Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-17-2011, 11:00 AM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Actually some in the media gave UEDS good reviews. In this particular case, I don't think reviews hurt UEDS sales. I think the lack of promotion and airplay hurt more. For some of her fans, maybe she strayed too far from her pop roots. For others, the album was of a style outside the mainstream. Such albums can be a big success, or can fail miserably. It's very risky. Look at Nolwenn's last album. It was also out of the mainstream and did quite well. It is truly difficult to predict what the public will like a year from now when your album is released. It's even harder if you stray far away from the mainstream. And on top of all that, sales are down across the board in the music industry, with few exceptions.
Old 09-17-2011, 12:43 PM

mzracing76 is on a distinguished road

So, speaking of UEDS, which do we all like the best?

I like: grand central, eden eden, 14 decembre, lee collins

Very outstanding works of art, no matter what the media says. I hate the media, they are biased and support my views on any topic ( politics, entertainment, sports, etc).
Old 09-17-2011, 01:44 PM

SlipshodDread is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Dee Snider of Twisted Sister was on VH1's Metal Show where he talked about how Tipper Gores PMRC panel forced record companies to put warning stickers on albums that had risque language or sexual overtones. Dee said that sticker was worth an additional 100K-250K in record sales.

His testimony at a U.S senate hearing in 1984-1985 is pretty enlightening about censorship. BTW It is up on YouTube if you're interested in seeing it.
looks like we know what Alizée needs to do then lol
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." Henry David Thoreau
Old 09-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Posts regarding Alizée's career in the facebook thread moved here. Please continue discussuion here.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:09 PM
Alizée dreamer

Un-rêve is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
So, speaking of UEDS, which do we all like the best?

I like: grand central, eden eden, 14 decembre, lee collins

Very outstanding works of art, no matter what the media says.
Indeed!

Well I thought it would change over time but in no particular order I still like these one's the most.

Une Fille Difficile:

Mes Fantomes:

A Coeur Fendre:

La Candida:

14 Décembre:

Alizée, Balayent les maux de cœur
Old 09-17-2011, 11:50 PM
Dream always and all ways.

Azhiri is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzracing76 View Post
but truely, who really cares what the MEDIA thinks, half of what they say is False anyways. do they ever get things right.
If I were an artist, my goal would be to have all the big reviewers rave about my albums. I personally have never bought an album or seen a movie without checking my favorite critic's take on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Raptor Ace View Post
LOL im sorry I was a little harsh. Look man, Alizee sings for a "career" not a "job" or a "hobby." That is not to say she wont venture into a new career, but right now singing is what she does and it her primary source of income that she needs to support her family. That's not saying Jermey doesn't pull in anything either, he does, but bills need to be paid and it is a big deal if her career fails... very big deal!
The media judges her last album harshly because it honestly wasn't good, simple as that!
For a musician, a "career" is a lifestyle. I'd say that while making music and keeping up appearances full-time like Alizee used to during the MF years, she'd probably be lucky to have just a weekend to herself between rehearsals, studio time, vocal coaching, dance, interviews/appearances, meetings, and then touring. Since she's grown and has experience under her belt, I'm sure it's far less hectic, but a "career" of music-making would still be a ridiculous amount of work to ask of a woman with a husband and child. Especially when, for Alizee, family comes first.

This is just what I think: it's becoming apparent that music is not a career for Alizee anymore, it's a hobby that she does because she enjoys it, and she knows that her followers enjoy it. Not because she has to. It doesn't appear to be very big on her priority list and it seems unlikely to me that she'll ever tour on as grand a scale as she did during MF-LB, or even Psyche.

I used to be very adamant that she should tour all over the world again, and make tons of money selling albums and become a huge name in entertainment again, but now that I step back and think about it in the context of the rest of her life, I just don't think that's what she wants anymore. I don't want to put words in her mouth, but that's the way I see it, and it's okay with me.

"In any case, being sexy includes being natural. Anything can be sexy, except vulgarity." - Alizée
Old 09-18-2011, 03:01 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

She loves performing, but she is not very fond of touring. She'll do it in order to be able to perform, however, if someone said all her performances could be held within a couple of hours of Paris I believe that she would be delighted.
Old 09-19-2011, 01:48 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
She loves performing, but she is not very fond of touring. She'll do it in order to be able to perform, however, if someone said all her performances could be held within a couple of hours of Paris I believe that she would be delighted.
Touring in France and the US are two whole different animals when it comes to profits.

I was quite shocked when I learned this and how they don't make money from shows in France.

So I now understand why she does not tour there and same goes for some other artists like her.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:30 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mon Maquis View Post
Touring in France and the US are two whole different animals when it comes to profits.

I was quite shocked when I learned this and how they don't make money from shows in France.

So I now understand why she does not tour there and same goes for some other artists like her.
Hmm, sounds like the US and France are exact opposites when it comes to this. Because it seems that most US artists make all their money from touring hundreds of cities...
Old 09-19-2011, 09:27 AM
Super Moderator

Mon Maquis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
Hmm, sounds like the US and France are exact opposites when it comes to this. Because it seems that most US artists make all their money from touring hundreds of cities...
Yupppp....and the artist I work with did not understand this and thought the US was the same. For France they requires LOTS and LOTS of money upfront. I thought they were joking when I was told how much.

Which can explain a lot of things why we are not seeing tours.

Kinda why you see Yelle do 60 shows this year in the US and like 2 in France.