Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 02-11-2015, 04:11 PM

Youpidoo_Day is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
Yello?

If I ever met Alizée in person, this would be the soundtrack in my head.
Old 03-13-2016, 04:24 PM

Ajaccio is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antares View Post
Some might say that Alex had a poor view of the performance since he wasn't facing the stage, but Alex would probably argue that he had the best seat in the house.

I envy him and the cameraman who filmed her in Tour de France 2003.
Old 03-19-2016, 08:52 PM

daniel1985 is on a distinguished road

Djr654:

Alizee really has brought so much joy in to all of our lives.

I think it is fair to say that if you discover Alizee and an interest develops, there is no chance it can ever be a mild passing interest; you become obsessed.

Especially if, for whatever reason, you are not feeling so great at the time: Alizee becomes this beacon of happiness that you can seemingly always turn to.

I remembered the Moi Lolita video from when it was on English TV back in the early 2000's, then YouTube came along and I searched for it... When I found all the other videos from the early years, I was hooked. I think I watched them over and over again, daily, for a year or just over.

It is interesting that the La Isla Bonita video is what caught your attention. In a way, one of the really great things about that video, is that it CAN accidently end up being linked to Madonna's videos, giving masses of people the chance to stumble upon Alizee.

Enjoy your obsession. We have all taken that descent into insanity at one time or another.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:18 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

That's how I discovered her through the La Isla Bonita video. I thought she was beautiful and had a great voice, but I wasn't impressed at that point because she was singing someone else's song. So I searched to see if she had any songs of her own, and the floodgates opened. The first one I watched was Moi Lolita Amsterdam. That was a jaw dropper. I don't know how many times I watched that video that night. Incredible voice, beauty, charm and poise for such a young girl.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:33 AM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel1985 View Post
Djr654:

Alizee really has brought so much joy in to all of our lives.

I think it is fair to say that if you discover Alizee and an interest develops, there is no chance it can ever be a mild passing interest; you become obsessed.

Enjoy your obsession. We have all taken that descent into insanity at one time or another.

While cruising You Tube, I stumbled onto Alizee's J'en Ai Marre, and that was enough for me. I was a goner. From there I searched out everything Alizee. This had never happened to me before or after.

I've been a fan of a lot of artists, but never obsessed by any of them. Salena Gomez is gorgeous and I think her video "Naturally" is incredible, but no obsession. Hayley Williams of Paramore is another. Very attractive, a wonderful talent: again, no obsession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_YR...OWSnyX&index=2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZweyIKNwX4

For me Alizee is a two-edged sword. She brings me pleasure, but also torment. It's the pits having a one sided relationship with a woman. It's an unrequited love.

So I adore this woman who doesn't know I exist, and if she did know, she couldn't care less. We don't speak each other's language, we live on opposite sides of the earth, she makes vastly more money than I, there's a dramatic age difference, and our cultural experiences would clash. Even if I had access to her and spoke beautiful French, I wouldn't know how to talk to her. There would be no possibility of anything beyond a distant acquaintanceship.

The whole experience is ludicrous--truly a descent into insanity--and no one is more sensitive to that fact than me, but there it is. Like it or not, I can't get my fill of this woman. On the one hand it would be a relief to be able to walk away from her and never look back, but then I would miss out on all the wonderful experiences she brings me. She adds a quality to my life that I can’t find anywhere else.
Old 03-20-2016, 01:24 PM

I still really am not sure about my relationship for lack of a better word is with her. As much as an incredibly beautiful woman I feel she is, inside and out and as much as I've followed her for 9 years now. I still don't have a good feeling of what it would be like to hang out with her.

I've never been as crazy about the person, as I was the performer. I went to Pistoia and Taormina, to get a better idea of what it must've been like to have seen her perform in these beautiful places. I even broke into the Triage-Lavoir building in Belgium where the ACC video was filmed. I could have easily gone to Ajaccio or Paris where I'm sure I could've found out from members of AF where she lived, but being close to her didn't really mean that much to me as opposed to seeing her on stage.

One thing life has taught me is no matter how incredibly beautiful and sexy a woman appears on the outside, that has in many cases nothing to do with what she's like on the inside and I think that's why I've always been in love with the performer as opposed to the person.

In fact, when I first did go to Ajaccio. I went there at a time when she wasn't expected to be there. I went there in 2012 after seeing her in the Les Enfoires show in Lyon. I went to Corsica after everyone including me was expecting her to go back to Paris to be with Jeremy, but she went to Corsica instead and this is when we first found out she and Jeremy had parted company.

But being in Corsica with her there was a strange feeling. I feel even if I saw her and was able to say hello to her, that would be the end of it and I might as well be on the other side of the moon. Being that close and not being in her inner circle would be torture.

At least I work in a job that has enabled me to see her on several occasions. My big regret as far as that is concerned is I didn't learn about her earlier. I could've easily flown over in 2003 for En Concert if I had known, but I wonder what might have happened back then. In December 2003 I might have said, I wont fly over now. I'll wait for a show in the summer of 2004. I would have jumped off a jetbridge if that had happened, so I'm thankful for all the great experiences I've had.
Old 03-20-2016, 07:52 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=Scruffydog777;255476]I still really am not sure about my relationship for lack of a better word is with her.

One thing life has taught me is no matter how incredibly beautiful and sexy a woman appears on the outside, that has in many cases nothing to do with what she's like on the inside and I think that's why I've always been in love with the performer as opposed to the person.

Being attracted to a woman that you know you don't know hardly anything about is part of the insanity. We have a peripheral sense of who she is, but we can go a little deeper than her public persona. I think we can say with confidence, Alizee is not a conniving, manipulative person. She appears fundamentally honest and as best she can be, true to herself. To have survived in the entertainment business for 17 years, she must have strength of character. She is an introvert: It’s one of the reasons people have trouble reading her. Despite her worldly experiences and professional successes, she appears to still possess a childlike innocence. She appears unblemished by the world. She is not into drugs and alcohol: sex—it’s hard to say. Beyond that we know nothing about her thought processes: what if anything she thinks about politics, religion, art, literature, history, the USA, love, food, whatever. Her formal education is limited, but her life experiences are formidable. We do know she is very defensive about her privacy, she is close to her family, she likes Nutella, ice cream sundaes, the outdoors, dogs, and she really likes Gregorie.
Old 03-21-2016, 06:30 AM

[QUOTE=Shepherd;255478]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
.............. she likes Nutella, ice cream sundaes, the outdoors, dogs, and she really likes Gregorie.
Don't forget Bon Bons!

Old 11-30-2017, 11:51 AM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for this thread topic, and for this site. This is my very first post. I have been secretly obsessed with Alizee for 10 years. I am an older gentlemen, and to me she is like a precious gem that must be cherished and protected. My thoughts of her are obviously one of intense attraction, but in a respectful way. She is attractive in many ways besides the physical.

I never felt this way about anybody I didn't know on a personal level, so I know exactly how Djr feels. Hopefully I can get a chance to tell my story on this site one day soon.
Old 11-30-2017, 01:11 PM

kulli is on a distinguished road

Hi CleverCowboy! Welcome to the forum.