Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 12:17 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake04 View Post
When FHM readers voted her as the second hottest woman in the world, I remember Papa Jo was quite proud of it that he even put it as Alizee was voted as THE hottest woman in France or Europe. Although we'd rather have Alizee voted as the second most talented or successful singer in the world, I'm sure Alizee was quite proud of it as well.
Remember the interview she did on Corsican TV around the same time. She dressed and acted "simply beautiful." It was almost as though she was trying to show her neighbors "See, I've grown up, and I really did deserve to be voted as the most beautiful French woman."

http://youtu.be/rdquJZ3gmzU?hd=1

I thought she was so cute.

Last edited by Rev; 09-10-2011 at 12:38 AM..
Old 09-10-2011, 12:22 AM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
SA - Quite frankly, I'm not sure I believe it. Euphoria is right, you stil have a lot to learn about interacting with people.
That is a very strong conclusion you just drew there. That was, what, three posts on this thread, and now I am diagnosed with social anxiety? Dr. Rev, taking a crack at me, and then sugar coating the entire post as if you are classy. Worry about Euphoria's complete and total buzz kill on this forum, and don't worry about my interaction with REAL people.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:29 AM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

I'm not going to put words in Alizee's mouth as to how she personally feels about the attention, but this caught my eye. Please stop insulting Euphoria for stating FACT here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
No, women don't love and crave attention like that. A random compliment? Sure, but when you're constantly being complimented on your looks, it's really annoying. She's not just a pretty face. Women have talents and personalities (pretty sure you're aware of Alizee's) but when men constantly fawn over your looks, sometimes it makes you feel a little sad inside, because it seems that's all men see. Women are more creeped out by this behavior than you'd realize. Trust me.
This. Men need to see and understand this. There are so many times that women feel very objectified by the way men look and talk to us. Yes, it's good to know that we're attractive, but it is not the average woman's goal in life to just be pretty and liked by men for it. It's almost hard to be taken seriously for some women because people would rather exploit their appearance than listen to their ideas or goals. And yes, it does get VERY CREEPY sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
This explains why you're the way you are. I know plenty of girls who love to be complimented, and if they didn't, they wouldn't make such an effort to look their best.
I doubt most women wake up in the morning, pick the right outfit, and do their makeup thinking "How can I get as many compliments as possible today?" Yes, we enjoy a compliment here and there, but we don't live for them. Personally I take pride in my appearance because I was raised to believe that a functioning member of society should look presentable.

Quote:
I don't like you, with your absurd generalizations. If you don't want to be seen as only a pretty face, make an effort not to be such a bitch. That goes for any girl. I don't like your personality.

Oh, did I go too far? Sorry.
Oh, stop. "Absurd generalizations"... are you saying you know more about being a woman than a woman? I think you're the one making absurd generalizations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintÀlizee View Post
Antoher one? FYI, top secret, bro... she has a husband. !!! I know, right? I thought she was living on her own lonely little island, and no one loved her. I was wrong. She is very much loved, it seems.

Come on, really? You felt sorry for her because many people were complimenting the way she looked? Oh, how sad. How VERY sad she must have been. I guess being an incredibly attractive woman does bare a burden.

Good lord.
Don't be insensitive. Come on, think about it - put yourself in HER place. You make a heartfelt post about something you care about on facebook hoping to get some support or feedback and all you see is thousands of unnecessary comments that are COMPLETELY unrelated to your post - "YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL / I LOVE YOU", etc. You really wouldn't be irritated in the slightest? I mean, good lord.

Guys. Don't try and tell us we are overreacting or exaggerating because at the end of the day, you don't know. You just don't know. It may sound dumb, but men don't go through what women do, so don't try to act like you know what you're talking about when it comes to what women enjoy or don't enjoy. Please, have some empathy.

I think Alizee is very beautiful too, and I've said it before, but I just felt I had to comment on this as one of the few female members of AAm. I won't speak on Euphoria's opinions, but the above quote is truth, and I'm gonna back her up on it.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée

Last edited by Azhiri; 09-10-2011 at 12:51 AM..
Old 09-10-2011, 12:41 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Well said Azhiri.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:46 AM

Euphoria is on a distinguished road

Thanks Azhiri, nice to get another female opinion on this.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:49 AM

SaintÀlizee is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azhiri View Post
This. Men need to see and understand this. There are so many times that women feel very objectified by the way men look and talk to us. Yes, it's good to know that we're attractive, but it is not the average woman's goal in life to just be pretty and liked by men for it. It's almost hard to be taken seriously for some women because people would rather exploit their appearance than listen to their ideas or goals. And yes, it does get VERY CREEPY sometimes.

I doubt most women wake up in the morning, pick the right outfit, and do their makeup thinking "How can I get as many compliments as possible today?" Yes, we enjoy a compliment here and there, but we don't live for them. Personally I take pride in my appearance because I was raised to believe that a functioning member of society should look presentable.

