Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-11-2008, 03:07 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I don't know what Roman was getting at, but until we hear something else I really do think it was simple: Ticket sales were bad. They wavered back and forth for awhile on what to do, until the award came along and gave them a way out, an excuse to postpone the show. :\
Snatcher is right. Without further information, the simplest explanation is probably the correct one.

There is a glimmer of hope, though. Since they chose to postpone the concert to March rather than cancel it completely hints at the possibility that they intend to launch a serious new promotional effort in France and that they haven’t given up on Alizée yet. They must believe there is still a chance to put enough people in the Rex to make it viable. Hopefully, the French fans can still be appeased. And she still has Mexico. I just don't want to see what she has worked so hard for, unravel over this incident.

After the initial shock has worn off, I'm still upset with how it's been handled, but I'm still supporting Alizée. If she were to publicly confirm the lame excuse that was offered, then I suppose I would feel differently. I guess the US and international fans are like collateral damage in all of this, and I can't help but think Alizée feels terrible about it.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:09 PM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

wow so much drama in the alizee community. i say alizee quit her career in france and move to mexico. it's obvious there's not much interest in her in france, and interest in mexico seems to be far exceeding that.

i would be so upset if i lost few thousand dollars from travel expenses though. i feel your pain guys.

lefty, i don't think postponing to march means they'll get their act together. i think it can be delayed once again or outright be canceled. it's because a lot of foreign fans cannot make the new date nor want to risk traveling there knowing nothing is for sure. plus i imagine a lot of pissed off fans french and foreign don't want to attend anymore.

still, alizee can't really win with this debacle. if she comes out and says it's the truth, people will be upset for the lame excuse and if she says it's due to low ticket sales, people will also complain that she lied and made a late announcement.

Last edited by heyamigo; 10-11-2008 at 03:19 PM..
Old 10-11-2008, 03:11 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
So, it is our fault that the direction we've seen is because we enabled it to happen rather than sounding off what Scruffydog777 was been shouting out, that we need to be more critical so as to give her and her staff a wake-up call? I don't think that would have mattered with such a small fan following on this site.
I was not assessing culpability or pointing fingers, I was merely suggesting a fundamental reason for her actions. I agree that our criticisms would do very little: her management has already sent the message loud and clear that our opinions are worthless. It just struck me that for most of us, the lack of interaction over the past months has done very little to dampen our enthusiasm. Now, it suffices to say that emotions are running high and she is losing fans left and right, for reasons that, perhaps, she had nothing to do with. So, I was not saying it was our fault (frankly, I don't think anything can be done about "spoiling her"), I was just hoping that when she finally does get a taste of consequence, she will be adaptable enough to do what is necessary to bolster/salvage her career.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:36 PM

fsquared is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsluver41 View Post
There's a rumor that she was seen recently with Melissa Theuriau, although we cannot be sure: any witnesses immediately melted upon seeing the beauty of French couple .
Someone better tell Melissa's husband then....I'm sure he's been waiting for the imminent arrival of their baby in complete ignorance of this, and will be shocked.

Old 10-11-2008, 03:49 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsquared View Post
Someone better tell Melissa's husband then....I'm sure he's been waiting for the imminent arrival of their baby in complete ignorance of this, and will be shocked.

. Hehe, did not know that. Perhaps I should do some research before launching insinuations of lesbian relationships. Excuse my ignorance, was just trying to make a joke...
Old 10-11-2008, 04:58 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

she aproved my comment

"Hello Alizee;
I am a huge fan of yours, most of your songs I barley know the meanings to since I cant speak French; but I am still a huge fan. You have many American fans like me who go through the same situation. The problem is when you have a concert we have to travel, buy plane tickets, get hotels and waste a lot of money especially with the economy going down the drain. We are not mad at you for canceling this concert, no! We just want a reason as to why you canceled. We feel your shutting us out and not giving a shit about us by not giving us at least an explanation. Now thats not the sympathetic Alizee we know. Censoring your fans and deleting comments will not get you anywhere Alizee; your only going to make more people angry. Please read this Alizee. I'm sorry you are going through a rough time and I honestly wish you the best. You don't have to approve this comment, just read it! Please take the adivce from one of your biggest fans. I know what your going to say, "how can he know what stresses I go through everyday" I can relate to your stress Alizee since I am going to join the US military and fight for my country in Iraq. So don't just read this with a blind eye and a closed mind.
Have a good day Alizee, take care of yourself for us, please
Love your always American Fan Mike!"

