Go Back   Alizée America Forum > Alizée > Alizée Discussion

Old 09-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Psychédélices Era Fan

Zeerre is on a distinguished road
Default Alizée spotted near LA

So I was visiting my aunt on Saturday, she asked me if I could go with her to some furniture store, and I said: “Sure, why not.” We get there and she tells me that she has to make a payment, and that there’s quite a few people waiting in line for the same reason, so it might take a while. She says that I’m welcome to go look around, and that she’d call me when it was time to go. I wander about the store for a few minutes, then head straight for the electronics section. I mess around with some computers, check out some digital cameras, watch 5 minutes of “Avatar,” listen to some music, and play some video games.

I realize this is going to take more time than I thought, so I leave the electronics section and head for a small section of the store with a few books in it. Most of them were self-help books, some were about politics, a few were children books, and others told you how to find Jesus in your life; nothing that really piqued my interest. There really wasn’t much left to see, so in a last ditch attempt to save myself from boredom, I decided to check out the appliances section. I figured that at least the walk from one end of the store to the other, would ease my mind.

The aisles in the appliances section were lined up with signs of overly happy people, who knew that a toaster could bring so much joy into someone’s life. I walk quickly through the narrow corridors skipping past blenders, coffee makers, and microwave ovens, when suddenly something catches my eye. It was an image that by now should be permanently burned into my retina; still, I do a double take and nod to myself in disbelief. There, gloriously overlooking a bunch of clothes irons is a sign with Gourmandises era Alizée’s face stamped on it.

I take out my phone to take a picture of it, when out of the blue a group of old ladies swarm the previously empty aisle and start looking at the clothes irons, effectively covering my shot. I stand there awkwardly, phone in hand, and pretend to be texting to somewhat ease the tension. I wait for them to finish their business, quickly snap a couple of pictures of the sign, and then walk away nonchalantly.

I realize that whoever made the sign probably doesn’t even know who Alizée is, and most likely just stumbled upon her picture by doing a Google search for “nice smile” or something to that effect. However, it still took me by surprise to see an image of Alizée in a furniture store, among kitchen appliances.

Also, sorry if I got your hopes up with the title of this thread, I wish I had seen the real, flesh and blood Alizée, but I guess for that to happen I’m gonna have to go to the mountain myself.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:35 AM
Alizée Always And Forever

RobandSandy is on a distinguished road

Dude, that is so awesome!!!!
Old 09-07-2010, 08:02 AM
Ethical

DrSmith is on a distinguished road

Wow, that's crazy. You should have written on the sign "♡ Alizée" with a permanent marker.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:12 AM
i'm...PSYCHODELICIOUS.

Människöpesten is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSmith View Post
Wow, that's crazy. You should have written on the sign "♡ Alizée" with a permanent marker.
this. also, alizée apparently irons a lot to Los Angelans.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:25 AM

dwightks is on a distinguished road

OMG where exactly is this store? I live in LA and this is just crazy!
Old 09-07-2010, 11:29 AM
Founder: 5,060 club.

wasabi622 is on a distinguished road

I didn't know business could do that. Just take a photo of a celebrity and use it like that without permission. Didn't Hallmark get in trouble for doing that with Paris Hilton?

Old 09-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Against The Current

Fall is on a distinguished road

If you or anybody get a chance to go there again, you should do as Dr. Smith said and write that she is Alizée and include the AAm web address
Old 09-07-2010, 12:48 PM

Alex is on a distinguished road

Damn Dude, you scared me lol, I thought she really visited LA or something lol. Well, that's really cool Dude, I agree with Dr. Smith also xD. Also, if possible can you give the location of the store?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:45 PM

Jenny_HRO87 is on a distinguished road

wow that's amazing.... but I wonder if the are allowed to use that picture... anyway, great story
And all I see is life, life in a beautiful light."
Old 09-07-2010, 02:21 PM
<Love that girl still!!! forever my coco

VVVACCPLPNLY is on a distinguished road

Lol very nice find, thanks for sharing!

Tags
california, gourmandises, los angeles, sign