Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 11-30-2009, 05:20 PM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I was very young at the time but I remember the howls from my older brother and sister when the Beatles put out the album The Magical Mystery Tour in 1967. There was a whole lot of complaining by their core fan base. Did it hurt them? NOPE. They gained more new fans then they lost.
Absolutely true. I'm younger than your brother and sister, too, because I only became a Beatles fan after they started their post-MMT music (Sergeant Pepper, the white album). Their situation was not unlike that of Alizée in this respect, although they had no mentor the way she did. But there's a sharp divide between their early music, which was very simple pop with catchy tunes, and their later music, which was more complex musically and had controversial themes.

My feeling is that if they had gone on singing songs like Love Me Do and I Want To Hold Your Hand and Help indefinitely they'd have fizzled out. Instead, they produced some truly fine music over three albums and then broke up. And then Lennon was murdered.

Oh, well, so goes life.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 11-30-2009, 08:12 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by wasabi622 View Post
that is just a terrible idea.
sometimes you have to lose fans to gain fans

It's simple and many bands/singer/artists do it, hell whole manufacturing companies do it.

Old 12-01-2009, 12:57 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALS View Post
I have to agree with Deepwaters on this one. Alizée is going to move on to the type of music she likes not what her fans from MF/LB era expect from her.

If you try to make everyone happy you end up with no one happy.

The only band I know who hasn't really changed in over 34 years that still sells out concerts and has major record sales is AC/DC. I don't think you can name five successful bands in the last ten years who are still making the same sounding music they made ten years ago.

I was very young at the time but I remember the howls from my older brother and sister when the Beatles put out the album The Magical Mystery Tour in 1967. There was a whole lot of complaining by their core fan base. Did it hurt them? NOPE. They gained more new fans then they lost.

I have heard it by almost every successful band when interviewed about their music. They play what they like and don't make music with the idea of finding the perfect sound that will sell.

Alizée is going to put an album out she wants not what she thinks her old fans want. She is on the path to build on her present fan base. She will lose some but probably will gain far more than she will lose with her new sound.
Another band that never played anything but what they like is Rush and they have been successful for 30 + yrs. and still filling large stadiums. I don't think Alizee is that much different. She wouldn't be happy just doing music that may be popular. A real artist does what they like and as you said it usually eventually is liked by others because their passion shines through. I don't think Alizee is willing to compromise just for success sake.
Old 12-01-2009, 01:20 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

I'll add to this, that you can't fake it. If you don't love what you're creating, it won't be any good.

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 12-01-2009, 02:14 AM

OGRE is on a distinguished road

I consider Boutonnat to be one of the best pop composers in my generation. I would pay a pretty penny just for an album of his work with only instruments. He weaves a lot of magic on many many levels. Farmer's lyrics and choreography are also top notch. And the MCE Alizée brought it all together. It was a triad you will seldom find in the entertainment world. The perfect combination of composer, lyrics, performer. It is because of this that I am now a Farmer/Boutonnat fan.

But I'm still an Alizée fan too. She has some magic too. And she has a lot of time to develop it. I'm content to stay on the train. I'm not getting off anytime soon.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:17 AM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGRE View Post
I would pay a pretty penny just for an album of his work with only instruments.
Here you go :
http://www.amazon.fr/Giorgino-Bof-La...dp/B000XVT7W8/
http://www.amazon.fr/Jacquou-Croquan...dp/B000LSA7X6/
Old 12-01-2009, 07:53 AM

Roman is on a distinguished road

If Alizée was trying to maximize her appeal to her fans, she wouldn't have covered herself with tattoos which can never be removed. There is this singing thing that she does sometimes and there is the rest of her life. The former is not taking precedence over the latter.

Now then, the album that represents the future is in the past. It has been created. Now they are trying to figure out how to get it released and obviously having difficulty. Whether it's good or not doesn't even matter if it can't be properly (or at all) released. That kind of fact makes all these other arguments more academic than practical, yes? I think a lot more has to do with Alizée just trying to create something and working with what is available at the time to do something that seems like it might be good at the time. All of this stuff about keeping or losing fans or cutting off one's nose to spite the face is maybe something she thinks about, but when the rubber hits the road, she has to simply try to do something that will be fulfilling for her (otherwise why bother?) and try to get something done. Does that make sense?

Merci Fanny
Old 12-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman View Post
If Alizée was trying to maximize her appeal to her fans, she wouldn't have covered herself with tattoos which can never be removed. There is this singing thing that she does sometimes and there is the rest of her life. The former is not taking precedence over the latter.
mehhh... i don't think that the tattoos were for the fans were they? i thought she got them just because she liked them? im sure we're all familiar with the story behind tinkerbell, and lizardy thingy, and so on.

i doubt everything she does is somehow related to her professional career. (though, if it was, maybe she'd interact with lilly town more!!! )

Old 12-01-2009, 12:47 PM

Junkmale is on a distinguished road

You heard it from me first. Trust me.
This is the reason the album has not been released yet-

Jive/Epic - ' OK Alizee, the album is ready, now what about a tour to promote?'

Alizee - 'Uum...no'?

Jive/Epic - 'Right....now we have a problem'

I'm convinced that's the reason.
She dosen't want to tour. No record company are going to spend a considerable ammount of money on releasing an album when the artist in question is reluctant to promote it.
If there was a tour the dates would have been finalised and announced well in advance of the albums release.
I think that Alizee now treats her musical carear as a part time 'hobby'. That's fine, if that is what she wants, but she can't expect someone else to pay for that luxury.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:53 PM

Zelimée is on a distinguished road
Default "Ad" on youtube

Wonder if this is official?

youtube.com/watch?v=tX95Q-lruoI

Tags
2009, album, chateau, marmont