Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 05-26-2009, 06:17 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default I have a problem with the new style

It took me awhile to figure out why I wasn't getting thrilled with the new look.
It wasn't until Ben put up the new picture on the home page that it finally dawned on me what was bothering me with the new hair style.

It's not the cut it is the color that is bothering me. It is too dark to bring out Alizée's beauty. I think it would look a lot better if she lightened it up a few shades. The hair color of Mademoiselle Juliette and Fifty Sixty videos and performances would be a change for the better.

The dark color looks too Gothic on our little one.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

i agree with the whole too dark thingy.

though i was hoping shed keep the lolita type took, i liked the psychedelices look too.. but the new one, while more french like, is too gothic as ya put it.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 PM
n

Karlalizee is on a distinguished road

i had my hair styled darker and with bangs. not sure if i am going to keep it but i like it for now.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

You are aware it could be the lighting.
Dark hair is absolutely stunning if complemented with the right hairstyle.
This statement coming from a proud sporter of jet black hair.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:21 PM
Lovin Lili Cool B

LL Cool B is on a distinguished road

Everything I have recently observed directly, (Hair, make up, clothes, etc.) and indirectly (who she is associating with, music stylings that may be shaping her new album, new tat rumor) lead me to one conclusion. Our little cuttie pie is finding a new niche. I think that maybe Psychedelices lack of success was a wake up call for her, and it opened the door for her to pursue her true style, not just what will (supposedly) sell records and fill concert halls.

I say good for her! Bad for anyone still yearning for the "Lolita".

That's all I've got to say about that.

-B

Alizee is my Constant

Last edited by LL Cool B; 05-26-2009 at 07:33 PM..
Old 05-26-2009, 07:41 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

As Barrett implied it could be the lighting. For me, I think it may be the actual cut itself. IDK, it's too... Egyptian? I always did like her MCE era style(s).

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 05-26-2009, 08:08 PM
Im a 100% Sone

Srbski-kralj is on a distinguished road

Im a big fan of blondes, but the ddark hair on Alizee looks preaty good. Liek some of u said it might be littel bit dark, but it works for her especualy with the bangs.
Old 05-26-2009, 08:21 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
As Barrett implied it could be the lighting. For me, I think it may be the actual cut itself. IDK, it's too... Egyptian? I always did like her MCE era style(s).
I’ve always been more partial to the MCE era styles too. They seem to be more natural, loose and flowing. This new style has a shape that seems more rigidly defined, almost “artificial”. My own personal feeling is that Alizée looks her best when her hair and makeup appear more “natural”, because it seems more in line with her natural beauty. As far as color goes, she has had dark hair in the past that looked great to me. I think it really depends on the style. Look at the Fun TV interview or her Ella, Elle l'a performance. It was pretty dark then.

From Alizée's perspective, I'm sure she just enjoys changing it from time to time. She seems to change it for each single released, as if she's looking for a new look for each song. When her new album comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if it will be changing a few more times...
Old 05-26-2009, 08:26 PM
:)

Jeff is on a distinguished road

as long as shes on the front page I'm happy =)
Old 05-26-2009, 09:52 PM
Get in,sit down,HANG ON!!

Alizée,Angel of Ajaccio.. is on a distinguished road

Like the weather Alizée is.....just wait a few minutos.

Ok, here is a photo of a rehearsal at Aguascalientes on either April 17th or 18th of 2009(credit to lefty12357):

And here's the photo that Ben has on the home page which was definitely taken at Aguas on the night of April 18, 2009:

As others have stated (and I as well on the 19th of April, 2009), the lighting was a factor in Lili's appearance. There seemed to be alot of blue color in the lights, resulting in more of a pale look.

As you can see in the rehearsal photo she has a more natural skin tone overall.

As well as the aforementioned, most of us have grown accustomed to seeing the Petite Mastermind (Zero credit to Ruro) with some degree of tan, but at least for now she appears to be boycotting the Sun, hence the following(Credit to Mavs and Sir Wood):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
If you are referring to this one:

It's from fashion designer Marc Jacobs' "Protect The Skin You're In" and "Protect Your Largest Member" campaign collection against skin cancer -- found on his site under "Special Items" ( http://www.marcjacobs.com/ ). *BTW, the model is Marc Jacobs himself.