Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Other Subjects > Off Topic

Old 04-08-2017, 03:04 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road
Default Riot at Marine Le Pen Ajaccio Rally – Brawl with Supporters

Skirmishes broke out on Saturday ahead of a campaign rally by French far-right leader Marine Le Pen, prompting the removal of more than a dozen protesters and the evacuation of the hall in Ajaccio, Corsica.

Latest polls ahead of the April-May French presidential election show the race tightening, with Le Pen – leader of the anti-immigrant National Front – neck-and-neck with centrist Emmanuel Macron, who is expected to beat her in the runoff.

Around 50 people demonstrated in front of the venue in Ajaccio, chanting “We do not want the National Front”, according to local newspaper Corse Matin.

Some of them managed to enter the hall where Le Pen was expected to speak. They clashed with Le Pen’s security team and fired teargas, prompting the evacuation of the hall, the newspaper said.

violent-leftists-riot-marine-le-pen-ajaccio-rally-brawl-supporters-video/
Old 04-08-2017, 04:38 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I'm sure you've all heard the name George Soros. He's a very wealthy man worth about 25 billion dollars. It's alleged he along with others in this country paid people to disrupt Trump campaign events during the recent elections. It's also alleged that he's been doing much the same thing in Montenegro. Could he be behind what happened in Corsica? I think it's very possible. He's trying to shape the "world" into the type of society he thinks it should be.

EDIT:

Doing a little more research on this protest and it looks like this protest might have been more about the liberation of Corsica than other major events going on in mainland France.

http://www.uribombu.corsica/?p=2423

".......Never will we let this party, whose former leader had demanded the death penalty for the Corsican political prisoners, come safely to our country..........."

Lanfranchi Blanche Jean Baptiste posted this today in FB....

"In the wake of the incidents that day to aiacciu, Corsica Libera gives its support to the young militants, separatists, who oppose the dissemination in our country of ideological venom distilled by the national front party, French Anti-Corsica, including former Leader had asked for the death penalty for our resilient, called a "terrorist".

The Nervis of service who dare to attack our youth must know that they will always find in front of them a people ready to defend all its freedoms. Beyond ideological peer, our culture, our history, our national conscience, while we will reject always totalitarianism, and the noise of the boots."

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 04-08-2017 at 06:13 PM..
Old 04-10-2017, 10:34 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

In the past few months, on FB, I've been very supportive of Le Pen, because of her tough stance on immigration. Of course French politics encompasses a lot more than immigration and what I don't know about it is a lot more than I do know.

So in recent days, I've seen posts by "Lanfranchi Blanche Jean Baptiste", on FB which are three seperate people in Ajaccio who are opposed to Le Pen because her FN party is opposed to the liberation of Corsica.

So I sent her (them) a message via FB asking if there is a candidate the people in Corsica who want liberation from France, favor. I got the following reply and I hope she doesn't mind me sharing it here.

Pour nous nationaliste corse on ne vote pas à la présidentielle française marine Le Pen c pas très bon pour nous en corse et pour la France non plus je n aime pas cette politique ici en corse l immigration n est pas un grand problème la corse à toujours été une terre de asile pendant la guerre aucun juif n à été déporté les habitants on protège cette communauté et puis la France a toujours été un pays colonisateur le problème de l immigration et un problème mondiale ou beaucoup de pays pauvre creve de faim la corse ne sera pas libre avant longtemps sous pascal paoli nous avons été indépendant pendant 20 ans les femmes votaient déjà et votre constitution des etas unis à été inspiré de celle de Pascal paoli voilà en gros donc je ne soutiendrai aucun candidat cordialement à vous

Which Google translates interprets as....

"For us Corsican nationalist we do not vote in the French presidential navy Le Pen c not very good for us in Corsica and for France either I do not like this policy here in Corsica immigration is not a big problem Corsica always Was a land of asylum during the war no Jew was deported the inhabitants are protected this community and then France has always been a colonizing country the problem of immigration and a world problem or many poor countries hunger Corsica does not Will not be free before long under pascal paoli we have been independent for 20 years the women were already voting and your constitution of the united was inspired by that of Pascal paoli that is basically so I will not support any candidate cordially to you"

Now it sounds like almost a rebuke, but I don't think they meant it that way. I think they're just saying that politics is a deep subject. Within Corsica, there is probably division even amongst those who are in favor of liberation as to who the best candidate is and so it can not be discussed cordially via a FB message.

This Pascal Paoli who I read briefly about in Wikipedia sounds like a very interesting man I will read more about him in the next week.