Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 10-08-2008, 06:14 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Grand Rex Postponement Discussion (Merged)

This is the official explanation from http://www.kimaimemesuive.fr:

Quote:
ALIZEE vient d’être récompensée d’un Luna’s Award, l’équivalent de nos Victoires de la Musique, et devra se rendre fin octobre au Mexique pour la remise du trophée.

KI M’AIME ME SUIVE, producteur de la tournée, se voit donc contraint de décaler le concert prévu au Grand Rex du 23 octobre 2008 au samedi 28 mars 2009 dans la même salle et ceci dans un souci de cohérence avec la seconde partie de la tournée qui a été reportée début 2009.

La Production et l’Artiste s’excusent du désagrément occasionné par ce changement de date. Les billets restent valables à la date du report mais peuvent également être remboursés dans les points de vente si souhaité. ALIZEE proposera un rendez-vous réservé à ses fans d’ici à la fin de l’année.
Basically it's saying the date was rescheduled so she could attend an awards ceremony in Mexico. However, which one do they mean? There are three possibilities that I know of:

- MTVLA Awards on October 16th (the most important)
- Lunas del Auditorio on October 29th (the name matches. Ironic, it's an award for best concert!)
- Premios Oye 2008, date unknown (matches the "Victoires de la Musique" description)

Sooo...???

Regardless it's a terrible excuse, none are right on the 23rd. I'm sure low ticket sales are the real reason. Can't say how sick it makes me feel. I'm speechless, and really don't feel like spending more energy on her. I'll always be around, but with news like this...

It's just not worth going out of one's way to promote or do Alizée things anymore when we get so little in return. I won't point fingers, it doesn't matter who's at fault, that's just how it is. I'm out $1500 on this trip, but worse still is the wasted time and effort.

Last edited by Ben; 10-08-2008 at 06:17 PM..
Old 10-08-2008, 08:37 PM
In pursuit...

mavsluver41 is on a distinguished road

There has been an excess of in the past few days, and with good reason: the situation is dire. But I think one good thing will come from it. For Alizée it is now ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY to communicate with fans. That has been the biggest criticism ever since her return, and it must be assessed now or never. As much as it pains me to admit it, her career hangs in the balance: everything depends her realization of the previously mentioned fact. With the slew of messages urging fan interaction from notable fans like Brian, Roman, and others on her myspace (as well as some harsh "wake up and smell the coffee" ones from RMJ and others), I trust Lili will acquiesce.

Because although we on the forums will continue to support and believe in her, a relatively small group of fans, regardless of dedication, cannot keep a musical career afloat.

The die has been cast and the board is set: its your move, Lili.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:59 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

!!!NEW MISSION PRIORITY MESSAGE!!!

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 10-08-2008, 09:06 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, the awards thing is a terrible excuse. Whether it’s true or not, Alizée comes off as looking like a very selfish and inconsiderate person. It would have been better to tell the truth, which I'm sure is about poor ticket sales.

For damage control, she appears to be planning to meet with her French fans at the end of the year. And I suppose Team Alizée is hoping that the few Mexicans that were traveling to France will at least be appeased by the fact that she’s coming to Mexico again.

That leaves the USA and other international fans who may suffer the worst, at least financially, and are receiving absolutely nothing in return. Maybe in Team Alizée’s calculations, those fans are not a large group and represent countries she has no interest in, and are therefore, unimportant and expendable. It seems cold to me, if that’s the case.

I hope she speaks up for a change. If ever there was a time for Alizée to break her code of silence, it’s now. I‘m sure everyone would like to hear an honest explanation directly from her to clear some of this up. I find her current level of fan/artist interaction unsatisfying and somewhat lacking.

I feel bad for you guys who were going to go to the concert. I wasn’t going, and as of now, I won’t plan on traveling to see her in the future. Until I hear different, she now seems like too much of a risk to me.

Yesterday evening I was feeling very sorry for her because I thought tickets sales were bad and she was facing a painful dilemma. I imagined her being worried sick about the fans and the loss of time and money they would endure. I posted a note of support on her myspace. I sure hope my support hasn’t been misplaced.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:11 PM
Lili Addict

Idéaliser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I feel bad for you guys who were going to go to the concert. I wasn’t going, and as of now, I won’t plan on traveling to see her in the future. Until I hear different, she now seems like too much of a risk to me.
Yeah, I'm stuck here in France for like 3 weeks without a Lili concert D:

But I supposed I can enjoy the culture
Old 10-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Looking through a glass onion.