I wonder if that means she read it and took my advice

wow theres like 5 pages since I lasted posted here, and that was last nite lol. I just woke up from a nap so yea

I hope we are all just mad at her and not let it effect our love for her. Im trying to think of every excuse for her like you guys but I don't know. She has to help me out too and do some of the work.

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Last edited by Future Raptor Ace; 10-11-2008 at 05:03 PM..
Old 10-11-2008, 05:22 PM

wolfram0790 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
she aproved my comment
Do you really think she's taking care of that account personally? I'm sure she wouldn't delete or censor any posts.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

^ I like to think she is. Who knows what she would do

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 10-11-2008, 06:56 PM
Alizee Fan!

Ali is on a distinguished road

Frankly, that is kind of lame that the concert date has been postponed. Seriously, alot of people had plans with reserved plane tickets, hotel's etc. they were totally let down not just on the financial side. I personally think it's because of low ticket sales. She didn't really sell a lot of records in France, I wonder if she even sold 75,000 copies. And I asked this French exchange student who was here for a semester at my University and he said that Alizee is not that popular anymore in France. She was a major hit back in the Gourmandises era (2000-2002) but hardly made a splash in mainstream France with her new album. I think the cancellation of the concert might relfect that. She is in danger of losing some her fans if there is not a valid reason for the cancellation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
I'm out $1500 on this trip, but worse still is the wasted time and effort.
Dude, are seriously going to lose $1500? That would really suck.

Quote:
^ I like to think she is.
I think so too.

Last edited by Ben; 10-11-2008 at 08:56 PM..
Old 10-11-2008, 08:37 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
she aproved my comment

"Hello Alizee;
I am a huge fan of yours, most of your songs I barley know the meanings to since I cant speak French; but I am still a huge fan. You have many American fans like me who go through the same situation. The problem is when you have a concert we have to travel, buy plane tickets, get hotels and waste a lot of money especially with the economy going down the drain. We are not mad at you for canceling this concert, no! We just want a reason as to why you canceled. We feel your shutting us out and not giving a shit about us by not giving us at least an explanation. Now thats not the sympathetic Alizee we know. Censoring your fans and deleting comments will not get you anywhere Alizee; your only going to make more people angry. Please read this Alizee. I'm sorry you are going through a rough time and I honestly wish you the best. You don't have to approve this comment, just read it! Please take the adivce from one of your biggest fans. I know what your going to say, "how can he know what stresses I go through everyday" I can relate to your stress Alizee since I am going to join the US military and fight for my country in Iraq. So don't just read this with a blind eye and a closed mind.
Have a good day Alizee, take care of yourself for us, please
Love your always American Fan Mike!"

I wonder if that means she read it and took my advice

wow theres like 5 pages since I lasted posted here, and that was last nite lol. I just woke up from a nap so yea

I hope we are all just mad at her and not let it effect our love for her. Im trying to think of every excuse for her like you guys but I don't know. She has to help me out too and do some of the work.
holy crap! That is on there. And look, it says the stuff at the top is from the 10th and the stuff in the middle is from the 11th and the stuff at the bottom is from the 10th. It's all mixed up. Well that's weird. Maybe someone should try posting to see if they are still screening, though, what difference does it make really?
Oh, ok, I think it's because there was a backlog. The time is when the message was sent, but it shows up in the order it was approved and they approved them backwards. Interesting that this message made it through.

haha, maybe I should trying posting saying I'm sad about what happened but I stick with you no matter what you do. I don't care I'm an Alizée fan for life, I'm your slave forever. I want nothing. - see if that gets approved.

Merci Fanny

Last edited by Roman; 10-11-2008 at 08:40 PM..