Old 08-07-2018, 08:38 PM
Administrator

CleverCowboy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray4AJ View Post
"Other" Enfoires artists discussion moved here:

http://alizeeamerica.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8384
Oh Ray! Now this makes it confusing.

There is a lot of overlap in the mentions of Alizee and the other artists since they perform together.
Old 08-07-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Fan Standing

Ray4AJ is on a distinguished road

Hmm.... Mentions of Alizée yes, but the other artists are the topic. I'll think about it some more.

Edit:

Someone might look to the Alizée section of the forum for Alizée and have no interest in sifting through the other stuff.

Last edited by Ray4AJ; 08-07-2018 at 08:53 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 08-07-2018, 10:00 PM

Shepherd is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
GREAT idea Scruffy!
I second that.
Old 09-21-2018, 08:12 PM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I don't think I mentioned this in my report of my meeting with A & G, but when I had them together, I first asked in Alizees direction if they'd be in Less Enfoires. Alizees quickly and decisively said no, but then I pointed at Greg and I said "both of you in Less Enfoires?" and he didn't shoot down the idea so that seed may have just been planted.
Old 09-22-2018, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
I don't think I mentioned this in my report of my meeting with A & G, but when I had them together, I first asked in Alizees direction if they'd be in Less Enfoires. Alizees quickly and decisively said no, but then I pointed at Greg and I said "both of you in Less Enfoires?" and he didn't shoot down the idea so that seed may have just been planted.
I'm glad you asked them this question. I know of two people still participating in LE that Alizee probably would not care to work with. Maybe having Greg there with her would make her more comfortable. I'm sure Greg would love participating - for Alizee it is been there done that. I think Alizee would do it for her husband, but I can understand why she would not want to be there alone.
Old 09-22-2018, 07:43 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Keep in mind that she, or they, would have to be invited. There is no reason why they would invite him, so it would simply be her or not her.

I think the question is whether they would even invite her after so many years of absence. If she had a blossoming career they would consider her as a possibility. However, after so many years of absence, and as she is barely in the public eye, an invitation would be a long shot.
Old 09-23-2018, 06:38 AM

Scruffydog777 will become famous soon enough

I wish I had thought this out more about what I could've said if I knew she was going to be there and I'd get to see her for a few minutes, but I wasn't sure the place would be open, wasn't sure if it was, if she'd be there and wasn't sure if they might give me the boot when I showed up.

Greg seemed interested when I mentioned LE, so I wish I had told him about the high ratings of Les Enfoires and the fact that if he was on the show 'millions' would be seeing him. I think that really would have perked up his ears.

As far as them needing an invite, all she has to do is make a phone call to JJG or Patrick Obispo or Patrick Fiori and mention she and Greg 'together' would like to be on the show and it would be done. The only if is, they may have picked a cast for the show already, that's even if there is a show to begin with after the wife of the founder passed away this year.
Old 09-24-2018, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev View Post
Keep in mind that she, or they, would have to be invited. There is no reason why they would invite him, so it would simply be her or not her.

I think the question is whether they would even invite her after so many years of absence. If she had a blossoming career they would consider her as a possibility. However, after so many years of absence, and as she is barely in the public eye, an invitation would be a long shot.
Just for fun, I did some research on Lorie, one of Les Enfoires long running participants. As with Alizee, Lorie had early success with her albums, selling over 1 million copies of each in France. Her next five albums dropped off sharply in sales with her 6th album (2011) selling 10K in France and 7th (2012) selling 11.5K. She didn't put out an album for five years, then in November, 2017 she put out her 8th. It peaked at #57 in France, which is even lower than her 6th album, which sold only 10K. Music-wise, Lorie seemed to have suffered a similar fate as Alizee.

It looks like Lorie has had some guest spots on a few TV series in the last decade, and seems to do quite a bit of voice-overs. Alizee has had some TV time during the same time span, with DALS for multiple years, winning a pastry competition, and at least one game show that I know of.

The point being is that Alizee and Lorie is a good apple to apple comparison, and Lorie keeps getting invited to Les Enfoires year after year. I don't think Alizee has become too obscure to invite.

Interesting thing I found out while reading Lorie's Wiki page - she and Garou were engaged to be married at one point, and Garou broke it off in 2010.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scruffydog777 View Post
The only if is, they may have picked a cast for the show already, that's even if there is a show to begin with after the wife of the founder passed away this year.
On the Les Enfoires web site, it looks as though they are going to have a 2019 show, but they do not specify who the artists will be.

Last edited by CleverCowboy; 09-24-2018 at 07:40 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doubleposts
Old 09-25-2018, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Alizee played a short part as a cheerleader in LE 2013. I would never know what the score of the game is.

I extracted a 14 second clip from the show when they made their entrance. It would never survive YouTube, so putting it up on my google drive for your viewing pleasure.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1EZ...OrG_iYWyutN3VE
Old 09-25-2018, 10:02 PM

Rev is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverCowboy View Post
...The point being is that Alizee and Lorie is a good apple to apple comparison, and Lorie keeps getting invited to Les Enfoires year after year. I don't think Alizee has become too obscure to invite....

The operative phrase is "keeps getting invited". Once attending, it is easier to keep getting invitations.

Not "too obscure", just that it is not a given.

By the way, thanks for the video clip.

Last edited by Rev; 09-25-2018 at 10:04 PM..