Amigo! is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeFantôme View Post
This website states that Alizée has already won the Luna's award:
Zeus the president of Alizée México spoke to Sony and they told him she has not won a thing. So he's still waiting for more info about what's going on.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:18 PM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
This is the official explanation from http://www.kimaimemesuive.fr:

Basically it's saying the date was rescheduled so she could attend an awards ceremony in Mexico. However, which one do they mean? There are three possibilities that I know of:

- MTVLA Awards on October 16th (the most important)
- Lunas del Auditorio on October 29th (the name matches. Ironic, it's an award for best concert!)
- Premios Oye 2008, date unknown (matches the "Victoires de la Musique" description)

Sooo...???

Regardless it's a terrible excuse, none are right on the 23rd. I'm sure low ticket sales are the real reason. Can't say how sick it makes me feel. I'm speechless, and really don't feel like spending more energy on her. I'll always be around, but with news like this...

It's just not worth going out of one's way to promote or do Alizée things anymore when we get so little in return. I won't point fingers, it doesn't matter who's at fault, that's just how it is. I'm out $1500 on this trip, but worse still is the wasted time and effort.
^wow thats saying a lot coming from you, the man who puts so effort in for Alizee. Im sorry about your 1,500 bucks.
We all know now that a US tour is definitely out of the picture this year. You think Alizee is regretting splitting from Farmer?

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 10-08-2008, 10:58 PM

Roman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idéaliser View Post
Yeah, I'm stuck here in France for like 3 weeks without a Lili concert D:

But I supposed I can enjoy the culture
I spent 2 months in Paris. It was tied strongly to Alizée as a reason. The only reason I would go back now is to meet the other fans since I already spent so much money.

But I still want to believe that I can be an Alizée fan even if I can't ever put such risk in again. I think that even if the cancelation of the concert had been necessary, if it had been handled right I would still want to go in the future, though I don't know if I would/will be able to.

I reallllly did not think her career was going that badly. I though the Mexico thing was good because it was giving her a great boost and maybe it would even help get her over hear. But you know what, with the exception of Snatcher and a little bit of effort here or there, we haven't done shit! We have not done what would be necessary to get her over here and yeah, maybe we never could because maybe there just aren't enough Americans who would ever think she's worthwhile. Apparently that's also what her current managers think. Seems like they have been thinking the same about France too. My first inclination about that fan meeting by the end of the year is to think they want to asses if there's still enough interest in France to bother trying to do another concert. That's why she went in March to Mexico. That's what that stuff is for. It's not because she loves her fans and wants to meet them, it's just another business mechanism. Please Alizée prove me wrong about that. I pray that she does something, anything to make me think that's at least half not accurate. Even then it doesn't really matter too much. If she at least respects us as humans, that would be nice. Apparently her business folks don't. Make me a believer. Hey, as far as counting money goes, I have spent 100 times as much as the average Mexican. Maybe more. And that's just on merchandise and concert tickets, not counting airfare, hotels, etc etc.

Merci Fanny
Old 10-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I can't help but to think the US and international fans are out in the cold on this one. She'll take care of her loyal French fans and of course she will be back in Mexico. But I guess I've never felt like we mattered that much to Alizée and/or her team, but I've enjoyed her music and performances all the same. It's the bittersweet aspect of being an Alizée fan from the USA...

Alizée could be cold hearted about this whole thing, or maybe she’s been crying her eyes out for the last 48 hours. She could be just casually brushing this whole incident off or she could be sick with grief over it. It's probably very hard for her to share with us her feelings, but I think she needs to do it.

Last edited by lefty12357; 10-09-2008 at 12:03 AM..
Old 10-09-2008, 12:01 AM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty12357 View Post
I can't help but to think the US and international fans are out in the cold on this one. She'll take care of her loyal French fans and of course she will be back in Mexico. But I guess I've never felt like we mattered that much to Alizée and/or her team, but I've enjoyed her music and performances all the same. It's the bittersweet aspect of being an Alizée fan from the USA...
Quite true and especially the last.

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...