Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 03-10-2020, 01:35 PM

Aragorn97 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think one of the best songs I heard her sing post Mylene is Tal's "Le sens de la vie", which is sung in a soft way and was perfect for her.

This is exactly was I was talking about and this isn't the only time she has sung this way.

Quote:
I think maybe she lost confidence in herself after leaving MF.
I was thinking that this tone of voice might be the closest one to her personality. Sometimes she uses this soft voice even when she is speaking in a standard conversation. But honestly I don't know if it's because of her shyness or because of her kindness. So it could also be a matter of confidence, I guess.
But this tone of voice doesn't seem to be the natural evolution of the one she had during Graines de stars. She seems to be a different singer. I wonder if it is natural for her to sing in this way... The last performance in Jaka to melodia seems pretty standard in this sense.
Old 03-10-2020, 02:05 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

It was amazing that in Graines de Stars that though in the first competition, she wanted to enter the dancing instead of the singing competition, in the shows that followed, she sang with such confidence. She was so comfortable on stage.

Then an amazing performance of ML in Amsterdam, in front of such a huge foreign crowd, again she danced with such confidence.

Yet offstage, she was shy and soft spoken, a different person it seemed

Somewhere along the line, she lost the confidence she had on stage.

Old 03-10-2020, 03:01 PM

Yeah, she was fantastic!
But I wouldn't say she lost the confidence she had back then... In Warsaw she seemed very comfortable on the stage. I would say she changed her attitude. But I don't know if this "artistic" change is due to personal reasons...
Old 03-16-2020, 07:19 PM

Hmm, yeah, I agree with that title

Old 03-17-2020, 07:10 AM

Mr Coucou is on a distinguished road

Quote:
That brings up an interesting point. I think it was during the 1st week of Dals, she said she couldn't shout during a performance I guess, yet she had no trouble shouting in En Concert. I think maybe she lost confidence in herself after leaving MF.
There is something about En Concert and Amsterdam that enables Alizee to turn off her shyness--- like flipping a switch in her mind. Whereas with DALS, its not quite the same. Its psychological, its just how Alizee's mind works-- it has nothing to do with leaving Mylene, in my opinion.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Coucou View Post
There is something about En Concert and Amsterdam that enables Alizee to turn off her shyness--- like flipping a switch in her mind. Whereas with DALS, its not quite the same. Its psychological, its just how Alizee's mind works-- it has nothing to do with leaving Mylene, in my opinion.
Maybe it's because she feeds off the crowd? In Dals though she seemed to have a lot of fans rooting for her, she always had the uncertainty of "What were the judges thinking?" hanging over her head and that uncertainty couldn't allow her to have the full confidence such as she had in Amsterdam and En Concert.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:23 AM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

I stumbled on this peculiar YouTube video of Alizee's Poland performance last night. I had never seen it before. For some reason, after the announcers introduced Alizee, it took her forever to get out on the stage. Generally, she impresses me as being attentive to being professional, but in this video, everyone looks bad. The announcers explained the problem, but I don't speak Polish, so I don't know what went wrong. Perhaps someone from Poland can explain.

Alizee looks a tad pregnant (she also looks like a little girl performing. It's hard not to love her), it starts to rain during her performance, the smoke machine on one occasion made her nearly disappear, some guy was running around on the stage behind Alizee during her performance, and the sound system is not the best. Despite these problems, Alizee is as charming as ever.

I have been notified I cannot post a URL until I have made five or more posts. As I have posted hundreds under my old name, this notice came as a bit of a surprise, but no matter. You can find the video I refer to above by doing a YouTube search for:

Alizée - 2018-09-08 - Les collines, L’Alizé, Alcaline - Warsaw, Poland (Pożegnanie Lata)

Last edited by 24Shepherd24; 03-22-2020 at 03:50 AM..
Old 03-22-2020, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24Shepherd24 View Post
I stumbled on this peculiar YouTube video of Alizee's Poland performance last night. I had never seen it before. For some reason, after the announcers introduced Alizee, it took her forever to get out on the stage. Generally, she impresses me as being attentive to being professional, but in this video, everyone looks bad. The announcers explained the problem, but I don't speak Polish, so I don't know what went wrong. Perhaps someone from Poland can explain.

I have been notified I cannot post a URL until I have made five or more posts. As I have posted hundreds under my old name, this notice came as a bit of a surprise, but no matter. You can find the video I refer to above by doing a YouTube search for:

Alizée - 2018-09-08 - Les collines, L’Alizé, Alcaline - Warsaw, Poland (Pożegnanie Lata)
This must be the one you were talking about?

Old 03-22-2020, 06:38 AM

24Shepherd24 is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;269068]This must be the one you were talking about?

Scruffydog,
You are right. This is the one, but even in quoting you, I can't post the URL.
I believe this is my 3rd post so in two more. I should be able to post a URL.
Old 03-22-2020, 03:31 PM

joebanana is on a distinguished road

DALS with a touch of Joe Banana

Let's dance with Alizee!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XB9...ew?usp=sharing

Last edited by joebanana; 03-22-2020 at 04:18 PM..

Tags
alizee, alizeeamerica, section, video, youtube