Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 06-05-2008, 02:08 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post

By the way, I don't really recall Alizée ever saying that she wanted to get away from the Lolita image in spite of being asked about it multiple times.
Do you remember when they showed some of the making of the MJ video? There was a point where she said one of the dancers costume ( that was very revealing) was too Mylene Farmer. I take this to mean she does not like the overly sexy tastes or as I've seen them described on the web raunchy tastes of MF, and I would say Moi Lolita has MF written all over it. Not only in the way she dressed as in Amsterdam,but also in the lyrics such as "When the wolves come around, It's Lola who bleeds" and " when I give my tongue to the cats....." ( Of course the lyrics are subject to different interpretations but considering the source, I think I know myself what she was getting at, so if Alizée wanted to move in a different direction than the one MF had her headed in, then this is the one song she should have removed from her repertoire.

Last edited by Scruffydog777; 06-05-2008 at 03:19 PM..
Old 06-05-2008, 02:23 PM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
she said she wanted to get away from the Lolita image but she still keeps singing that song.
Quote:
so if Alizée wanted to move in a different direction than the one MF had her headed in then this is the one song she should have removed from her repertoire.
Artists don't usually take their biggest hit song out of their repertoire when they do a concert. Just an observation.

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 06-05-2008, 04:38 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough
Cool Sync or swim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggin View Post
Artists don't usually take their biggest hit song out of their repertoire when they do a concert. Just an observation.
You're quite right. But recently she's only sung this song live and it sounded much better when lip synched to the studio version. So dropping the live version probably would not have been that big a disappointment to her fans.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:51 PM

ggin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You're quite right. But recently she's only sung this song live and it sounded much better when lip synched to the studio version. So dropping the live version probably would not have been that big a disappointment to her fans.
Maybe she thinks she's already done that enough with this song in the past (the lip synching).

Also, she and the band could just be getting some more practice for the tour.

My signature and Avatar courtesy of the lovely and talented Amelie!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:37 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Let's see, the album version of Moi...Lolita is 8 years old. No. Obviously she can't lipsync it without redoing it in the studio, which she did. She sounds different and that would be ridiculous even to me. She could still sing it the same way, but instead she removed all the spice from it by making it into an ornament of nostalgia. She's just having fun with it without making anyone think about the lyrics. If it had teeth, she's defanged it.

The thing is she's changed all her songs so much, even ones like AMD. So, I don't think it's necessarily to defuse a particular aspect of any song as much as to assert her current style onto it (as misguided an idea as that may be).

So, the JEAM speaks very clearly. It's just a grooving mellow version that says, oh yeah, that was Alizée way back in the day. It's almost just as a reminder to us. Maybe she even likes the song, but as much time has past, felt like changing stuff around so she doesn't get bored. Maybe she just doesn't want to have her current voice and a recording thereof being directly compared to her previous performance for whatever reason. There's many possible reasons why she did what she did. Some are understandable and defendable, some aren't. But I don't know which are why she did it. Though, I'm guessing that she doesn't take any of it as seriously as many of us do.

By the way, Alizée saying that was too Mylène was saying it was too much like a Mylène video, not a video Mylène worked on for Alizée; so, not that it matters, but that doesn't prove anything anyway.

Merci Fanny
Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Never ever wanna leave you

Rachelizee is on a distinguished road

Okay , I've only just had time to watch these performances and as with most of you guys I was very impressed.I particularly loved Psychedelices.

However I've just got one question.I'm not a musician at all and I was wondering what actually defines something as 'acoustic'.I always thought it was the absence of electronic equipment but the fella on the decks kinda puts a stop to that.So can anyone tell me what makes it acoustic ?

Or am I completely missing the point and Acoustic is just the name of the show.In which case silly me.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:27 AM
Wannabe Minstrel

Infatuated is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelizee View Post
Okay , I've only just had time to watch these performances and as with most of you guys I was very impressed.I particularly loved Psychedelices.

However I've just got one question.I'm not a musician at all and I was wondering what actually defines something as 'acoustic'.I always thought it was the absence of electronic equipment but the fella on the decks kinda puts a stop to that.So can anyone tell me what makes it acoustic ?

Or am I completely missing the point and Acoustic is just the name of the show.In which case silly me.
I'm pretty sure it is just the name of the television show. But it might mean something else entirely in French, I'm not positive. This is definitely NOT what Americans are accustomed to as an Acoustic performance.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:29 AM
gone with the geostrophic

heyamigo is on a distinguished road

yeah i would've assumed it would be something similar to MTV unplugged but i am not sure about this particular show. there are some who have seen the same show featuring other artists so maybe they know whether previous ones have been in the unplugged style or not.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachelizee View Post

I was expecting some acoustic basses and guitars, until I saw the Fenders...

I guess it just means, isolated I guess, considering it's basically only her and the band performing, completely lacking an overtly large audience.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:08 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I think you guys are right. It’s just the name of the show and intended to imply a more intimate performance without the noise and distraction of an audience. I think their aim is to make you sort of feel like the performance is happening right in your room just for you, and you are the only one in attendance.

The word “acoustic” refers to the branch of physics that studies sound. In music, the word “acoustics” often is used to refer to the effect that the listening environment has on musical sound.

When used to describe a musical instrument, it refers to an instrument that is not amplified or modified through the use of electronics. Yet “acoustic” performances commonly use microphones, contact pickups and PA systems to amplify acoustic instruments.

I guess the meanings can be somewhat blurred in actual practice.