototype took over an hour. That is way too long. I'll see if I can get a sweet deal on a bunch.

Last edited by MYGOGT; 04-18-2010 at 11:54 PM..
Old 04-19-2010, 12:02 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by docdtv View Post
.... On the other hand, perhaps we can help foster more intimate US "auditions" which get her the attention of people who CAN help her - like Broadway producers and Madison Avenue advertisers. That's why I like Scruffy's "start small" approach - but want us to concentrate on New York City, especially so because UEdS is set there and may open doors on account of the vanity of all "home town" audiences - even in the biggest of towns.

I will now propose a plan of action. But even if it completely fails in serving the stated ambition, it could still prove helpful to Alizée by helping her make more disk and download sales in the United States.

You are of course aware of social networking sites - such as Alizée's new Facebook entity - which provide a virtual connection between people, even if they remain continents aparts. But are you also aware about the use of such Web sites for coordinating LOCAL, in-person meetings?

I have a membership in such a site complex, called meetup.com Perhaps you do, too. Are you aware that among its various species of sites are language groups? The collection of French language groups are listed on http://french.meetup.com/all/ They come in all sizes, with over 200 of them boasting at least 100 members. Most of the largest ones are based in the United States, but Britain and Canada are represented as well. The very largest group just happens to be in New York City, viz. "original manhattan french language meetup," with over 3600 (locally-based!) members. If the biggest problem with getting enough Americans together to meet with Alizée in person is the language barrier, then leverage of a group like this offers relief!

I would suggest that wherever you live, you explore if there is a French language meetup group near you to join. If you want to start bending the ear of neighbors about how cool Alizée is, they are fine places to start - as well as find candidates for any Alizée parties you might hope to throw. And if you cannot get a quorum up for Alizée, then try to assemble one for French singers in general, within which you can promote your personal favorite. In general, there is no charge to join a group and typically no charge to attend most meetings. You can start to explore a group by checking out its Web site, which generally includes an archive of previous meetings, as well as discussion boards and member biography pages. Wouldn't it be nice if you could make new friends and promote the sale of Alizée stuff, too? Don't forget to mention Alizée's new radio station at AlizeeRadio.com

Now, on to the vain ambition of a long road to glory in New York City.

As we all know, Ben is a television professional living there; how many others in AAm call the city home? Ben, do you belong to any francophone groups in or near the city? Did you ever consider joining "original manhattan french language meetup," - assuming you knew of it? Perhaps there already are some Alizée fans among its 3600-plus registrants who would love to know that Alizée America exists - and maybe would lend a hand on the ground in the city itself. You could even introduce others within its folds to Alizée.

As I outlined previously, a dream is that one day it proves possible to book Alizée to perform at the 400-seat theater of the French Institute Alliance Française in Manhattan. Becoming active in the meetup group could provide the means by which the dream can become a reality and introduce Alizée to professional people in the city who might help her make her way forward there.

As a lay person, I was very impressed how Alizée's people got her so many mass-media interviews in France to promote UEdS! I wonder what is happening in Mexico along these lines.

While I don't want to sell the USA short, when her main publicity push is over and she has recovered, perhaps Alizée would also consent to an interview by Scruffy's San Francisco French TV station. Recall the events to date:...
WOW!

I must have missed your previous posting wherein you mentioned French Institute Alliance Française. I had scanned around the City for a venue that might work for her. This place would be perfect.

If she were invited over to this type of venue, it would be just the type of venue that she might accept. Her history has demonstrated that she prefers to perform in 2,000+ seat theaters, however, as this is the USA, and she realizes that she may have to start smaller here, she just might go for a multi-night appearance. She obviously has an interest in New York. This would get her into New York, at a venue she would feel right at home at, with the possibility of being exposed to the right people in NY.

There would of course have to be an after-party...
Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
Lili Loyal

Quote:
Once I make the real one on the transfer paper all the spacing will be automatic. You just lay it in place, press it down, and peel the paper off. The prototype took over an hour. That is way too long. I'll see if I can get a sweet deal on a bunch.
that would be great! i would totally buy one or two!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:47 PM
Life's a beach & then you dive

FanDeAliFee is on a distinguished road
Smile The Manhattan beachhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
WOW!

I must have missed your previous posting wherein you mentioned French Institute Alliance Française. I had scanned around the City for a venue that might work for her. This place would be perfect...
Since you get down to the City to buy Japanese cookies now and then, I take it that, like Ben, you are a candidate for membership in one or more of the French language meetup groups there. WiIl you give it a try? Do you know other people in AAm who live nearby?

Surely if there are other francophone places in the City of interest, some of the meetup group people know about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
There would of course have to be an after-party...
Yes, I can't imagine there would not be a reception in such an intimate setting. My hope is that it would allow Alizée to make useful professional contacts in New York City BEYOND those know French. Isn't that what we want to make possible?

Maybe you can see Roman's tattoo artist and find out how much he charges for a design that says "Big-time Broadway producer. No kidding!"