Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-04-2008, 01:01 AM
Mr. Mike

Future Raptor Ace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen View Post
+1. So need to hear this.

I very much hope somebody somewhere had the foresight and good sense to record this thing for folks like me who were all retarded and actually went to work today...

you guys arnt missing anything, same song - that very sexy angry alizee voice

edit: Oh my bad amigo i thought it was new version she recorded

LETS GO YANKEES! CONGRATS ON #4 GIANTS!

Old 09-05-2008, 07:32 PM

Sir Wood is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snatcher42 View Post
Bummer about CTT. Interesting about the new album, I've heard that a few times now, though even if true it could still mean years before it's out...

Anyway, back on topic. I'm trying to put together an LTNY Sampler DVD to hand out at the Yelle concert next month, and I wanted to ask all of your opinions on the track list.

A few restrictions: I want to keep it short, 5 clips or so, again so as to fit all information on the disc label. For quality I'm also limiting the selection to clean, logo-less videos we already have in NTSC format. In other words, stuff from the Tout Alizée DVD, the Mexican edition of En Concert, and the Psychédélices Special Edition bonus DVD.

This is kind of the way I see it now:

1. Moi Lolita Music Video
2. J'en ai marre Music Video or Performance
3. Amelie m'a dit Live Music Video
4. Mademoiselle Juliette Music Video
5. Fifty Sixty Music Video

Track 2 is what I'm debating most: JEAM Official Video or Tube D’un Jour performance? The performance has obvious advantages for attracting new (male) fans, but I'm wondering if it's worth breaking the format of all music videos for, not to mention it's an image that Alizée is trying to move away from...
I think sticking with the music video only would be acceptable and letting those further interested to discover the other videos on their own merits. But yeah, the Tube D’un Jour performance does has its strength that you've specified already. Though do we actually know who Yelle's audiences are ?

Also to stick with the chronological order of album release to show the artist's progression (or reverse it as Roman suggested). Maybe replace the Amelie m'a dit with Gourmandises ?

So it would be like:
1. Moi... lolita
2. Gourmandises
3. J'en ai marre
4. Mademoiselle Juliette
5. Fifty Sixty

Youpidoo! I'm "foamely" ecstatic... So if you're okey dokey... Let's do boogie-woogie...
Old 09-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Hello, Lilly Town people

Ruroshen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Wood View Post
Though do we actually know who Yelle's audiences are ?
This is an excellent question. Given that your goal is to appeal to Yelle's audience, it may actually be wisest to consider Yelle's musical and performance styles, and select Alizée videos and performances that are reasonably close...at least to lead off with.

Espire? NarutoSoul? You guys are established Yelle fans--any thoughts on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirWood View Post
Also to stick with the chronological order of album release to show the artist's progression (or reverse it as Roman suggested).
Personally, I'd go with reverse-chronological order and lead off with modern Lili, for two reasons: first, based on what little I've heard of Yelle, the cuts off Psychedelices seem more in line with her style of music (Fifty Sixty in particular); second, opening with Moi...Lolita runs the risk of Yelle's fans thinking you're trying to push a fifteen year-old on them. A very talented fifteen year old, of course, but nevertheless...if it's their first exposure to Lili, they may dismiss her out of hand as being a 'kiddie artist', y'know?

To answer the JPVA question, I'd go with the music video, if only to maintain consistency with the rest of the DVD. Tube du Jour has its obvious benefits, but Lili's positively adorable in the video.

Plus, wet Lili > dry Lili. I'm just gonna put that out there.
Old 09-05-2008, 08:02 PM
Faded into Gray

TheBarrett is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruroshen
She's dry in one of them?
Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 PM
Century Child

Ben is on a distinguished road

Re: Targeting the DVD content for Yelle's audience... It's a point, though I wouldn't go too far. While I do plan to introduce the discs there, I hope it isn't the only time and place they're used!
Old 09-06-2008, 02:31 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

I like your original list, in the order cited. Core Alizée.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:32 AM
Languishing Without Lili

NarutoSoul is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is an excellent question. Given that your goal is to appeal to Yelle's audience, it may actually be wisest to consider Yelle's musical and performance styles, and select Alizée videos and performances that are reasonably close...at least to lead off with.

Personally, I'd go with reverse-chronological order and lead off with modern Lili, for two reasons: first, based on what little I've heard of Yelle, the cuts off Psychedelices seem more in line with her style of music (Fifty Sixty in particular); second, opening with Moi...Lolita runs the risk of Yelle's fans thinking you're trying to push a fifteen year-old on them. A very talented fifteen year old, of course, but nevertheless...if it's their first exposure to Lili, they may dismiss her out of hand as being a 'kiddie artist', y'know?

To answer the JPVA question, I'd go with the music video, if only to maintain consistency with the rest of the DVD. Tube du Jour has its obvious benefits, but Lili's positively adorable in the video.

Lili's new stuff is more in line with Yelle's style, which is more high-energy overall. However, I wouldn't call myself an established fan. Yes, I enjoy her stuff, but I am but a fledgling appreciator of her. I discovered her just a little over 2 weeks ago... So I don't think I can really give a reliable opinion yet.

Old 09-07-2008, 01:55 AM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigo! View Post
Seriously guys...

Let's not disappoint our little buddy

The Alizée America motivational kitty

You can't help but root for the little guy

Imagine, if a few copies of this poster was posted in New York, near the Sony music offices, such that the employees of Sony walked by them at lunchtime day after day after day...

(Edit - without the web address so the site did not get in trouble)
Old 09-07-2008, 02:13 AM
un jour une fois

espire is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Yelle is a mixture of styles, mainly electropop with a bit of hip-hop; just watch the video I posted to understand her groove. It's sometimes similar to Gwen Stefani, but cuter and a bit more musical.

For this reason, Décollage is an obvious choice, though we don't have a video for that. Filtering out all but videos, Mademoiselle Juliette somewhat fits the musical style, while the video part of Fifty Sixty fits the spontaneity and cuteness.

I can't say which videos fit Yelle best from the pre-Mylène era; that leaves it to what videos we think are generally the most attractive. A live performance of J'en ai marre! is a must.

Last edited by espire; 09-07-2008 at 02:14 AM.. Reason: I am awesome.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:03 AM
Choosy moms choose Tchaikovsky

Tchaikovsky is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by espire View Post
A live performance of J'en ai marre! is a must.
Now you're talking!