Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-29-2006, 09:57 PM

Seapaddler is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadioactiveMan View Post
I forgot to ask in my first post, but where was her music released here? Are you referring to in Vancouver? If so, I'm interested to know what stores it was in. Or are you referring to a different part of Canada?
I'm not sure if her singles were ever released in Canada but her albums were due to French speaking Quebec. The Québécois are good for something eh lol.

I went into an HMV recently in Burnaby (near Vancouver) and ordered all three, costs over $80.00. Although not stocked in stores in the West, most likely would be carried in Quebec stores. Both albums can be attained in a few days but the En Concert DVD is not stocked in Canada and still an import and will take a few weeks. Gourmandises was 22.99, Mes Courants Électriques was 27.99 and Alizée En Concert was 29.99 CAD.

Last edited by Seapaddler; 11-29-2006 at 10:03 PM..
Old 11-29-2006, 09:59 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

I know your probably asking Seapaddler but I ordered the Canadian release of the I'm not Twenty remixes from an independent store in BC (through Amazon.ca but it was the only copy they said they had), but the Gourmandises album was available here at Zellers (small city wasn't much other choice for CD's back then) in northern New Brunswick, right on Québec's border so they always have lots of French music available, but I never saw any copies of the CD's in stores in Halifax before coming home, but I wasn't looking for it either. And MCE and all the other CD's are only available as imports in Canada as far as I know. But I don't think any major store chains bothered to carry Gourmandises outside of the French regions in and around Québec.

EDIT: Those are really pricey Seapaddler, now I feel bad for buying Gourmandises on sale for about $15 back in 2001, and wish I would have known my copy was missing when I saw it again for only $12 a couple of months ago.

Last edited by Twitch; 11-29-2006 at 10:01 PM..
Old 11-29-2006, 10:10 PM

Yeah they were pricey, I assumed they were becoming more rare. When you visit Amazon or HMV online you see New/Used prices and the New ones were always pricey. Are they still being produced in France?
Old 11-29-2006, 10:30 PM

Twitch is on a distinguished road

I think so, but you always pay extra for imports because of the extra costs involved that get passed on to you, and once the overstock of the Canadian release of Gourmandises is gone, might be already since prices are going up, they will have to import that one as well, unless Universal Canada releases more, but I don't think they will bother because there isn't that much of a demand(like with Amazon.ca a few months ago they had it listed new for about $12CDN from Amazon.ca, but now its around$20CDN and up from 3rd party sellers and the label is Universal International). Just like with the I'm not Twenty remixes which only cost me about $6-7 CDN (why I bought it), once the copies released in Canada are gone you will probably have to pay more for it.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:02 PM
Fan d'Alizée (pour toujour)

CFHollister is on a distinguished road

I'm very much an initiate to Alizee. It's been barely a week since I really got to know about her. My first real experience (which I go into a bit on the "What's your favorite Alizee song, part II" thread) was a J'ai Pas Vingt Ans compilation. I watched it once and thought, "That was really sexy!" I watched it again... and again, and on about the third time through in a row I realized I had become completely, utterly captivated. She was quite possibly the most beautiful, sexy, thing I had ever seen... and I don't mean "thing" in the objective sense here (I wouldn't degrade her by objectifying her), I mean "thing" as the generic form of a noun as in, she was the most beautiful "person, place, thing, etc." I had ever seen. I have a real weakness for brunettes, so you can imagine my vulnerability to the like of Alizee, but she quite literally had it all: a look more gorgeous than words, a good voice, and she knew how to move; all without destroying her natural beauty with overdone makeup or lewd or obscene clothing. I didn't understand a word she was saying, but for me anyway, that only added to the magic at first. I know J'ai Pas Vingt Ans isn't exactly the most "deep" of Alizee's songs (although certainly representative of her carefree outlook on life she portrays), but at first all I could imagine was her singing about something as beautiful and radiant as herself. Anyway that was the first real impression.

Like many others, I was compelled to learn more about her: "Who was she? Why haven't I seen/heard her before? Was she this amazing all of the time, or was this a one-time burst of flame?" My intial search wasn't very fruitful in quantity but did yield one of the popular live J'en Ai Marre performances and the La Isla Bonita performance (I could tell then that I did prefer her singing in french). But then I found my way here where I was able to finally see Alizee in interview (as well as many more performances). That's when I was finally able to get a glimps of her personality. And once I could see how kind, intelligent, and playful she was, I was, I'm running out of words here, captivated all over again. That is to say that my captivation took on a new level. Sure, I'd thought Alizee was beautiful and sexy since I had first laid eyes on her, but now I had become awestruck with her totality. It was then I knew I was a real fan.
Old 11-29-2006, 11:14 PM

Pirate515 is on a distinguished road

I first heard "Moi... Lolita" when I was vacationing in Prague in October 2002. It was playing on some local radio station that our cabbie was listening to. I immediately fell in love with that song, but unfortunately, at that time I did not know its name or who sings it. When I asked the cabbie if he knew who it was, his answer was "Someone French" (gee, that was helpful, I kinda figured that part out myself). After that, I've tried for several months to find out more about that song and who sings it, but didn't have any success and eventually gave up.

Then in April of this year, someone posted a link to "J'en Ai Marre" video on YouTube on one of the web forum sites that I frequently visit, which started a very lively Alizee discussion. I loved that video as well, and went on Wikipedia to read Alizee's biography. From there, I found out that "Moi... Lolita" was her debut song that made her famous. Naturally, I next saw that video, being pleasantly surprised that I finally found that mysterious French song. Have been hooked on Alizee ever since.

I'm kind of mad at myself though. I am very much into European dance music; and given that, I should have found out about Alizee a lot sooner. But then again, better late than never.

Last edited by Pirate515; 11-29-2006 at 11:17 PM..
Old 11-30-2006, 12:20 AM

Great stories and anecdotes.

"awestruck with her totality" well put.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:31 AM

Senshi87 is on a distinguished road

hmm moi lolita on swedish mtv was my first time seeing her, but i wasnt very fond of that type of music back then when i was 13 years old

wasnt for another two years ago that i got around with her music and started listening.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:49 AM
L'âme Artistique

Amelie is on a distinguished road

first i saw Mylene Farmer concert "Mylenium tour" and i became a super duper Mylenes fan, then i saw that Mylene is Alizee's producer (with Laurent Boutonnat) and i remembered, that my father has her cd! i listened it three or two years ago and maybe half year ago i thought that i have to listen it one more time, then i downloaded Alizee's concert "En concert" and then i became Alizee's huge fan too. i knew and Moi...Lolita, but when it was popular i liked Britney Spears but real Alizee fan..maybe six or seven months ago...

Miss Amélie's Myspace-New design again! 2008 10 02.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:10 AM
Iron and Silk

atra201 is on a distinguished road

in 2003 i saw i'm not twenty on tv unfortionatly it was the end of it so i waited for about a day or two by the tv untill they played im not 20
again then i googled Alizee
and here we R ever since i'm a big Alizee fan but i was unactive in all the other forums.

"Such a shame to believe in escape
A life on every face
And that's a change, till I'm finally left with an eight
Tell me to react, I just stare
Maybe I don't know if I should change
A feeling that we share...
It's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me with rage, it's a shame
(Such a shame)
Number me in haste, it's a shame
This eagerness to change