Sunny Season instrumental 5'25''

Charts

France : number 1
Germany : number 43
Austria : number 52
Walloon area of Belgium : number 5
The Netherlands : number 63
Switzerland : number 23

Sales (France) : 572 000 (platinium disc)

Televised appearances (nonexhaustive list)

Hit Machine (M6)
2 December 2000
Vivement dimanche (France 2)
3 December 2000
Téléthon (France 2)
9 December 2000
Les petits princes (TF1)
16 December 2000
Petits anges d'un soir (France 2)
26 December 2000
Le Grand hit (M6)

28 December 2000
Dansez maintenant (France 2)
13 January 2001
Vidéo gag (TF1)
13 January 2001
NRJ Music Awards (TF1)
20 January 2001
The Dome 21 (RTL2- Germany)
10 March 2002
Bravo Super Show (RTL- Germany)
23 March 2002
Top of the pops (RTL- Germany)
6 April 2002

The music video

Director : Pierre Stine
Duration : 3'45''

This music video was shot in a film studio, near Brussels, in Belgium. It looks like Alizée's first album, released at the same time : pink, pink, pink ! Just for remind us that Alizée is a young girl, soap bubbles flood the set. But a little goes a long way. At the moment, she is keeping the clumsiness inherent in the adolesence - neither woman nor child - who plays in the major league with her fragility and childish mischief. Thus, like a bull in a china shop, she breaks everything in her paths. This bubbles' hunt can be interpreted too as the gust "Alizée" blowing the French music landscape : the master word of this song is to play with the first name of the singer. By this way, the young woman with a name of wind can be just as breeze as storm : she caresses the bubbles as well as she bursts them. A message, like a threat : be carefull of Alizée !

The song

Lyrics : Mylène Farmer
Music : Laurent Boutonnat
Duration : 4'15''

The lyrics of this song was the first to be written especially for Alizée. So, it is logical that they are closer to what she is, especially since it consists in describing her personnality. The semantic field chosen is the wind, in reference to the first name of the singer. Alizée admits that she has everything to learn ("C'est OK, je suis aux portes de ma vie" : 'it's Ok, I'm at the gates of my life"), but she doesn't want to be underestimated for all that ("Arrêtez de dire que l'adolescence c'est qu'on n'sait pas" : "Stop saying that the adolescence it's that we don't know"). Her loves are maybe not adults relations, but they are love stories anyway ! She asserts her starry-eyed side ("C'est un souffle, c'est doux un vent d'amour" : "it's a breathe, it's sweet a wind of love") et claims to be fickle ("J'embrasse toute une armée de rêves et de bleuets" : "I embrace a whole army of dreams and cornflowers"). Sentimental before all, she affirms her strong character ("ce qu'elle veut, Alizée l'a toujours" : "What she wants, Alizée always has"). She especially knows what she doesn't want : the young woman gladly lays down, but only in her Eden garden, which doors will stay closed ("je sais que cet hymen durera longtemps" : "I know that this hymen will last a long time"). It remains to be seen what she wants to preserve so much here...

Very very cool Lizbel. Merci beaucoup.

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 08-30-2010, 02:43 PM

Lizbel is on a distinguished road

A new article :-).

Parler tout bas

Available in :

2 tracks CD

Release date (France) : 21 April 2001

Remixes

radio edit 3'55''
instrumental 4'35''

Charts

France : number 12
Walloon area of Belgium : number 15

Sales (France) : 174 000 (silver disc)

Televised appearances (nonexhaustive list)

Tapis rouge (France 2)
31 March 2001
Hit Machine (M6)
21 April 2001
Drôle de petits champions (TF1)
4 May 2001
Star à domicile (TF1)
1 June 2001
Graine de stars (M6)
6 July 2001
Le Grand hit (M6)
12 July 2001
Plein Soleil (France 2)
19 July 2001

The music video

Director : Laurent Boutonnat
Duration : 4'05''

Of all the music videos, this one is with no contest the most accomplished, the most interesting and, we risk telling that, the most adult. Shooted totally outdoor, it needed two days of shooting next to Senlis, in the Oise.
We can see Alizée between two worlds : in her bedroom, and at the same time outside. As if informing (one more time !) that she is evolving somewhere between childhood and adults' world. Several reasons explain that fact : she is a teenager, so she is between the two states, but she is also a young woman who lives with adults in Paris and is back to his teenage life in Corsica. In the music video, her child bedroom doesn't have a proud look. It looks more like a toy cemetary than a page of a catalog Ikea for a model family.
Moreover, in this rainy day, Alizée decides to go burry officially his teddy bear and, with it, a part of her childhood. The reason : the handsome hunk who chased after her in the music video of "Moi... Lolita". With him, the young woman feel like becoming a woman. But passing the mark is so difficult ! Moreover, even when she embrace her lover, her dolls aren't far and keep watching over her.

The song

Lyrics : Mylène Farmer
Music : Laurent Boutonnat
Duration : 4'35''

Like in the huge majority of the songs that Mylène writes for her, Alizée sings here the development of her life, like a tunnel that takes Alizée to the adult age. She makes her first steps in the world of adults, but sometimes, when a kind of sadness takes hold of her ("Les jours de pluie" : "The rainy days") or when the adults are too harsh ("Les grands ont des rires qui vous giflent en passant" : "the grown-up have laughs that slap you while passing"), she needs to come back to the imaginary world of childhood, towards her toys, in particular her dear teddy bear. This little plush boy seems to help her a lot with its "ventre rond" ("plump stomach") and its "yeux profonds" ("deep eyes"). This song is a real love declaration to this teddy bear ("je voudrais dire, pas pour de rire, même si c'est con... Je l'aime, lui" --> "I want to say, even if it's stupid... I love Him*»). Alizée even confesses that, once she is adult, she will never be separated of it ("Son amitié, c'est dur à dire, dure toute la vie..." --> "Its friendship, it's hard to say, lasts forever...").

Old 08-30-2010, 02:49 PM
Merci Alizée

Thanks Lizbel.
Old 08-30-2010, 05:07 PM
Psychédélices era fan.

Marquis<3Alizée is on a distinguished road

Merci beaucoup Lizbel!!!

Merci beaucoup Alizée for everything!

http://www.youtube.com/user/limelight8494
Old 09-01-2010, 11:49 AM

Lizbel is on a distinguished road

Thanks to you, I'm so sorry for the poor quality of my translations, but I do my best ;-).
Old 09-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizbel View Post
Thanks to you, I'm so sorry for the poor quality of my translations, but I do my best ;-).
We appreciate it very much! Thanks Lizbel, you're awesome

Tags
alizee, gourmandises, mes courants electriques, star one, tour