Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-14-2011, 08:29 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
ALIZEE makes good music, lets all appreciate the fact she makes new albums every now and then.

MZ
We do appreciate that she makes albums every now and then...

But in order for her to make them, she needs to start doing better in terms of sales so she will want to do more albums...
Old 09-14-2011, 08:37 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

but truely, who really cares what the MEDIA thinks, half of what they say is False anyways. do they ever get things right.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but truely, who really cares what the MEDIA thinks, half of what they say is False anyways. do they ever get things right.
Sales aren't based on what the media thinks. And like you said, noone cares what the media thinks, so thats why we should focus on how much she promotes cause in the end, sales determine alot of if she can make another album and if she will make another album.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:00 PM

WhiteFeather is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Sales aren't based on what the media thinks. And like you said, noone cares what the media thinks, so thats why we should focus on how much she promotes cause in the end, sales determine alot of if she can make another album and if she will make another album.
To an extent you are right. While the media doesn't directly relate to sales, they definitely play a large role. A favorable review can create sales and negative reviews can destroy them. How many movies have you not seen because newspaper/internet/t.v. reviews said it was garbage?

It really is up to Alizée to create an album that caters to the masses, as well as promote it well.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road
Default You are the universe and God knows I'm a fool.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/XyiBwJpBCig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

The thing to remember is that if Alizée doesn't sell enough to satisfy the record company, they can pull her contract. She would lose the promotion and distribution outlets. You might see a lot less of her in videos and on TV. And we already know that's become difficult even with the record company behind her on the last album.

She could of course opt to just self-market and distribute MP3's via digital download, but that would make it much more difficult to attract new fans. She would have to be content with just selling to her small, hardcore fan base. Granted, the record companies have not done much to promote her anyways as of late, but there are still advantages to having a deal with a big record company.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:28 AM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

we will just have to work harder to promote her !! then. thats what true fans do. get her name out there. I picked another new fan last night in a sports chat room !!!! that is a total ALIZEE fans in one particular chat room over the past 5 mths.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:15 AM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
To an extent you are right. While the media doesn't directly relate to sales, they definitely play a large role. A favorable review can create sales and negative reviews can destroy them. How many movies have you not seen because newspaper/internet/t.v. reviews said it was garbage?

It really is up to Alizée to create an album that caters to the masses, as well as promote it well.
Well actually sometimes awful reviews can actually boost sales. When people hear that something is awful they want to hear it just to compare it to what they think is awful. How do you think Rebecca Black got so many hits for her "Friday" video?

Big Flops can make quite a bit of money, but generally this relates to internet phenomena and movies, of which Alizée is neither.

Obviously none of us want this for Alizée and we will have to hold out and hope that the new album is a piece of art rather than something done just for money.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." Henry David Thoreau
Old 09-16-2011, 01:25 PM

ALS is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipshodDread View Post
Well actually sometimes awful reviews can actually boost sales. When people hear that something is awful they want to hear it just to compare it to what they think is awful. How do you think Rebecca Black got so many hits for her "Friday" video?
Dee Snider of Twisted Sister was on VH1's Metal Show where he talked about how Tipper Gores PMRC panel forced record companies to put warning stickers on albums that had risque language or sexual overtones. Dee said that sticker was worth an additional 100K-250K in record sales.

His testimony at a U.S senate hearing in 1984-1985 is pretty enlightening about censorship. BTW It is up on YouTube if you're interested in seeing it.
Old 09-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Raptor Ace - calm down bro, dont. how do you know that she sings for a living (as her main source of income). how do we know she may only want this as a hobby, and wants to teach um...lets see, Dance Lessons fulltime or go into the field in which she has a degree (Information Tech). um, lets see, we can all speculate what and why she dont make more albums or go on tours more frequently, but until you are in her shoes, dont be so harsh on her for her reasons for doing things her way.

ALIZEE makes good music, lets all appreciate the fact she makes new albums every now and then.

I agree alot with what Scruffy said regarding Alizee's career path. like I said above, does she want this as a career or as a hobby in terms of fullfilling her music interests. she has options out there in 3 different careers.

and yes, I dont know why the stupid media judges her last album so harshly, that last album as Scruffy mentions, brings out the beauty of her voice more than the first 3. I like several songs on that album.

MZ
LOL im sorry I was a little harsh. Look man, Alizee sings for a "career" not a "job" or a "hobby." That is not to say she wont venture into a new career, but right now singing is what she does and it her primary source of income that she needs to support her family. That's not saying Jermey doesn't pull in anything either, he does, but bills need to be paid and it is a big deal if her career fails... very big deal!
The media judges her last album harshly because it honestly wasn't good, simple as that!

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!