Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Media Section

Old 03-01-2011, 08:36 PM
Favorite: JEAMizée

User22 is on a distinguished road

They only label it as a "Private Profile" simply because you can't see their info or pictures(notice how that doesn't apply to "PROFILE PICTURE!!!")

I'M FED UP!!!

-And sorry, I was wrong, if you don't have a facebook account, then you can't see her profile...but oh well...cause if one wanted to they could create an account and see her profile anyway...

Last edited by User22; 03-01-2011 at 08:38 PM..
Old 03-02-2011, 12:49 AM
Alizée's Watch-Dragon

Deepwaters is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronius31 View Post
They only label it as a "Private Profile" simply because you can't see their info or pictures(notice how that doesn't apply to "PROFILE PICTURE!!!")

I'M FED UP!!!

-And sorry, I was wrong, if you don't have a facebook account, then you can't see her profile...but oh well...cause if one wanted to they could create an account and see her profile anyway...
I have a Facebook account and can tell you that almost all of hers is kept private.

But wasn't this picture posted on Johan's rather than hers?

The Stairway To Nowhere (FREE): http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/8357
The Child of Paradox: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/27019
The Golden Game: http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/56716
Old 03-02-2011, 06:36 AM

JoeNY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I love how people say that looking at someone's profile every once in a while is considered "stalking" them.

And I wonder who removed the pictures and why they removed it. Because they are not private pictures if they are posted on facebook...
I was just poking fun at Iwillmeether because I found that same picture in her brother's Facebook, not Alizee's. Following Alizee's Facebook is one thing, but her brother's? Of course, Iwillmeether may not have originally saw it there, but considering it's a rather personal pic, the sources are limited. They could have sent it to papa Jacotey, and he could have put it up in his Facebook too. Anyway, I didn't scream "Pedophile, call Chris Hanson!".
Old 03-02-2011, 07:12 AM
Love.

Iwillmeether is on a distinguished road

Or did you? 0.o
Anyway I don't even know, it may have been on her facebook or something.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepwaters View Post
I have a Facebook account and can tell you that almost all of hers is kept private.

But wasn't this picture posted on Johan's rather than hers?
No, it was posted on Alizee's profile...

So, does anyone see that my points are valid?

Edit:

And let me post my points just one more time lol:

Quote:
1) Her so called "Private Profile" is not private since it is on facebook and can be seen by anyone (including those who don't even have a facebook).
2)It is her profile picture that can be seen by anyone (including those who don't even have a facebook).
3) Pictures from her so so called "Private Profile" have been posted here many times before (ex. The picture RMJ took and Alizee used as her profile picture on her so called "Private Profile").

Last edited by User22; 03-02-2011 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 03-02-2011, 10:04 PM
D[e]mon of the Fall

jung_adore_ALIZEE is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
So, does anyone see that my points are valid?
When one intends for another to be able to look at their profile they will add them or accept their friend request if they sent one. That is the reason there is a private setting on facebook.

Guess personally I don't see a reason to look at anothers profile if they don't want to be my friend. Just as I don't see a reason someone would look at mine if I don't want them as a friend. It's simple respect I suppose. I've seen it quite often, even from people here, that she is a rather private person about such things and I'd think that is one thing you can respect correct?

Regards,

Jung

Old 03-03-2011, 07:11 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Profile pictures are not private. You have to see the picture before you can send a friend request. It's out there for everyone to see.

That's not debatable.

If those in charge of AAm still don't want Facebook photos posted here that's fine. Don't post them. But give the stupid respect/guilt speech a rest. There's nothing wrong with looking at a photo that's on the Internet where anyone with a computer can see it.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:16 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post

But give the stupid respect/guilt speech a rest. There's nothing wrong with looking at a photo that's on the Internet where anyone with a computer can see it.

seconded. thank you Dr.
Old 03-03-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jung_adore_ALIZEE View Post
When one intends for another to be able to look at their profile they will add them or accept their friend request if they sent one. That is the reason there is a private setting on facebook.
If she didn't intend for people to see it then she would have made her profile not pop up in search results or be totally blocked from anyone but her friends seeing it which is indeed possible. But we are able to see her profile even though we aren't her friend which she must be fine with since she didn't block it from anyone seeing it or searching for it.

And thanks DrSmith, thats exactly what I am saying.
Old 03-03-2011, 11:29 AM
Merci Alizée

Probably no one noticed my last few posts. Anyways, I have already deleted my replies. I know that everyone who has an account on the facebook is can access anyone's profile picture and the person who owns the profile is aware of this. So, you can call it publicly accessible content. But the picture posted here, which is larger version of the profile picture, is not accessible to the everyone. Since it's still the content not intended for everyone who's not a friend, so I removed it.

I hope that it's clear.