Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée News

Old 01-10-2011, 05:45 PM

lalorocks is on a distinguished road

A new album is a good idea, I want a new pop album, with songs that we can dance, that we can listen frecuently on the radio, and over all an album without jeremy and chateau marmont, only with BBbrunes because is poprock
Old 01-10-2011, 06:21 PM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

she should do somezing with yelle. she's rather popular.
Old 01-10-2011, 06:25 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

I can't watch, but new album=YAY!
But we still really don't have any SOLID OFFICIAL confrimation, do we? I don't know cuz once again I can't see!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:20 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I think she's too strong a person to cry, but she has to be terribly disappointed, and depressed to an extent. I wonder if there's something we could do as a forum to show our support for her, cheer her up, let her know we will still be there for her.
She is a strong person, but she is also a very real person. Remember, she was crying the last night of her first tour simply because it was over. This is why I think she responded to the shock of some of that video with some tears. Remember, for many women (and one new Speaker of the House I can think of) tears are just another way of expressing emotion.

However, this may also have been the perfect item to motivate her to go out and find the right people to work with - and this time without compromises. It could have been her wake up call.

Or, to quote a line in a movie: "This is your wake up call. Time to go to work."
Old 01-10-2011, 10:02 PM
... qui vous veut du bien

Corsaire is on a distinguished road

Here is a quick close enough translation to get the gist of it.

Female voice over:
“10 years after she moved France with her naughty schoolgirl outfits and her single Moi... Lolita, Alizée proposes her album UEDS. The little ex-protégé of MF makes a radical change when she decides to collaborate with the independent label Institubes. Result: it’s not bad, but it’s her panties we want to see.”
The last few words are said in a condescending/mocking voice.

Guy at the end:
“It’s a niche mistake. Her album is not a failure, it is simply that Alizée going electro, well, it just does not appeal to the masses who loved the little Lolita showing off her panties.”

If these comments seem overtly harsh to some, I would says that Alizée did mention as early as 2003 that she was aware of the fact that she would have to carry the Lolita image for the rest of a life, and she was fine with it. Well, she is more mature now and if she decided to make the last album what it is, I hope she understands that it was going to be pretty difficult if it proved to be a commercial failure according to the standards that she herself established. The media will just feast on such demise, and frankly, the masses love this sort of abuse as well. I am not saying that I agree with it or that it is justified, I am just saying it was to be expected.

This album is a commercial failure and I guess we can all agree it is a flop in that sense. They did recognize that UEDS is not an artistic flop. Myself, I quite like UEDS and I believe it is an honest piece of work. I respect Alizée very much for producing such an album.

Last edited by Corsaire; 01-10-2011 at 11:03 PM..
Old 01-10-2011, 10:55 PM
Administrator

lefty12357 is on a distinguished road

I agree, UEDS was an honest piece of work and I like it as well. Unfortunately the attitude shown by the voiceover and the guy at the end are probably indicative of the fact that much of the public in Alizée's homeland sees her in that light and expects her to be in that niche. I know it's not true of everyone and she has devoted French fans, but too few to make enough of a difference. She is up against a mindset that is firmly entrenched and it will be hard to break through it.

Hopefully she will succeed, even if she must do so in another country first. But that won't be easy either. Either way, I'm pulling for her and I hope she doesn't give up. With the right music and promo, I think she can be successful at it. Regardless, I enjoy her work and I will continue to buy her music, as I'm sure many of us will.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsaire View Post
Here is a quick close enough translation to get the gist of it.

Female voice over:
“10 years after she moved France with her naughty schoolgirl outfits and her single Moi... Lolita, Alizée proposes her album UEDS. The little ex-protégé of MF makes a radical change when she decides to collaborate with the independent label Institubes. Result: it’s not bad, but it’s her panties we want to see.”
The last few words are said in a condescending/mocking voice.

Guy at the end:
“It’s a niche mistake. Her album is not a failure, it is simply that Alizée going electro, well, it just does not appeal to the masses who loved the little Lolita showing off her panties.”
Thanks so much Cors! Greatly appreciated
Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 AM

pepelepew is on a distinguished road

This attitude expressed on the star story is indicative of the general shallowness of pop music culture unfortunately. It has always been more about the show than the quality of the product with few exceptions. Although I also think that Alizee could come back with some hits with the right production and music choice. A sexy wardrobe and snappy choreography would be a plus. I don't mean to say that it would need to be in poor taste either. In fact Alizee's charisma and natural beauty doesn't need much help and in her case less may be more. She needs some real professionals guiding the ship for a change. Not original, but my thoughts none the less..
Old 01-11-2011, 07:47 AM
Don't speak French :(

Edcognito is on a distinguished road

Have to agree with others here, that I *loved* UEDS - but its not going to be (or I should say, I didn't expect it to be) massively popular once I heard it. One of the reasons Alizeé became prominent (at least in my mind) was that her music was great, the choreography was good, but that even though she had a "pop" sound, and the "lolita" image, she didn't pull a Christina, Britney or any other pop-star kind of life-style...

Can you imagine Alizeé cutting off all her hair, and attacking an SUV with a pole?

O.o

Just me, but I wouldn't mind seeing another collaboration with MF/LB... Although, still, I would like her to go more "Pop/rock" than pure "pop"...

In any event, I will keep buying her work, and supporting *her*.

Ed

"Most men serve the state thus: Not as men mainly, but as machines . . . "
Henry David Thoreau
Civil Disobedience
Old 01-11-2011, 09:53 AM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalorocks View Post
A new album is a good idea, I want a new pop album, with songs that we can dance, that we can listen frecuently on the radio, and over all an album without jeremy and chateau marmont, only with BBbrunes because is poprock
You really don't know what roll Jeremy plays in all this do you? You really can't blame him for any of it as he does his thing and she does hers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Människöpesten View Post
she should do somezing with yelle. she's rather popular.
Yelle had already offered.

Regards,

Jung

Tags
2011, alizee, direct star, star story, top flop