Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-30-2008, 09:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
Awesome, awesome selection Ogre! My compliments!
Old 07-01-2008, 12:07 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
And let your dad know there are plenty of normal guys his age who adore this woman. That smile...the eyes....the voice...the fish....just pure youthful exuberance. There is nothing wrong with watching a beautiful woman, dance, sing, and capture the heart of the world.
Oh, and after feasting on a years worth of Alizée, introduce him to Mylène.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:49 AM
A man in black

MonteCristo is on a distinguished road
Default I burnt myself in the wrong spot....and dont think nasty

I think i got my dog and goldfish hooked o.O but thats it, i dont really tell anyone what music i like or suggest to them until they actually come up and ask, i think i got one of my buddys fairly interested in Alizee though, but hes a shallow guy, he was probably more attracted by her looks then her songs. I dont like suggesting songs to anyone, because all the music i've ever listened to in my life was by what i felt was a good song/tune or by my present mood.
Anyway, with all that trash said, does anyone know what to do when you pour boiling hot water on the wrong spot of a mans body besides going to the doctor?(I went to the doctor and he gave me an examination and said it wasnt too serious and i just had to put ointment on, but it's still numb!!!)
Old 07-01-2008, 01:53 AM
A man in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBarrett View Post
If your subject likes a Catch

Show them indefinitely some of her more repetitive and mind-drilling songs. The best for this is again, Gourmandises, however, J'en ai Marre can work too. The poppy catch to this song is Laurent Bout..I mean Espire's use of the 5 violin notes in striking harmony at nearly every verse, the inclusion of the repetitive (almost classical) form of melody. The sound of Alizée's voice on J'en ai Marre is priceless, the tone is rich and the environment rare, the echo at the end of each sentence adds to that "bathy" feel, and it definitely worked for me.
Or A Contre-Courant, thats really catchy. the [repeat] in Moi Lolita is really catchy too, when the xylophone thingy suddenly bursts into the song.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:03 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCristo View Post
I think i got my dog and goldfish hooked o.O but thats it, i dont really tell anyone what music i like or suggest to them until they actually come up and ask, i think i got one of my buddys fairly interested in Alizee though, but hes a shallow guy, he was probably more attracted by her looks then her songs. I dont like suggesting songs to anyone, because all the music i've ever listened to in my life was by what i felt was a good song/tune or by my present mood.
Anyway, with all that trash said, does anyone know what to do when you pour boiling hot water on the wrong spot of a mans body besides going to the doctor?(I went to the doctor and he gave me an examination and said it wasnt too serious and i just had to put ointment on, but it's still numb!!!)
You live in West Coast USA? Because apparently my cousin has gone all Alizée Missionary there and sort of converted somewhat of 20 people to the light of Alizée. I think that's the best place to start for conversion!

As for your problem, try self-meditation, or of course, ice.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:06 AM
A man in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I've noticed much the same reaction from people who I've played her new material for. Some of her new songs are very good but they just don't have the same magic of her earlier performances. So much has changed. From the way she dresses, the way she styles her hair, the fact that she seldom dances any more to even the small things like the stage background. The music and the lyrics of her new material may be very good but they're still a far cry from what MF and LB provided for her. What is she going to do now to try and win back her French fan base?
I think its because her songs took on the same instruments as any typical band, laurent and mylene had a way of throwing all manners of instruments into the song, and each time you listen to the songs, you feel this very magical sparkle, the instruments she uses now, makes you focus more on mood and expressing feelings. Typical band play eh?
I think what gave her an advantage when she was with mylene was the three focus points that were all hit with devastating force in the form of her songs. The sparkle that Farmer was able to put into the sound she produces with the instruments, Boutonnats addicting tune he puts into his lyrics and last of all was Alizee herselfs vocally enhanced voice. While im not really a huge fan of voice enhancement, her ability to tame this huge voice range and ability to move her voice with near perfect accuracy with the tune really won me over. As for what shes gonna do to win back lost fans, i say pass out free cookies, everyone likes cookies
Old 07-01-2008, 02:20 AM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I remember having good luck with a burn ointment with a lot of Vitamin E (a proven topical healing enhancer) in it one time when I had a rather bad burn from boiling water.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:26 AM
lililover

lilly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think its because her songs took on the same instruments as any typical band, laurent and mylene had a way of throwing all manners of instruments into the song, and each time you listen to the songs, you feel this very magical sparkle, the instruments she uses now, makes you focus more on mood and expressing feelings. Typical band play eh?
I think what gave her an advantage when she was with mylene was the three focus points that were all hit with devastating force in the form of her songs. The sparkle that Farmer was able to put into the sound she produces with the instruments, Boutonnats addicting tune he puts into his lyrics and last of all was Alizee herselfs vocally enhanced voice. While im not really a huge fan of voice enhancement, her ability to tame this huge voice range and ability to move her voice with near perfect accuracy with the tune really won me over. As for what shes gonna do to win back lost fans, i say pass out free cookies, everyone likes cookies
I understand and completely agree with you! My all time favourite Alizée song is Amelie ma D'it. This song has awesome lyrics, music, and also lili sings in a deep soothing voice that is just intoxicating. What I loved about 'Espire's' composition is that usually most composers abuse the use of the synthesizer. Not LB, he has the ability to combine the synth's music with the violin sound like it was made for each other.

On the other hand does anyone have instrumental versions of all Alizée's songs, esp AMD!??
Old 07-01-2008, 02:29 AM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:

First of all, Mylene wrote the lyrics, and Laur...I mean Espire, wrote the music.

As for the last part, I'm not a cookie fan, i've said it, but I really am not a fan of sweet solids, sweet liquids however...that's another story...
Old 07-01-2008, 02:37 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I think what gave her an advantage when she was with mylene was the three focus points that were all hit with devastating force in the form of her songs. The sparkle that Farmer was able to put into the sound she produces with the instruments, Boutonnats addicting tune he puts into his lyrics and last of all was Alizee herselfs vocally enhanced voice.
Yep! Right you are.

Of course, I'm now totally captivated and feel a part of the new adventure. Many years there are to come...to learn the craft, and cast the spell. When it comes, I cannot predict....months...years? In the meantime, we always have what was and is; the magic there will never fade. So we cast or eyes forward with hope and perseverance that somewhere in the future the nexus of tune, and voice, and beauty once more rises to the top of the mountain...and we are ready this time. We are there this time. And maybe...just maybe....we are the catalyst to connect the old world to the new, breaching language and culture, and complete the global conquest.