Oh, stop. "Absurd generalizations"... are you saying you know more about being a woman than a woman? I think you're the one making absurd generalizations.

Don't be insensitive. Come on, think about it - put yourself in HER place. You make a heartfelt post about something you care about on facebook hoping to get some support or feedback and all you see is thousands of unnecessary comments that are COMPLETELY unrelated to your post - "YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL / I LOVE YOU", etc. You really wouldn't be irritated in the slightest? I mean, good lord.

Guys. Don't try and tell us we are overreacting or exaggerating because at the end of the day, you don't know. You just don't know.

I think Alizee is very beautiful too, and I've said it before, but I just felt I had to comment on this as one of the few female members of AAm. I won't speak on Euphoria's opinions, but the above quote is truth, and I'm gonna back her up on it.
I don't think she even monitors that facebook page, so no, not really. The world spins and it spins. And that generalization post goes beyond this thread, by the way. I decided to fire back at her, and now I'm the target, but that's cool. < not being sarcastic. I won't troll every thread attempting to start an argument, essentially lessening the quality of this forum. She will. Good night, Azhiri. Respect.
Old 09-10-2011, 02:53 AM
"C'est de la bombe"

Jake04 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Remember the interview she did on Corsican TV around the same time. She dressed and acted "simply beautiful." It was almost as though she was trying to show her neighbors "See, I've grown up, and I really did deserve to be voted as the most beautiful French woman."

http://youtu.be/rdquJZ3gmzU?hd=1

I thought she was so cute.
I thought so too! This is what I love about her. She's not even trying to look "hot" or "sexy" unlike most celebrities. Take this one as another example. She knew she was going to perform with seven other female singers and yet she chose to wear the most conservative dress of them all (except for Laam who's wearing a tuxedo and whom I believe is a lesbian, which I DON'T have a problem with ).

Alizee was the second youngest in the crowd (Joyce Jonathan is just 21) and could have worn a "sexier" outfit if she wanted to but didn't. She didn't even changed her outfit unlike Sofia Essaïdi and Tina Arena, whom even in her forties was wearing a much revealing dress than her.

However, despite of this and the fact that Alizee was not even tagged on the video (the official video before it was taken down, not the one below), 99.9% of the comments were about Alizee!

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ppUTFPBk2xY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 09-10-2011, 05:46 AM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria View Post
In normal society your behavior would be seen as stalkerish and creepy, but since you're hidden behind a computer, you can say whatever you want. Why should what you say on the internet not matter? If someone examined the forum closely, I'm pretty sure they'd find psychotic personas on there who have an unhealthy obsession with Alizee who's a wife and a mother. Ugh.

You can find psychotic people about pretty much anything. All it means is a loss of understanding or false beliefs and potentially hallucinations. So being on acid would actually be pretty much the same as being psychotic even if temporary.

Bearing in mind how broad the statement is, I fail to see your point.

The only reason you're seeing it here is because you choose to be here and see it. Think about how much stars such as Rihanna etc must get in the way of this. I'm not saying you should have to be exposed to it from here, far from it, but it is a known risk and therefore complaining about it isn't going to do much.

I do agree with you that it does quite often go too far here. But Alizée isn't going to read it, so it's really null and void
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." Henry David Thoreau
Old 09-10-2011, 05:48 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

The jealous rage that women feel towards Alizee - not only here but on practically every Youtube video comment section. I think these women can handle guys lusting for Alizee, but when they read comments expressing pure love for Alizee and wanting to marry her, the instinctual claws come out.

Last edited by JoeNY; 09-10-2011 at 05:51 AM..
Old 09-10-2011, 11:48 AM

ALS is on a distinguished road

JoeNY oh how true that is. In the early days when I got into Alizée, she was pregnant with Annily. The guys posts were tearing Jeremy apart and the woman were tearing Alizée apart for being married to Jeremy.
Those women back then were down right vicious towards Alizée.

That talk seemed to evaporate once Annily was born.

Fact is, Alizée has said several times in interviews she knows how much her fans LOVE her. Those are her words not mine.

Woman come here to find out what it is about Alizée that drives men's fondness for her. The problem is, it is right in front of their noses and they don't see it.

The only woman past member that I can remember who seemed to get what made Alizée so special to guys, was Rocket.

Most guys can't figure out what it is, yet they want her because of it.

As far as women go I have deal with this crap at work. When I'm dating someone I can't ever take them to work or even tell anyone I'm dating.

If the women that work for me find out I'm dating they want to meet her, then I have to put up with them ripping her apart, telling me I can do better and I need to find someone else.

They don't mind working for a guy, if I got married, then they would have to work for a woman just like them, and that scares them to death.